PDA

View Full Version : Who loved the fireworks show?

Pages : [1] 2

ksejr1
05-06-2005, 07:55 AM
I was there May 5th to see the new fireworks show, and it was great, I loved it!! How many of you enjoyed it? I know the crowd down main street was crazy, but besides that, I loved it :)

got2travel
05-06-2005, 07:59 AM
I saw a sneak peek on Monday and was absolutely floored. The new show is amzaing.

Hakuna Makarla
05-06-2005, 07:59 AM
fire works? I saw the castle as being totally awsome! I am new to this but tell me, do they do this to the castle all the time or is this the first time? I loved the stars, and the lighted pictures of each theme song. I was enthralled!!

Disneyfun
05-06-2005, 08:01 AM
LOved it so much, while still on main street I called my uncle who was vacationing in Hawaii, to rub in he took the wrong vacation!

Hoppypooh
05-06-2005, 08:06 AM
It looks amazing on video, and I can't wait to see it live in November! :D

BTW Does anyone know what piece of music was played in between the Potc segment and the BTMRR segement?

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-06-2005, 08:12 AM
If I remember right, the Rivers of America/Mark Twain joined those segments and the music was "Shenandoah". Nice chart, too.

-TLMt

tod
05-06-2005, 08:33 AM
I dunno, I heard that there was going to be a fake ending and a coda.

The Tinker Bell effects were nice, but they looked mechanical. The old swoop-down-the-cord bit looked better. It was a stunt, and it stopped when she was halfway down the cord and the follow spots clicked off and the shells started bursting. Now, it's a performance, and not a very good one. Maybe this will change after they settle in.

The crowd reaction to the Main Street Electrical Parade music -- specifically, the cheers for the synthesized voice saying "Disneyland's... Main Street... Electrical... Pa-rade!!" -- might start a few grey cells rubbing together in the big yellow building. We can hope.

I love Disneyland. It has been a part of my life since I strutted down Main Street in my Davy Crockett sweatshirt in 1955. There have been shows that choked me up: The beginning of the 25-hour party in 1980. The Main Street Hop. The ending of Believe! There's Magic In The Stars, which I had to watch two or three times each year before I would stop tearing up. After ten or twelve times I could sing along without my voice cracking. I still remember parts of the 25th-year song "Disneyland is your land."

This show -- didn't do it for me. All flash, no heart.

--t

CrazyTrain
05-06-2005, 10:08 AM
I thought it was awesome! Full of neat surprises! The crowd cheering was great!
I did think that Tink was going to "tap" on the castle at the end and she didn't.
Most fireworks shows (like the last one), to me, are you've seen it once, don't need to see it again. But I can't WAIT to see this again!

TikiGeek
05-06-2005, 11:05 AM
I like the "tip of the hat" to attractions of the past. Hearing Paul Frees voice say "Magnification" really was a neat touch. The transition to Indy and Star Tours was very well done.

Disneyfun
05-06-2005, 11:28 AM
I dunno, I heard that there was going to be a fake ending and a coda.

The Tinker Bell effects were nice, but they looked mechanical. The old swoop-down-the-cord bit looked better. It was a stunt, and it stopped when she was halfway down the cord and the follow spots clicked off and the shells started bursting. Now, it's a performance, and not a very good one. Maybe this will change after they settle in.

The crowd reaction to the Main Street Electrical Parade music -- specifically, the cheers for the synthesized voice saying "Disneyland's... Main Street... Electrical... Pa-rade!!" -- might start a few grey cells rubbing together in the big yellow building. We can hope.

I love Disneyland. It has been a part of my life since I strutted down Main Street in my Davy Crockett sweatshirt in 1955. There have been shows that choked me up: The beginning of the 25-hour party in 1980. The Main Street Hop. The ending of Believe! There's Magic In The Stars, which I had to watch two or three times each year before I would stop tearing up. After ten or twelve times I could sing along without my voice cracking. I still remember parts of the 25th-year song "Disneyland is your land."

This show -- didn't do it for me. All flash, no heart.

--t
Okay I agree that there was no song to leave sing with. But I stillloved all of the effects and the memorise of the rides and shows. The Haunted house was one of my favorite.
I lOved it. The only negative thing I had to say when it ended was ther is so much to see I did not know were to look. I will be definetly going back again and again to see it from different points!!!

princessofpower
05-06-2005, 11:29 AM
I got to see them at the Monday preview, and they were amazing!!!! I love the haunted mansion sequence the best!!!! I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it (because being surprised was the best part) so I will stop there...but, wow!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:
PS, make sure you in the hub area for the best view!!!

arpinl
05-06-2005, 11:38 AM
I got to see them at the Monday preview, and they were amazing!!!! I love the haunted mansion sequence the best!!!! I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it (because being surprised was the best part) so I will stop there...but, wow!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:
PS, make sure you in the hub area for the best view!!!

