PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks research team needed Saturday 5/7/2005

AVP
05-06-2005, 03:40 PM
MousePlanet is creating a viewing guide for the new fireworks show, and we'd like some assistance from our readers. If you're going to be at Disneyland Saturday night and want to help with this project, please meet Alex inside the Tour Guide Gardens on Main Street around 8:00pm. If you have a digital camera, please bring that too!

We'll assign you to a spot around the park, and give you a checklist of show effects. What we're trying to discover is how much of the overall show you can see from the various vantage points. After the show, we'll meet back up, compare notes, and download any images you want to share. Alex has promised to reward your participation with light refreshments.

Please post here if you need more information.

AVP

FantasmicFanatic
05-07-2005, 04:04 AM
I will be there that evening to see a friend who is in the parade (think "friend" of Peter Pan Saturdays and Sundays, he's gonna do great on his first day!). I should be able to help, seen the show twice already and the gig sounds fun. Maybe I could be awarded with an avatar? ;-)

FF

Xclipse129
05-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Ill be there.. ill try and meet "Alex" at 8pm if im able to get there in time.. itll be crowded but i know not as bad as last thursday. Hehehe :~D

TikiGeek
05-07-2005, 10:45 AM
MousePlanet is creating a viewing guide for the new fireworks showThank you for this effort. I'm sure it will be well appreciated. :)

Disneyfun
05-07-2005, 03:20 PM
It is currently 4:15 on Saturday. I am on my way there. I will try to find you!
If not would you like me to pm or email you later. I will be watching with a person in a wheel chair. We hope to get handicap area to watch the fireworks and the parade. I figure it might be nice to add into your viewing guide a handi cap perspective. Just a thought. I am fairly new here but I have a feeling I am going to be quite active and I am willing to help out when I can.

potzbie
05-08-2005, 05:26 PM
I was there Saturday, and saw the fireworks.
I wished I had noted your posting, before I went.
I hope this quickie verbal description helps.
Well!
I decided to avoid the hub crowd, since the side angle usually implies trees block some of the view.
I took a chance and targeted the railroad station, top stairs.
If nothing else, I figured, the crowd would be thinner, no one would block my view, and my angle would be straight on.
Since the fireworks themselves all explode well above the castle, the view was good.
The side buildings of Main Street did block the low-ascent angle of the upshooting fireworks, but that was not a real factor, except for the fire plumes effect, which is limited in height.
Also, the buildings of Main Street intefered with full sight of Tinker Bell.
The hub's trees interfered with seeing the castle itself, except for the higher towers.
So I heard, but did not see, the "ricochet" effect.
In summary, I would like to see the Tinker Bell effect more, and see the castle (the change of colors) more.
So, if I cannot be at the hub, I would be to the right (the Tomorrowland side) of Main Street, or near the backside of the castle (say, the Mad Hatter Tea Cups), for the sake of watching Tink do her thing, especially the initial launch.
I don't have the patience to do the SQUATTER thing for one hour and stake out a hub location.
So that is MY alternative.

AVP
05-08-2005, 05:32 PM
A big "thanks" to those of you who tried to come, those of you who *did* come, and those of you who have sent in their comments after. Our readers will very much appreciate your assistance.

AVP

bassett1976
05-08-2005, 06:32 PM
My wife and I were at the show on Saturday. Sorry, we did not see the posting prior to Sunday night. If you'd like some information please let us know and we will do our best to answer any questions. We were located in the hub very close to the walkway between the Matterhorn and the Castle.

Pirate Princess
05-08-2005, 10:16 PM
So does anyone have the "ultimate spot?" I wish I could be there every night but I am happy to at least make it 2-3 times a year. Thanks to all who helped everyone enjoy future fireworks shows!

Alex S.
05-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Later this week we'll be publishing our viewing guide for the fireworks which will include details on what each participant was able to see and not see from various locations around the park.

The obvious sweet spot is the front side of the Hub but you'll have to camp for it. If you want to walk up to a decent spot, I think we'll highlight a couple.