PDA

View Full Version : So what's up with Space Mountain?

Pages : [1] 2

tsubaru02
05-07-2005, 11:51 AM
it been close for a long time ,and i thought it was going to open on may5 but i went yesterday and it was close really sad :crying: ,does any one know how it will be once open,loop,faster,it is my favorite ride,it been close for like 3years....help me please iam going in may26-28 a little vacation,hope it will be open staying at the disneyland hotel how fun

socaltexan02
05-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Everything I've heard/read says it will re-open mid-July. Sorry!

(By the way, is the height requirement on it 40 inches? My daughter is 38 now, wondering if she'll be ready for it in July.)

celinas mommy
05-07-2005, 11:55 AM
From what I have heard and read on other posts on this board -- It will be open in July.... Around the 15th if I remember correctly...

tsubaru02
05-07-2005, 11:59 AM
thanks guy for the quick reply,really open untill july 15 :crying: ooowell gus i have to wait it ok,lucky i have a season pass,hope your little girl will be tall for the ride she will thanks agian disnyland friends :)

Alice 'N' Wonderland
05-07-2005, 12:48 PM
it will be opening on july 17th :) Space mountain during the day... possibly ROCKet Mountain @ night. Sounds like our DLP answer to Rockin' Roller Coaster...

Disneyfreak
05-07-2005, 02:31 PM
It will open July 15th, not the 17th due to the fact they want it open for the whole weekend, not just Sunday. It will also have the same exact track layout with no loops or launches. It will have state of the art effects and new soundtracks with a slightly updated queue with lighting effects.

sriggins
05-07-2005, 02:40 PM
It will open July 15th, not the 17th due to the fact they want it open for the whole weekend, not just Sunday. It will also have the same exact track layout with no loops or launches. It will have state of the art effects and new soundtracks with a slightly updated queue with lighting effects.

I really can't wait for that weekend :)

Tinkerball
05-07-2005, 03:00 PM

(By the way, is the height requirement on it 40 inches? My daughter is 38 now, wondering if she'll be ready for it in July.)

You could always put tall shoes on her....or maybe stretch her on the rack...it worked for my brother *jk*! ;)

sediment
05-07-2005, 07:21 PM

sunfun94
05-07-2005, 09:12 PM
I really can't wait for that weekend :)

One of only two reasons why Ill be there!! :D

tsubaru02
05-08-2005, 08:18 AM
so it will be the same track lay out .and takeing that long hope it will be worth it.thanks for all of the input

charpaul
05-08-2005, 08:33 AM
this is ONLY A RUMOR!!!
Since the official opening date is July 15th - there might - maybe - possibly - be a soft open date for the 4th of July weekend. (think Buzz Lightyear for Spring Break...)
RUMOR ONLY

tsubaru02
05-08-2005, 10:31 AM
that true,i thought the buzz light year ride was going to open on may5 but open way earlyer,hope it will open soon and it will have a diffrent track,last time it was open was when i was in high school wow thats a long time ago...lol
i guess we really wont know till it opens hey

SilverStyle
05-08-2005, 01:42 PM
that true,i thought the buzz light year ride was going to open on may5 but open way earlyer,hope it will open soon and it will have a diffrent track,last time it was open was when i was in high school wow thats a long time ago...lol
i guess we really wont know till it opens hey

Actually its the same layout, new track and rockets. Sound and effect systems are upgraded also

Hakuna Makarla
05-08-2005, 04:41 PM
is there any video out there that shows space mountain?

tsubaru02
05-08-2005, 09:09 PM
i no is there any video or pictures

topmouse
05-09-2005, 02:28 PM

We took my daughter when she was JUST 40 inches. It was horrible. She started sliding under the lap bar and was screaming in terror. I had to hold her in until it stopped. I literally thought that if I didn't, she would have fallen out. I would wait until your daughter is a little bigger so she can enjoy it. My daughter (now 7) still remembers that and vows never to ride it again.

socaltexan02
05-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Eeeks, TopMouse! :eek: Thanks for the tip - I won't be in a hurry to get her on there, then!

sunfun94
05-09-2005, 09:40 PM
We took my daughter when she was JUST 40 inches. It was horrible. She started sliding under the lap bar and was screaming in terror. I had to hold her in until it stopped. I literally thought that if I didn't, she would have fallen out.

This is perfect reason why DL has the height requirments..so for those of you that try and push the cm's to let your child in even if they are right at the line or if you put their "tall shoes" on them.. please please be careful of that decision... they are only looking out for the safety of your children by enforcing those requirements.. Just a friendly note.. ;)

**edit** not saying that you were wrong in anyway topmouse since your daughter was indeed the height required! ;)**

Jawknee
05-10-2005, 03:49 AM
P.S. There is no loop.

Right?

sriggins
05-10-2005, 05:12 AM
P.S. There is no loop.

Right?

Not that I have ever heard...

sdfilmcritic
05-10-2005, 05:19 AM
It was originally scheduled to reopen in November of this year, but they are ahead of schedule and are going to open it in July. Imagine if there were right on target and going to open it in November as originally planned. There would be a lot of unhappy people visiting over the summer.

MsYumiBr
05-10-2005, 06:12 AM
I would much prefer them to take their time and put it together solid. Does anyone know why the original date was November in the first place and what made them think they could move up the date by 4 months? Marketing? I can wait for great ride as opposed to a mediocre one, even though I specifically scheduled our visit to coincide with the opening in July. What a great excuse to visit again at Christmas.

evrythngwmn
05-10-2005, 09:48 AM
I would much prefer them to take their time and put it together solid. Does anyone know why the original date was November in the first place and what made them think they could move up the date by 4 months? Marketing? I can wait for great ride as opposed to a mediocre one, even though I specifically scheduled our visit to coincide with the opening in July. What a great excuse to visit again at Christmas.

The original date way back when they started was May 5th with Buzz but they ran into problems and it got bumped to November. Then Ouimet got on them to get in gear for a July opening.

Disney Show Member
05-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Its true, the new space mountain will not have a loop. Disney didnt want to add one which would frighten sum of the original guests who loves the old space mountain, but dont like loops and therefore would not ride. Group surveys proved that people loved the old track layout with the suprise turns and dips so they kept the same track layout. Also, space mountain will also be showing off sum new exterior light effects on the mountain itself at night. I wuz there one late night working on a Parade of Dreams rehearsel and they were testing different lighting effects on the mountain such as the mountain changing colors from green to blue to purple to red. Also they had chasing lights running up those..i dunno wut to call em. Not the spires but the..well sum are connected to spires. The run up the entire sides of the building. Anyways, chasing lights on those. lol