PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Punk Song

ripplededge
01-20-2002, 08:33 PM
DISNEYLAND by Strungout

i want something more from this misery called life it's hard to keep my dreams alive there's all this pain and strife i dream of a place where all of us can hide a world where my answers can never be denied ????????? i want to move to disneyland and forget about this place what better way to get away from the f***ed up human race i want to go to a world ??????? no way to make believe ???????? to disneyland and i never want to i never want to leave ?????????

Has anyone ever heard this song? Those are the actual lyrics, well except for the *'s.
It makes a pretty good point. That you can get away from everything when you are in there.

MonorailMan
01-20-2002, 08:39 PM
Yes, I've heard this song. I just wigh there was a "Clean" version, I can never see Disneyland and Swear words together. The only time I've heard a swear word in DL was, "F***! a 3 hour wait for Indy!"

Largent81
01-20-2002, 10:03 PM
My little brother played it for me once. He was so excited to find a punk song I would listen too. (I didn't like the language either, and that was the only time I listened to it.) He was always trying to get me to go punk.

cemeinke
01-20-2002, 11:04 PM
My favorite Punk song about Disneyland was a song that came out in the late 70's by a band called, The Eyes. As far as I know it was only available on a punk sampler called Yes LA (Which was NOT produced by Brian Eno). One of the best things about this record was it was a one sided record, and it shared tracks with X (Los Angeles), The Bags (We Don't Need The English), and the Germs (No God). Definately one of the best punk samplers to emerge from the era.

Hades
01-20-2002, 11:41 PM
Does anybody remember the Bow Wow Wow song "Do Ya Wanna Hold Me"? There is a reference to Disneyland in it also.

Another song that used to be played on KROQ was by a band named DADA, called "DizKneeLand" (the name spelling changed for obvious leagal protection for parody). I remember just a handfull of the lyrics to that song. The opening line to it goes:
"I just crashed my car again, now I'm going to DizKneeLand"

Of course, there is also the more recent song from No Doubt, "Tragic Kingdom". This song even opens with the recorded spiel from the "talking rock" :D at the end of the Matterhorn Bobsled ride! You know the one. "Permanencer (sp) sentados, por favor"

I guess as long as Disneyland stands for all that is supposed to be good and holsum, punks and the like will always write songs about how delusional and out of touch it all is! ;)

Largent81
01-21-2002, 01:25 AM
I thought of "Dizkneeland" when i first saw this thread. I think my favorite line of that song was, "Just robbed a liqour store, I'm going to Disneyland." I remember the video was pretty cool too.

Newayz, seems like there was another rock song reference. Probably already mentioned though.

Ghoulish Delight
01-21-2002, 07:34 AM
I LOVE DizKneeLand. My sister and I used to play it every time we were headed there. It stopped getting much airplay, though, when stupid people started complaining about the "I just shot President George" line.

no1here
01-21-2002, 02:35 PM
Let's not forget the Vandals tribute to POTC, "Pirates Life."

Not Afraid
01-21-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by no1here
Let's not forget the Vandals tribute to POTC, "Pirates Life."

Ah, of course! How could I forget that. I used to hang with Stevo back in those early days of punk. Disneyland was a hot topic because they wouldn't let "our type" into the park. The song cemeinke talks about above was from the same era.

sugarhigh
01-22-2002, 05:01 PM
my brother is always singing "i had a dream that we went to disneyland and went on all the rides" know he sings it but don't know who it's from

Gemini Cricket
01-23-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Hades
Of course, there is also the more recent song from No Doubt, "Tragic Kingdom". This song even opens with the recorded spiel from the "talking rock" :D at the end of the Matterhorn Bobsled ride! You know the one. "Permanencer (sp) sentados, por favor"

If you listen closely to the very end of the "Tragic Kingdom" track someone is playing the "Star Wars" theme on a sax.
;)

Uncle Dick
02-06-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by sugarhigh
my brother is always singing "i had a dream that we went to disneyland and went on all the rides" know he sings it but don't know who it's from

That song is "San Dimas High School Football Rules" by The Ataris. It starts out like this:

Last night I had a dream, that we went to Disneyland, went on all the rides didn't have to wait in line.
One of my favorite Disneyland songs is "Madman" by Ugly Kid Joe, about an axe-wielding murderer loose in the Magic Kingdom. Yeah, so it's a pretty messed up song, but it's funny.