PDA

View Full Version : Happiest Homecoming Drink

Pages : [1] 2 3

maryxmas
05-07-2005, 07:36 AM
I can't tell what the drink is from the pic listed in the Continous Coverage article? Looks like Lemonade? Does it taste like a Snapple?

Someone please plunk the money down and report! :)

bradk
05-07-2005, 07:38 AM
since virtually every soft drink on the market is artifically colored and flavored anyway, there's really no telling what it is. you'd think there'd at least be an ingredient list.

maryxmas
05-07-2005, 08:47 AM
since virtually every soft drink on the market is artifically colored and flavored anyway, there's really no telling what it is. you'd think there'd at least be an ingredient list.

I thought every product HAD to have that?

Is this drink a secret or something? If you ask what it is when you buy it do they merely say "It's our Happiest Homecoming Drink" or will the CM tell you "Yes, it's really Lemonade" or whatever it is. I mean, some people have allergies to food. They can't deliberately hide what it is, can they?

Whatever. I still want to try one.

AVP
05-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Alex was imprecise when he captioned the photo I failed to identify for him. The drink is called "Tinker Bell Twist," and it's a frozen product available at the ODV stands that sell frozen Coke and lemonade. It's cantelope and sour watermelon, swirled in the bottle. I haven't had one yet.

Disney is also selling 50th Anniversary Coke in a bottle with a special Tinker Bell lable. It's the same flavor Coke, and the bottle is only sold at the Disneyland Resort.

AVP

Disney Vault
05-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Alex was imprecise when he captioned the photo I failed to identify for him. The drink is called "Tinker Bell Twist," and it's a frozen product available at the ODV stands that sell frozen Coke and lemonade. It's cantelope and sour watermelon, swirled in the bottle. I haven't had one yet.

Disney is also selling 50th Anniversary Coke in a bottle with a special Tinker Bell lable. It's the same flavor Coke, and the bottle is only sold at the Disneyland Resort.

AVP
How much does it cost? I would want to try it so I would probably get one for a big group and share. Cantelope and watermelon seems like a stange combo.

christina
05-07-2005, 11:03 AM
AVP

OMG! I have to get one!. My husband collects coke bottles. Which store sells them?

AVP
05-07-2005, 11:22 AM
OMG! I have to get one!. My husband collects coke bottles. Which store sells them?Anywhere they sell bottled Coke at the resort. They are not scarce.

AVP

RStar
05-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Wow.

A 50th drink! Is this what we get in place of the new E Ticket ride?

;)

SCUBAbe
05-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Wow.

;)

don'r be silly..they put in buzz, are fixing space & the subs also monster inc ride is going in...:)

Christiii
05-07-2005, 02:00 PM
wait till you see the fireworks show...after watching it, we all agreed that it WAS an E ticket!! These drinks look yummy..I never buy drinks at DL...Im a water girl..but I think I have to have one of these next week!!

sriggins
05-07-2005, 02:17 PM
wait till you see the fireworks show...after watching it, we all agreed that it WAS an E ticket!! These drinks look yummy..I never buy drinks at DL...Im a water girl..but I think I have to have one of these next week!!

I'll be trying one tomorrow, but I think I might be sourpussed for awhile haha

pretty Omi
05-07-2005, 02:17 PM
i havn't found this odd drink... but i did get the cup with frozen lemonade... to which they asked if i wanted to add a short of cherry or vanilla flavoring

sriggins
05-07-2005, 02:42 PM
i havn't found this odd drink... but i did get the cup with frozen lemonade... to which they asked if i wanted to add a short of cherry or vanilla flavoring

You know we ran into that in the coke plaza too. No longer can you order a cherry coke. You pay for a coke and then add another $.29 for the cherry or vanilla. Man.......

Disneyfun
05-07-2005, 03:22 PM
I am on my way to DL in a few minutes. I will try to find this drink And report back :)

Wendi
05-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Wow, I wish I'd known about the drink, it sounds really yummy!!! I didn't see or hear about it, maybe next time.

itig
05-07-2005, 09:10 PM
It's cantelope and sour watermelon, swirled in the bottle.
OK, that sounds gross to me...but you never know. Anxiously waiting to hear from the first victim :)

sunfun94
05-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Wow.

