PDA

View Full Version : "These little Beauties..." question

Upanova
01-20-2002, 10:55 AM
Okay, well those of you who've seen the little video announcement at DCA's Soarin' when we come to that part about "stowing all of your carry-on items, oh....and of course....these little beauties." A question:

Don't you think that guy looks just like Al Lutz???

I wonder if this was a sorry inside joke of some sorts by the suits out back...Imagine, Al taking off his mouse ears...and putting them away???

Bad joke on Disney's part....but Al and Mouseplanet is still kicking! All power to you guys! You guys rock!!!! The voice of reason is still strong..

Off my soapbox now....

Upanova

Upanova
01-20-2002, 10:57 AM
In that section of the video after it cuts away from "Al," you can see this old geezer pilot guy sitting in the end of the row, complete with headgear, goggles and scarf on, looking like he just stepped out of a B-52 bomber!

Just noticed it this weekend...I've gotta watch some of these saftey spiel videos more carefully!

Upanova

Cadaverous Pallor
01-20-2002, 01:30 PM
Last time we went on Soarin' and watched the spiel I joked that they should show Chewbacca and an Ewok getting on....:D I'm going to look for the pilot guy next time.

Nigel2
01-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Hmmm, that would be funny. But... was Al and the rest of MP arround when the video was shot?

PirateoftheCaribbean
01-21-2002, 07:56 AM
What do you mean by seeing the Ewoks and Chewbacca on Soarin? Are they actually starting to recycle queue videos?:p

jslivinski
01-31-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Upanova
Don't you think that guy looks just like Al Lutz???I think I remember Al commenting on that in one of his updates. Actually, I think he was commenting on the guy in the commercial and I'm assuming they were one and the same.