PDA

View Full Version : scared of Disneyland

GrimmGreen
05-06-2005, 08:13 AM
after reading all of this 50th hooo haaah , i am now very worried about my trip in june... is it going to be out-of-controll busy?? i'm sure i'll enjoy disneyland anyway , but does anyone think that the crowds will have thinned out by then?? any opinions would help out ,

LEAVING JUNE 4th

DangerMouse
05-06-2005, 08:26 AM
after reading all of this 50th hooo haaah , i am now very worried about my trip in june... is it going to be out-of-controll busy?? i'm sure i'll enjoy disneyland anyway , but does anyone think that the crowds will have thinned out by then?? any opinions would help out ,

LEAVING JUNE 4th

I think only time will tell. I'll be there 6/1-6/2 and have the same concerns. My guess is that it will only get more crowded as the summer goes on. And I'm hoping all the local AP holders will go these first couple weeks of the 50th to see the new parade/fireworks. My new mantra for DL crowds is "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."

bradk
05-06-2005, 08:30 AM
first couple of weeks of june should be fine, preferably weekdays

GrimmGreen
05-06-2005, 12:44 PM
yeah hope for the best i suppose , thanks

Notanksonbridge
05-06-2005, 12:51 PM
I hope its not gonna be crowded on my first visit to Disneyland...

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I certainly wouldn't let what you've heard stop you, nor let it scare you away. I've been in the park on days it was closed to new admissions, it was THAT full and there was nothing to be frightened of. And we're always there on the Fourth of July, now THAT's a full to the brim day, and I certainly wouldn't let it scare me away. We're not talking about hoards of maurauding Visogoths here..."out of control busy" it's not.

And bear in mind, Disney is doing this big ad campaign that says, in essence. "Disneyland is 50 so don't go there, come to Disney World and party..." Personally, I didn't think yesterday was bad, if the park hadn't been so full of media and VIP's (and suits, we've got to talk about THEM sometime) I don't think it would have been an especially busy day at all. And with so many people in line for merchandise and holding parade viewing spots we virtually walked onto most of the attractions...in the afternoon there was no wait on Autopia, the Matterhorn wait was about 15 minutes.

Come. Enjoy.

-TLMt

Susan L
05-06-2005, 01:05 PM
I think you are going at a good time, its just before the local kids get out of school and way before the actual birthday of DL. Have a fun time any way it turns out. Don't let the crowds run you off.

Catcherman22
05-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Should not be too busy the first couple weeks in June, with most schools still in session.

You might start running into Grad Nights at Disney which means an early closing time..

But thats not untill at least the second week.

Dan

AlbertaMinnie
05-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Don't be afraid of the crowds....use it to your advantage. Do your homework in advance and figure out how to use the fastpasses. Keep in mind that during the busy times, CM's do their best to keep traffic moving, and for those that are in line, there always appears to be something to keep people entertained. Use the lineups to grab a quick snack (you don't have to dispose of your drinks etc until you are almost onto the rides.) We strike up conversations with those in line around us, and keep track of how many different cities/countries are actually there that day! Remember, you are in the Happiest Place on Earth and even though you may be in line for something, or sitting and awaiting a parade, you are still with the ones you love so make the most of that time!

SCUBAbe
05-07-2005, 07:51 AM
I would recommend ridemax. It is very good at getting you on rides quickly on crowded days. :)

Disney Vault
05-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Things seemed worse because of all the media in those pictures. Remember they had tents for camera and radio stations which made things all backed up.

disneyperson
05-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Of course it will be crowded. It will be summer in DL during the first weeks of the 50th celebration. But don't be scared. Use fastpass wisely, give ridemax a try, and go with the flow. You'll have a wonderful time.

GrimmGreen
05-07-2005, 04:00 PM
yeah i didnt even think about gradnights... i belive i already checked the hours though... that sunday... closing is at 11 and monday closing is at 9... so that should be ok... i'm super exited... thanks for the input

Wendi
05-07-2005, 05:19 PM
I really think it will be like June in any other year, I wouldn't expect larger than life crowds just because of the 50th.