PDA

View Full Version : We Had A Great Time May 5-6

Wendi
05-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Well, as you know, I was able to leave Max behind and escape my real life for two days in Disneyland. It was FABULOUS!!! I met up with Lori (MommyTo2Boys) who also ditched her kiddos and her husband. Her flight was delayed, so we got into Disneyland around 10:30, we could barely move at all!!!

We were so extremely fortunate to have made priority seating arrangements for 11:30 at Blue Bayou. There were actually people waiting in standby line there for a "possible chance of being seated in 3 to 4 hours"!!! What??? Are you kidding me? You should've seen all the people in line! Um... go get a corndog! There is no way I'd wait that long for a chance to eat there.

We went to get our gold Guest of Honor badges, and there were none to be had... hmmmppphhh!!! I think they should've had enough for EVERYONE in the parks that day!!! Come on! (They magically appeared the next morning in the shops again, so we were happy to have at least gotten them, but would've liked to have had them the day before.)

We were so pleased to have met Jenn & Jeff (justlittleoldme & ForgetmyNDA), they were both terrific... so sweet!!! We got to hang out a bit and enjoy the new 50th show "Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years" which we all enjoyed. I'd like to spend more time in the lobby next time, not quite enough time before the show for me to explore. Anyway, they were great, and I hope to meet them again next time!!! Maybe with the kiddos next time.

We rode a few rides, the new and improved Jungle Boat Cruise was excellent, I loved the Pihranas (however that's spelled!), too cute! We actually didn't have too long of waits for the rides we wanted to go on, and we were extremely lucky when it came to finding prime spots for viewing the shows. We had a decent spot for Parade of Dreams, we had a perfect spot in front of the castle for Remember: Dreams Come True - great view of the whole castle and the Matterhorn too! We went to watch Fantasmic! and there weren't many people over there at all, a lot of people saw the first show and had already cleared out, and many people probably left right after the fireworks, so we had front & center seats.

The fireworks were simply amazing. I have never, ever seen a fireworks show that could come close to this show. The theming of the show was just dear to my heart, and probably was the same for all disneyland fans. It was incredible and I thought they did a fantastic job, I am really looking forward to seeing it again this fall.

We did mostly DCA the following day, it was nice, we saw Block Party Bash and did a few things that we'd never done before. Oh, and I found my coveted sliced caramel apple so I was fully satisfied that I did everything I'd sought out to do on this trip.

Oh, we even went back over to Disneyland for a couple of hours, and I decided to give the Matterhorn one last chance (I'd decided a few years ago that I'd never ride it again because it's just so unpleasant to get bruised and beat up the whole time) it actually wasn't bad, so I guess it's back on my list... as long as I sit by myself!

All in all it was a great trip (don't ask about how we got lost on our way back to the airport and nearly missed our flights...) and I was glad to give Max hugs and kisses all day today and tell him how happy I was to be home!!!

I'm sure there's so much more to tell, but I just can't think of it all at the moment...

Mermaid
05-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Great report! I'm glad you had a good time!!

Susan L
05-08-2005, 12:22 PM
How fun, the pictures that Lori posted are great. Nice to hear you all had a good time.

Hakuna Makarla
05-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Awsome thanks for the report!! I enjoy them so much!!

Wendi
05-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Just adding some pictures... sorry, I didn't sort through them to get rid of the ones that didn't turn out so well... and my fireworks photos came out pretty blurry, I never know which setting to use for those, they seem to look good on my little preview screen, but once I get home they're not so good!!! Better luck next time on those, but at least we had a really great view for the fireworks so you'll get the idea.

Photo Album (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sfquake@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/b641&.src=ph&.tok=phiUW9CBQAmgK0mH)

Hope that link works!

BQ2
05-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Photo Album (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sfquake@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/b641&.src=ph&.tok=phiUW9CBQAmgK0mH)

Hope that link works!

Thanks for sharing. We're excited to go in two weeks!!

sriggins
05-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Oh, we even went back over to Disneyland for a couple of hours, and I decided to give the Matterhorn one last chance (I'd decided a few years ago that I'd never ride it again because it's just so unpleasant to get bruised and beat up the whole time) it actually wasn't bad, so I guess it's back on my list... as long as I sit by myself!

mmm Matterhorn!

My fav Blue Bayou story was when I was on a date at the park and had waterfront seating. Someone on a POTC boat yelled out "We're on the ride and you aren't" and I replied "We're having prime rib and you're not" haha. Was eerily reminiscent of a Winchester Mystery House event...

Oh yes and can't forget the people who ask you to toss them a roll...

Disneyfun
05-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. I too was at DL on the fifth. I met some people who are now friends. We tried to go to BB and heard them say the ealiest respervations were for 2:30 pm. the next day. We left and had pasta and salad and pizza port. :p