PDA

View Full Version : Some DL merchandise questions from a newbie (Muppets pin set and retro merch)

doctorjpw
05-06-2005, 05:26 AM
Greetings!

This is my first post following about 6 months of "lurker" status; first, I'd like to commend the MousePlanet team on an incredibly useful website! Your 50th coverage has been just excellent!

My story: In May 2003, as part of a vacation in Los Angeles, I did one of those 8-hour daytime bus tours to Disneyland--not the right way to see the park, I know, but I really hustled and crammed in: Tiki Room, Mr. Toad, Indy, Small World, Haunted Mansion, DLRR, Great Moments, Matterhorn, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Mark Twain, and Jungle Cruise. of course, I only got to visit about 2 stores, and totally skipped Toontown and Critter Country, but hey, not bad for 8 hours.

Well, this Memorial Day weekend I'm doing it right. 5 nights in Anaheim, 5-day park hopper, and loads of time to soak in the magic. Thanks to this site and some others, I feel like a pretty well-prepared traveler...but there are some questions I have about merchandise sold in the park:

1. I have heard about and seen a marvelous Muppets pin set that includes a Kermit the Frog 50th anniversary pin and a "welcome to the family" pin with Disney characters and Muppets. I am NOT interested in pin-trading; I can see the appeal but I already pursue too many useless gew-gaws as it is. I just want this Muppets set. What are the odds that come Memorial Day weekend, it will still be available for me just to buy in the park? If you think my chances are slim I'll just grab a set on eBay or elsewhere. I have already spent $125 of my trip funds buying the 6-disc box set from Disney Direct--I was planning on picking it up in the park but I could see the frenzy building up and decided to play it safe.

2. I have seen some marvelous tin toy reproductions on MouseShoppe--anybody know where in the park these are sold...and for that matter, where will I find the best selection of these "retro" items like the 1955 souvenir booklet, the Monorail game, stuff like that? Even with 5 days in the parks, I won't have time (or desire) to visit EVERY store. Any shortcuts you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!
Jason

stan4d_steph
05-06-2005, 07:59 AM
In response to Question #2 - I know some of those items were being sold at the World of Disney store in DTD. Also, the castle shop in Fantasyland has been converted to a 50th merchandise shop. You might check there.