PDA

View Full Version : Roy coming on July 17th?

Disney Vault
05-06-2005, 01:25 PM
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1429

This article talks about the guest list for July 17th and it mentions Roy Disney.

And this is very interesting.
Guess who supposedly suggested that the Walt Disney Company reach out to Roy and ask him to play a prominent part in the festivities on July 17th? CEO-to-be Robert Iger.

Will there be a big media event at Disneyland on July 17th like there was for May 5th?

tmshpkns
05-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Here's what Roy has to say about it on his site:

Having been present on Opening Day, July 17, 1955, it will be sad for me not to be around for this momentous piece of history, and certainly this July I'll feel a pretty strong pang of nostalgia

Tom

Disney Vault
05-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Here's what Roy has to say about it on his site:
Tom
That was actually mentioned in the article. And he may change his mind before July. I really hope he goes. It would be really nice if he could read part of walt's opening day speech.

Mark Goldhaber
05-06-2005, 07:31 PM
With Roy stating that he'd be giving up racing at the end of the year, I don't think that he's going to miss the TransPac. On July 17, he'll probably be finishing up the last leg on the Pyewacket.

Sorcerer Jody
05-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Oh, I REALLY REALLY hope Roy goes on the 17th. I want him to read Walt's opening day speech...that's the one thing I am most hoping happens on Disneyland's birthday! I can't think of anybody else special enough to do it...except maybe his daughter, Diane? I wonder if she will attend?

JiminyCricket
05-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I hope that Roy goes too. It is only appropriate he be there. He, after all, knew Walt intimately, being his uncle. Michael Eisner and Robert Iger never even met Walt.