PDA

View Full Version : Walt watches the weather for us all

Disney Show Member
05-05-2005, 11:07 PM
This morning i wuz working on Parade of Dreams for the first show and as we were bringing the floats out of the warehouse it wuz really gloomy and cold, then as we got them to PSA and got all the characters together and continued on to step-off, most of the clouds parted away from disneyland and even let sum sun through for the first parade. Atleast from backstage thats wut i saw. Also for the 2nd parade run back up mainstreet, about a hald hour before step-off it started to rain a little more than just a constant drizzle. All the cast members were sceptical of whether or not the parade wuz going to go or not. Then when the 15 minute announcement went on in the park, it stopped raining just in time for us all to get all the floats dried off and everyone in place to do the show. The run wuz clean and clear! Straight into the fireworks show too. Guess Art wuz right this morning when he said Walt just waved his hand and the blizzard stopped, did the show, and the blizzard came back. Xcept for the part where the blizzard came back cuz...no more rain. For now. Disneyland is truley "in a bubble" az some cast memebers have come to say. It could be raining cats and dogs across ball road, but sunshine at disney. Thanks Walt! ;)

05-06-2005, 08:00 AM
Picturing Mr. Disney twinkling up in the stars like the finale of "Three Caballeros"

sriggins
05-06-2005, 08:19 AM
I was so happy that Walt was on the job. We were in line for Remember for about 5 hours and what rocked was even while it was raining, we all knew (hoped, prayed) it was going to clear up. :)

Then the Fantasmic smoke drifted over the entire castle (at near ground level too), that was interesting.

But where was the lightning strike when Eisner was on stage? :P