;)

Um, yeah, you need to check out the new fireworks show... ;)

RStar
05-07-2005, 09:16 PM
OK, that sounds gross to me...but you never know. Anxiously waiting to hear from the first victim :)

Actually, it sounds pretty good to me. Mellons go well together, and the two would be like topical fruit.

And yes, I was being silly. I can't wait to see the fireworks. We had our spot all warmed up on the 5th, right in front of the castle at 6:00. Then my mom got real sick and we to leave around 7:30. I was so bummed out. But at least I got to go on the first ever 50th tour!

sunfun94
05-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Actually, it sounds pretty good to me. Mellons go well together, and the two would be like topical fruit.

And yes, I was being silly. I can't wait to see the fireworks. We had our spot all warmed up on the 5th, right in front of the castle at 6:00. Then my mom got real sick and we to leave around 7:30. I was so bummed out. But at least I got to go on the first ever 50th tour!

Oh, thats a shame about your mom... I hope she is feeling better! :) I am green though that you got to go on that tour! lol...Are they still doing them?

AlbertaMinnie
05-08-2005, 05:31 AM

AVP
I can never find those frozen Coke and lemonade vendors when I want one...can anyone let me know where they are located now? It's worth at least a try...

When did Tinkerbell become so popular? (or have I just had my head in my mouse ears?) My daughter is a huge Tink fan and years ago it was hard to find anything with her on it....now though, she's even on our Coke bottles? Don't get me wrong, that's great - but my back is already hurting thinking about how many she will want to bring home with her.....are they at least cheaper than a t-shirt?!? ha ha :D

evrythngwmn
05-08-2005, 08:21 AM
I can never find those frozen Coke and lemonade vendors when I want one...can anyone let me know where they are located now? It's worth at least a try...

When did Tinkerbell become so popular? (or have I just had my head in my mouse ears?) My daughter is a huge Tink fan and years ago it was hard to find anything with her on it....now though, she's even on our Coke bottles? Don't get me wrong, that's great - but my back is already hurting thinking about how many she will want to bring home with her.....are they at least cheaper than a t-shirt?!? ha ha :D

Tinkerbell is one of big "it" logos for the 50th. I don't think anyone will have problems finding the new Coke bottles. I was there the morning three large trucks came in together to deliver them (this is not the norm) and from what I've heard Coke will continue to manufacture them for the resort during the 50th celebration.

As for the frozen drink machines there is one across from La Petit Chalet in FL, one behind La Petit near the Matterhorn. I believe there is also one outside the entrance to Haunted Mansion near Rivers of America.

AlbertaMinnie
05-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Tinkerbell is one of big "it" logos for the 50th. I don't think anyone will have problems finding the new Coke bottles. I was there the morning three large trucks came in together to deliver them (this is not the norm) and from what I've heard Coke will continue to manufacture them for the resort during the 50th celebration.

As for the frozen drink machines there is one across from La Petit Chalet in FL, one behind La Petit near the Matterhorn. I believe there is also one outside the entrance to Haunted Mansion near Rivers of America.

Yummm, thanks! I can taste it already! I've printed your reply and have it in my trip notes for July!

Disneyfun
05-08-2005, 02:25 PM

Tinkerbell is what would open the Disney show and still does the DVDs the idea is she is the Offical welcoming.
Least this is what I heard.

bradk
05-08-2005, 02:43 PM
while that's true, she hasn't always been a focus point for marketing. i think years ago, there was clearly more of a push towards mickey and the rest of the fab 5 as the icons for disney and its theme parks, but within the past few years, it seems that she and the princesses have really come to the forefront as well. i think it was just a marketing move someone decided should be made and i'm sure it more than paid off.

LilysMom2003
05-09-2005, 01:27 PM
So, how much does this drink cost and has anyone tried it yet?