PDA

View Full Version : Happiest Faces Kiosk

Pages : [1] 2

disneyhound
05-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I was looking at Darkbeers latest photos at Smugmug and I noticed a Happiest Faces Kiosk type machine. It looked like an ATM! I think it could be a link to a database that would allow visitors to search for their photos...
Anyone know more about these? If they are in the park, why haven't people been notified by e-mail yet?

princessofpower
05-06-2005, 12:01 PM
A little off topic but...
I saw the murals in person this week, and some of the pictures are soooo small. I would be surprised if anyone could find their pictures on their own, also, some murals (like pooh) are set up so people can't even get close enough to look at them. There are also alot of picture repeated within the same mural.

wriley
05-06-2005, 12:04 PM
I sent a whole bunch of pics of me and my daughter at DL and DLH, So if anyone finds a way to search for your self please let me know.

stan4d_steph
05-06-2005, 12:18 PM
The locations are listed in the MousePlanet coverage here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050504asd.htm), posted May 5 at 10:35 AM. There are currently two kiosks, located outside of City Hall on Main Street and between the Mad Hatter and the Showcase Store on Main Street. A third one will be added, location TBD.

Tiger W
05-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Is it possible that they will have posters of the pictures to purchase? (try saying that 10 times fast :D ) I think it would be a great idea to have a poster size of some of the pictures.

disneyhound
05-06-2005, 12:33 PM
The locations are listed in the MousePlanet coverage here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050504asd.htm), posted May 5 at 10:35 AM. There are currently two kiosks, located outside of City Hall on Main Street and between the Mad Hatter and the Showcase Store on Main Street. A third one will be added, location TBD.
Are they some sort of database access system?

CrazyTrain
05-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Yes, you look up by name or e-mail and you can print out a list of where your pictures are.

KarenW2
05-06-2005, 01:42 PM
My hubby and I were talking about this last night and we figured the next best place to place a kiosk would be by the Monorail, since the other 2 are on either side, near the main entrance & the Monorail would be the only other entrance people use to get into the park. You'd want to know ASAP, where your photos are located, so you could start out on your "quest", true??

Unless they want them to hot-foot it all the way back to City Hall/Showcase, to get their info before starting off. But that doesn't sound like a good idea to me!

Our friends, John & Deb, who came with us to the Sneak Peek Wednesday, stayed an extra night, to go again yesterday. We tried calling his cell, to ask him to check the kiosks while they were there, so we'd know where ours are, but he didn't even bring his phone into the park!! Oh, well. Another time.

disneyhound
05-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Yes, you look up by name or e-mail and you can print out a list of where your pictures are.
Cool. but I say yet again, where is my e-mail... ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
05-06-2005, 04:00 PM
No email for me either and we've been in Anaheim since the 30th of April. I go and check email at the hotel's business center every day because we will be here til May 9th, and if my photos were used in the collages, I'd sure like to know before I fly back to Seattle on Monday night!!!!

AlbertaMinnie
05-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Cool. but I say yet again, where is my e-mail... ;)

Perhaps they are only e-mailing people who e-mailed their photos in???? It's easier to hit the "reply" button. I'm keeping my hopes high that they were able to use at least one of mine, considering so many people are reporting that theirs were used more than once........however, like you, I have received no e-mail......I mailed mine in. Here's hoping!

BQ2
05-06-2005, 08:36 PM

Thanks for the tip, Loser ;)

CrazyTrain
05-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the tip, Loser ;)

You're just jealous ;)

Ok, the CM told me since I'd gotten the confirmation e-mail (from a few weeks ago) but since I wasn't in the kiosk, that my picture(s) should be in one of three murals that they haven't completed yet.

She also said that eventually everyone whose pics were used would get an e-mail and/or snail mail about it. She said they were still working on those, since they had so many pictures that they used. If you didn't get the second e-mail, I wouldn't give up hope yet.

So, patience, patience, eventually all shall be relvealed! :eek:

Oh Oh, and she had me do my name (and I was surprised there were only 5 people with my last name that had entered pics!) and when that didn't work, she had me do my e-mail. She made it sound like you can't always trust one or the other, so I'd try both! Of course, there should be a CM there anyway helping you out :D

Wendi
05-07-2005, 06:44 PM
I found one of my pix! Most of them were in Steamboat, it was impossible to find them. I even had a CM help to show me where to look, still no luck. They are just to small and blurry. But the one in Simba & Nala's pic was easy to spot, and I took some good pictures of it too.

