PDA

View Full Version : Behind the scenes at Buzz press event

BJW
05-06-2005, 01:40 PM
I got to stand as close as the general public was allowed to the Buzz press event and happened to be standing behind the guy working the teleprompter from a laptop at the table. A few interesting things to note:

Eisner was booed rather loudly by the people standing around me, which prompted the TDA execs to turn their head and look somewhat disgusted.

The whole show was scripted and Eisner did not deviate from what was written. At one time he stuttered over the word "star" because the guy running the computer mistakenly moved the slides too soon on the teleprompter. When he reversed it Eisner was back on track.

Tim Allen, however, deviated from the script and improvised a few places. The Buzz Lightyear "botox" joke and the "Zurg sounds like my mother-in-law" were both Tim's jokes and not part of the script. When he said "That's my line" while walking off the stage I thought that was improv but when I looked down I saw it was part of the script.

Zurg was a voice over and appeared as "VO" in the script. The seargent said four of the word backwards and skipped some of his lines, but it wasn't very noticeable.

I overheard a few execs ask each other if Matt was going to speak. I noticed the lady from the cast blast video that was ciruculating regarding the 50th marketing in attendance.

One funny moment was moments before the show started the teleprompter guy looked over his shoulder at the crowd and shook his head, like he couldn't believe that many people wanted to see that. Another funny moment was when Eisner removed the tarp from the ride vehicle on stage and some of the people mocked Eisner by going "Ooh, you're bad" and such.

Disneyfun
05-06-2005, 02:09 PM
So was this on the 4th. Just curious?

BJW
05-06-2005, 02:36 PM
So was this on the 4th. Just curious?Yes, at 2:30 PM near the Tomorrowland entrance.

Disney Vault
05-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Does anyone have an pictures of the event? I haven't seen it covered on any site except for a single picture.

DCAWhites
05-07-2005, 12:34 AM
I just watched a video of it, and could they get any cheaper with the xp-40? The decals on it were like paper and they fluttered in the wind, and from the video it looked as if the 0 in xp-40 had fallen off.

Disney Vault
05-07-2005, 10:06 AM
I just watched a video of it, and could they get any cheaper with the xp-40? The decals on it were like paper and they fluttered in the wind, and from the video it looked as if the 0 in xp-40 had fallen off.
Did you download this from a fansite? If so which one? Or did you record it at DL yourself and you were watching a tape you had?