PDA

View Full Version : Hello and my 50th kickoff report

sriggins
05-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Steve and while I have read MousePlanet for awhile I am new to the forums here. I met the hub club while at the park last night and had a blast!

I've posted a report here, which has some spoilers, so you are warned:

http://www.geeksrus.com/archives/000657.html#000657

There is a link to the photos of the day (no spoilers from the show nor parade) here:

http://www.geeksrus.com/albums/disneyland50th_2005_05_05/

I look forward to sharing my passion for the park with all of you!

Steve

Hakuna Makarla
05-06-2005, 08:15 AM
WOW I really liked your pictures!! the castle pic is awsome!! thank you so much, I will now go look at the report ( I always look at the pics first :)

sriggins
05-06-2005, 08:25 AM
WOW I really liked your pictures!! the castle pic is awsome!! thank you so much, I will now go look at the report ( I always look at the pics first :)

You are welcome!

outlaw8
05-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Steve..
Excellent shots..Thank you...First time I've seen the GOLD car.>TY!!

sunfun94
05-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Steve,

Thanks for the wonderful shots!
Its funny that we were almost litterally standing at opposite ends of the esplanade awaiting entry (I was at the last gate about 3 people from the gate by the stroller/ecv rentals) yet we ended practically right next to each other for the ceremony kick off! :) Thanks again for those pics, they were awesome and showed some of the new murals I hadnt even noticed when we were there!!! :D

sriggins
05-06-2005, 10:13 AM
yet we ended practically right next to each other for the ceremony kick off!

Did you enjoy the cattle cow ride from point A to B before the opening Ceremony? :)

SummerinFL
05-06-2005, 10:40 AM
WOW Great photos! I have never seen any photos of DL that weren't "official" so it was nice to see it from a guest perspective. :)

BooBooFett
05-06-2005, 11:10 AM
err...not so much.

We had a really fun day, but that first hour or so was a bit aggravating. Gridlock on Main Street, as the whole hub area was blocked by the media setups. Herded into Tomorrowland (then herded back out - then back in) only to discover that we and our fellow gazillion other head of cattle couldn't see any of the kickoff celebration from the entrance edge of Tomorrowland.

Really now- they could have at least run the SOUND through the Disneyland speakers, yes? We were close to the staging area, but sound wasn't broadcast over the speakers near us, so we didn't hear a thing except Christina (for better or worse - that girl can PROJECT!). Fireworks and doves were a nice touch (though we felt bad for those poor ducks!)

Hopefully, whatever they have planned for July 17th will allow more guests to actually see and hear the event.

Here's a fun note - for those who could not be there - get the free 50th anniversary DVD Disneyland travel has been offering - that was part of what they played on the giant screens.

The rest of the day went GREAT! The park looks gorgeous - magical. Apart from the Main Street cattle drive, the park did not feel excessively crowded - just busy. With fastpasses, walked right onto rides. Had lunch at Blue Bayou - passed on the "free" $30 dessert plates, but got free Mickey & Minnie pins in a cute display box (the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor pins)

Loved the parade. Ursula float was very cool - very organic and animated.

The tiki weather gods smiled upon us, for sure.