There are still 3 mosaics yet to be done (and the pictures aren't in the database kiosks yet) and some (or maybe all) of the DCA mosaics haven't been added to the kiosks yet either. She said that they would be adding a kiosk in DCA as well.

disneyhound
05-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Perhaps they are only e-mailing people who e-mailed their photos in???? It's easier to hit the "reply" button. I'm keeping my hopes high that they were able to use at least one of mine, considering so many people are reporting that theirs were used more than once........however, like you, I have received no e-mail......I mailed mine in. Here's hoping!
Perhaps... Apparently, however, you can search by name or by e-mail address. Do you remember if a request was made for you e-mail address when you sent in your photos by snail-mail?

If Disney has a database in the park in the Kiosks, then it would take a milisecond to notify everyone in that database by e-mail their photos uses and location. If spammers can tell us about "Low Mortgage Rates" fifty times a day, I mean, Come On Disney...

AlbertaMinnie
05-08-2005, 06:02 AM
Perhaps... Apparently, however, you can search by name or by e-mail address. Do you remember if a request was made for you e-mail address when you sent in your photos by snail-mail?

If Disney has a database in the park in the Kiosks, then it would take a milisecond to notify everyone in that database by e-mail their photos uses and location. If spammers can tell us about "Low Mortgage Rates" fifty times a day, I mean, Come On Disney...

You're absolutely right! I wonder what's going on then????

Our city did murals up very similar to the Happiest Faces and also printed posters of each one that they sold to the public so that everyone could purchase a copy if their photos were used. Any idea if Disney is intends to do the same?

Wendi
05-08-2005, 09:29 AM

I'm sure they will be doing this as soon as they are finished with the remaining mosaics and updating the rest of the database. There are still 3 mosaics that haven't been finished yet so I'm sure they will wait to notify everyone once they are completed. Why send email now and then again when more photos are used?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-08-2005, 10:13 AM
The only one that was in the database for us was one in Steamboat Willie and it was on the very top, no way to see. I will check back in November to see if they have added anymore.
Wendi's picture in the Lion King one was great!

RStar
05-08-2005, 01:53 PM
I wonder, do they have copies of the murals so when they fade or get water damaged (as some already are) they will be able to replace them.

The last email I got said we'd all be notified May 18th as to where all the pictures are. I've tried looking at some, and it seems imposible to find one in all the pictures!

EandCDad
05-08-2005, 06:00 PM
We had 11 pictures used: six in the Steamboat, two in Pooh, one in Lion King, and two in Mr. Incredible in DCA. We couldn't find four of the Steamboat pictures because they are in the top 3 rows, but we did find the others. The pictures are small but if you are persistent, the are recognizable. We found the one in Lion King pretty easily. Mr. Incredible was a little harder, but eventually we found them both. We have to check Pooh next time, since we didn't make it down there.

One thing that would make it easier is if Disney would print a list of how many rows and colums are in each collage. When we looked at Mr. Incredible, our picture was in row 116. I didn't know how many rows there were, so I didn't wasn't about to coun't down 116, but I couldn't count up either. I finally just ran my finger down the entire column and it turned out that Mr. Incredible has 116 rows, our daughter's picture was in the bottom row.

lisap
05-08-2005, 07:54 PM
The kiosk on Main St. was deserted when we printed out our picture list. I don't know if the word is getting out there about how to find the pics, but we found it to be a lot of fun searching them out. The Steamboat Willie one is just crazy-hard to search, but very cool. Here (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thelisap92024/album?.dir=3bd0&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos) are a few pics of our searches and some detail shots of the photos. :)

sriggins
05-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Very cool pics of the mosaics :)

lilblckrncloud
05-08-2005, 10:14 PM
The kiosk on Main St. was deserted when we printed out our picture list. I don't know if the word is getting out there about how to find the pics, but we found it to be a lot of fun searching them out. The Steamboat Willie one is just crazy-hard to search, but very cool. Here (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thelisap92024/album?.dir=3bd0&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos) are a few pics of our searches and some detail shots of the photos. :)That is AWESOME! Those pics are great. I am also so jealous because as I said in another thread, all but one of my pics are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy up at the top of the Steamboat Willie mosaic, so I doubt I will have the chance to see any of mine in use like that. Fingers crossed that the one of mine they used in the Bug's Life mosaic is visible!!

disneyhound
05-09-2005, 07:35 AM
The kiosk on Main St. was deserted when we printed out our picture list. I don't know if the word is getting out there about how to find the pics, but we found it to be a lot of fun searching them out. The Steamboat Willie one is just crazy-hard to search, but very cool. Here (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thelisap92024/album?.dir=3bd0&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos) are a few pics of our searches and some detail shots of the photos. :)
Great pictures, I actually looked at the other images in your photos, looking, hoping, we got to be in there somewhere... ;)

Leash81
05-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Personally I would like it if they hooked the database to the web so that you could search at home and print out your list before you even got to the park. THat would probably be even easier than sending out all the emails. Oh well I know what I look like so if I don't get to see my picture it will be ok, I would just like to know if my pics got used.