I know things are crazy crowded right now, but how early do you think you'll have to show up to get a good viewing spot in the hub once things quiet down? An hour? 2? 3? ...will this take up the bulk of my vacation time?

princessofpower
05-06-2005, 11:44 AM
I know things are crazy crowded right now, but how early do you think you'll have to show up to get a good viewing spot in the hub once things quiet down? An hour? 2? 3? ...will this take up the bulk of my vacation time?

We got there about fourty minutes before the show and got a great spot to the left of the castle. We got lucky, because the park had been scheduled to close at 8:00, but just as we were getting ready to leave, overheard some cast members talking about the preview that was for 8:20. I think alot of people didn't know and left before they announced it to the crowds.

Niwel
05-06-2005, 11:58 AM
I loved it. I loved everything about it and cannot wait to see it again! Very magical, very sweet (I did tear up when the characters had their "Wishes").

tinkluver
05-06-2005, 12:21 PM
So for all of you who have seen the fireworks.... Where is the BEST place to stand exactly to see it?

I Heart Disneyland!
05-06-2005, 12:32 PM
LOVED THEM!!!!!!!! We were sitting at a table and chairs, right in front of the castle and the fireworks were amazing!!!!! So happy to be going back again today, Sunday and maybe Monday!!!!

AB29
05-06-2005, 12:43 PM
So for all of you who have seen the fireworks.... Where is the BEST place to stand exactly to see it?

Most like to view them from the Hub area, but last week during the previews I stood up at the top of the stairs in front of the Main Street Train Station and the view and especially the music were great. they have big speakers up there and it was totally awesome to listen to the soundtrack from there.

sriggins
05-06-2005, 12:47 PM
I was there May 5th to see the new fireworks show, and it was great, I loved it!! How many of you enjoyed it? I know the crowd down main street was crazy, but besides that, I loved it :)

I really enjoyed it. My brother Matt recorded the whole thing on tape and I'll have available in Quicktime 7 Monday night. We were dead on to the castle so we missed the stuff behind us but it was still really awesome!

I might go tonight to check out a different vantage point.

Krysstn
05-06-2005, 01:09 PM
We were there yesterday (5-5-05), and at 5 we sat down to the right of the hub (on the sidewalk of the hub, facing the castle, looking across to Ariel's grotto). We were there for the parade at 7:45, and kept our seats for the fireworks at 9:25. I'm not sure if it was just due to more people being there than there have been in awhile, or if it was just the nature of the beast, but the hardest thing we dealt with was that when the parade ended, everyone followed it to the castle, and there ended up being wall to wall people. There wer many (some of whom probably had no idea what they were doing) pushing us around to find a space to sneak into. We weren't sure why certain areas weren't roped off, and we were wondering if they were having problems with crowd control. Several people around us almost got into fights because they had literally been standing there for 4 hours to get a decent view of the fireworks and parade, and people would shove right into a 6 inch by 6 inch space and stand on other peoples' stuff (jackets, bags, etc). We understood that it was crowded yesterday, and that everyone wanted to see, but we thought it would have been nice for some areas to be roped off for walkways to restroom areas and such.

On another note, when we got to that space at 5, it was one of the last remaining spaces on the outside of the hub sidewalk, and we had a marvelous view. The only thing we had a hard time seeing was the Matterhorn, where the little Mickey-climbing-to-the-top show was while we waited, and where they projected images during the fireworks. We had a great view of the parade, but were sort of in between floats at the show stops. It was a great place, but get there early, and protect your precious few inches of space! Hopefully, the wait will get a little less intense, at least during the weekdays!

CrazyTrain
05-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Standso you have a clear view to the left, it seemed like most were over that way. I was center in Main. St, directly across from the Carnation Gardens (??? I get those all confused!) sign. There was a tree a bit in the way... over to the right a little would be better. I was there about 45 minutes early.

sriggins
05-06-2005, 01:15 PM
We walked by at 4:30 and saw people sitting and said "oh hell" so we sat :) It was kind of like flying Southwest where everyone sits in the terminal and as soon as one prodder sits on the floor for section A there is a mad rush to get behind them :)

We kept about 2 1/2 people's space for two people, in front and in back for exactly the reasons you mentioned - late comers. But to our luck they had roped off the entire area in front of the castle so while we still had people crossing us to go left and right, nobody horned in on our space.

And Doug's dessert only got kicked a couple of times, until Christi stepped on it. ROFL.

Disney Vault
05-06-2005, 01:23 PM
I have only seen videos of it but it looks amazing. And I love the new tinkerbell flying system. The show is just perfect!

TikiGeek
05-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Hopefully, the wait will get a little less intense, at least during the weekdays! I hope so! I hate the "defend your space" thing. I'm 6' 4" and people will still try their best to push me out of the way. :(

sriggins
05-06-2005, 01:33 PM
I have only seen videos of it but it looks amazing. And I love the new tinkerbell flying system. The show is just perfect!

I was thinking "if that was me on that system I'd be scraping bottom" HAHA. I must weight 2.5 times of Tinkerbell.

Disneyfun
05-06-2005, 01:37 PM
50 times on Dumbo:)