PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Book?

crazi4dlr
05-06-2005, 08:04 AM
Can someone help me out? When I was a kid we bought a book, presumably at DL, that was sort of a pictoral history of the park. I would look through it over and over. I want to find something along that line for my 8 year old. She loves Disneyland but has only gone once and I want to get something for her to look at between visits. I don't want one of those guide books that they sell at the big bookstore chains. I looked for something similar to the one my folks had years ago when we were at DLR last summer. My DH and I are going in June and I am hoping someone(s) will have ideas on where I might find something like this. Thanks so much. BTW this is my favorite place to be during the day, although I think it might make me a bad employee sometimes as I get caught up in the boards and all. Anyway thanks for the site and for any suggestions.

tod
05-06-2005, 08:14 AM
The big daddy is Randy Bright's Disneyland: Inside Story. Large format, and it'll set you back $150 or so if you can find one.

Disneyland has produced several hardboud picture books, including "The First Quarter Century," "The First Thirty Years," and "Disneyland: Dreams, Traditions and Transitions," all available in used bookstores.

I recommend going to Abebooks (http://www.abebooks.com/) and doing a search.

--t

itig
05-06-2005, 08:15 AM
The last time I was at DLR, I remember seeing several books in one of the Main Street shops that had historical pics and info on the park. I think there were like 3 or 4 different ones and they looked pretty good. Are you looking for a specific type of book? More kid friendly or more history/fact-based? Anyone else have better info?

Disneyfun
05-06-2005, 08:15 AM
May uncle collects these. They can be hard to find at times. But durring the summer I am sure you will be able to find some. The three places to look are 1) the little gift shop right next to the exit as you leave diseny before going under the train station,
2) the gift shop at the back lot in CDA
3) Music store on main street.
Good lUck.

stan4d_steph
05-06-2005, 08:16 AM
You might check out MouseShoppe. This link (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=387) will take you to the Books portion of the site.

tod
05-06-2005, 09:41 AM
You might check out MouseShoppe. This link (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=387) will take you to the Books portion of the site.

Excellent point. I was referring to books that were out of print or otherwise only available on the aftermarket.

--t

crazi4dlr
05-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions. I will be sure to look in the shop on Main Street and some of the other places for a current version of the book. I'm sure they will have it. But I like the idea of searching some of the places for an older version also. The one we had had beautiful color and b/w pictures, as well as text telling the history of the park and the origin of the pictures. It kept me going until the next visit. We only went once a year. I've discovered that I am an addict but I don't want help....

bradk
05-06-2005, 07:09 PM
if i'm not mistaken, the park publishes these on an annual basis.. the souvenir guides. there are a few up on ebay, but they date back to the 60s/70s