PDA

View Full Version : Crowds on Weekends?????

Poster_SF
01-20-2002, 11:39 AM
Hi,

I was wondering how bad the crowds have been on the weekends.....both at DL and CA.

Will they increase in April??

Thanks.

SteveCJB2001
01-20-2002, 08:41 PM
Today the crowds were aright. At DL, Indy-45min, Big Thunder-45, Matterhorn-Looked like an hour, Space-Fastpass 35min, Standby posted 60, Star Tours-40. At DCA Soarin'-45, GRR-30, Screamin-45 both times I went on, Blast! was packed at the 3:00 show. In all the crowds wern't to bad but they did have quite a few people in the parks.

FantasmicFan82
01-20-2002, 08:55 PM
was the wait for Space 35 minutes WITH FP? or was it 35 mins, and you got on in 10 w/ FP?

cyberRoo
01-21-2002, 09:18 AM
yea, it was fairly packed on Sunday (1.20)... The first time I've seen lines of an hour in DCA (on several rides) - even the "one man's dream" show was full when we saw it. (All those people, and the Chinese food place was *still* closed - what's the deal there?)

socabch
01-21-2002, 12:04 PM
My daughter & I went yesterday (01/20) and it started getting crowded later in the day about 4 or 5. We thought it would be a slow day. Forgot about the Pin Convention.

The day started off lousy, but got better even with crowds. Run down of our day:
1. Went to Matterhorn it broke down.
2. Got FP for Indiana
3. Rode TM
4. Went to Indiana got in FP line it close down due to medical emergency. (Anyone know what happened?)
So with in 2 1/2 hrs we rode one ride.
Went to DCA to eat.
This was really a nice ending to the bad luck. A CM we ordered food from asked how our day was going. I sighed and gave her a run down. She asked what ride would you like to go on next. Told her Soaring. She gave us front line passes. What a sweetie!!! The wait at Soaring was over an hr and FP's were gone. Took us 5 minutes to get on. Our day changed from there to a positive one.

Moral of the story: You can't have a 100% bad time at DLR because the CM's will always make an effort to make it better.

blusilva
01-21-2002, 02:03 PM
It seemed pretty packed in Disneyland Park yesterday, but I think that's because so many attractions were closed and it was a holiday weekend.

We waited 20 minutes in the fast pass line for Space Mountain and 40 minutes in line for Matterhorn.

We were wondering: Why does the Matterhorn line now double back behind the mountain instead of going around the mountain on both sides? It seemed to create a giant bottleneck in that area near the old motorboats lake. Anyone know?

socabch
01-21-2002, 08:47 PM
re: Why does the Matterhorn line now double back behind the mountain instead of going around the mountain on both sides?

I wondered that also. It seems like it gets real congested in the walkway now. I like the old way of wraping around the mountain. Also I wonder why it doesn't have FP considering how popular it is.

Good point about closed attractions creating the crowded feeling.

redrhino
01-21-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by socabch

Moral of the story: You can't have a 100% bad time at DLR because the CM's will always make an effort to make it better.

I agree. Today my daughter lost her "Ariel" pin while leaving the Hyperion. As we were
leaving we heard someone behind us saying "hey an Ariel pin". Unable to retrieve it,
we approached a cast member to see if they had turned in the pin. He gave us a
piece of paper that allowed us get a new pin at no cost.

Particular pins are aparently quite difficult to find. The only place we found any Ariel
pins was at the Paradise Pier hotel giftshop.

redrhino

ps - about the crowds. At Disneyland on Saturday the crowds weren't too bad ... but
because a few more than a normal amount of rides were closed it made the waits a bit
longer than it would typically be. At DCA today it seemed like the lines for everything but
Soarin were only a little longer than normal. One of the two screens was having some
trouble so even the fastpass line was backing up to a 1/2 hour wait.