PDA

View Full Version : Michael Eisner booed (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Disney Show Member
05-05-2005, 10:13 PM
If anyone wuz actually there for the ceremony the morning of the 5th as i wuz, you may have noticed sumthin hilarious go on when Mike Eisner wuz introduced. HE GOT BOO'ED more than he got cheered for. I wuz watchin in the video that wuz just released here and you cant hear it. But i have it on tape and i wuz standing over in front of tomorrowland watching the ceremony and i swear to u, he got boo'ed. I felt bad, but i couldnt help but laugh. Maybe i wuz just in the ani-eisner section of the park that day. I personally have no problem with mike and i dont know y some people do. Wut are your guyz's opinion?

Andrew
05-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Obviously, some people have been spending too much time on the Internet.

sediment
05-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Eisner is extremely rich and famous. Boo him until he goes away.

Disney Show Member
05-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Eisner is extremely rich and famous. Boo him until he goes away.

lol. he'll b gone soon, az well az hiz hair at this rate

sdfilmcritic
05-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Obviously, some people have been spending too much time on the Internet.Ya. What's up with that? Don't those people have something better to do other than surf the internet? :rolleyes: :p

Emma
05-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Good. If I was there, I'd be silently booing him too. (I don't boo out loud-- I think it's rude. ;) )

Alpha1mom
05-06-2005, 04:35 AM
Hi,
I saw the video clip and yea, Eisner was booed (sp?)
Why is he so disliked???

Great video clip BTW, I cried when all the characters came out!!!

sdfilmcritic
05-06-2005, 05:42 AM
Why is he so disliked???In a nutshell --- He cared more about the dollar signs than he did about the creativity and magic of what the company stood for.

bradk
05-06-2005, 05:50 AM
which is not really true. he felt he had to answer to the shareholders and was repeatedly appalled at how much money people would frequently needlessly spend since they felt it was the company's money and not their own (ovitz for example). he distinguished rather easily between the 'onstage' funds and 'backstage' funds and knew when it came to on stage, money could more fluidly be spent whereas backstage, the company could afford to be frugal.

one of the first things he did when he came into power was approve splash mountain for $80 million (?), which the board did not want to approve.

DLP is another unfortunate example of where he had no problem spending money. unfortunately he was just surrounded by yes men (although he doesn't enjoy being said no to either) who kept finding ways to expand the already bloated budget whenever he asked if there was more funding available.

I think a lot of people have problems with him because he ousted Roy Disney who people seem to have some special affinity for. Disney, by the way, who was passed on by Walt in favor of his own son-in-law, Ron Miller, who also wanted to bring in Eisner prior to Roy Disney kicking Miller out.

ChoEarfan1
05-06-2005, 06:05 AM
Hi,
I saw the video clip and yea, Eisner was booed (sp?)
Why is he so disliked???

I feel the reason he is so disliked is the simple fact that under his rule Disney had a huge upswing, followed by a long ugly slide downhill. I have never been to Disneyland but I have been to WDW since the week after it opened in '71. I can tell you that since Mr. Eisner has taken over almost all of the live entertainment is gone. The parks have done a tiny tail slide in the paint and cleanliness departments and a few other things. I can only hope that under Mr. Ieger (sp) things improve or at least get back to where they once were.

In closing if I were fortunate to be in Disneyland yesterday for the big 5-0 I would not have booed but the sounds of silence would have been deafining.

LibertyCall
05-06-2005, 06:08 AM
That was painful to read.

ChoEarfan1
05-06-2005, 06:12 AM

I know it hurts just to think about it really. Like I said the best part of the Parks is / was the live bands. WDW had a huge Brass Marching Band that roamed around EPCOT. Especially cool was at Christmas when they played Christams music in front of the dancing fountain. Outside of POC they had a steel drum band...how cool is that?

Have you read "Disney Wars" by James B. Stewart? If HALF of that book is true...wow.

Please don't think that I hate Mr. Eisner, I don't, I just think he overstayed his welcome. He did a lot of good early on then something happened, maybe it was the tragic death of Frank Wells, or his heart problems who knows.

millionairegirl
05-06-2005, 06:21 AM

I think she was talking about the bad spelling and grammar in the OP.

I had heard he was booed, and that upsets me. This was Disneyland's day, not a day to boo her get ugly, but a day to celebrate and cheer. I think the people who all booed are childish and immature. I was glad that I couldn't hear any booing on the video.

KTHoover
05-06-2005, 06:46 AM
I think it was horrible that he was boo'ed. I really don't think he is as bad as everyone makes him out to be, even if he is he didn't deserve that. Some people just weren't taught manners I guess. What is the old saying if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything.

ChoEarfan1
05-06-2005, 06:49 AM
I think it was horrible that he was boo'ed. I really don't think he is as bad as everyone makes him out to be, even if he is he didn't deserve that. Some people just weren't taught manners I guess. What is the old saying if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything.

I fully agree.........or better yet boo in your head.

D-lander 1956
05-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Well, I was there and yes he did get some boo's and a few hecklers. But I think it was more apparent when he was announced, that he didn't get much applause, some awkward silence and "ugh" under a lot of people's breath. But even so, it did not damper the exhuberant crowd, who were just happy to be there and well behaved overall.

Hakuna Makarla
05-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Do people have nothing better to do then boo some one , and in public? How rude and child like. If you are going to say something do it in a letter, nor ruin it for everyone. If you want to Boo do it in your head or on paper, some people!

ChoEarfan1
05-06-2005, 06:58 AM
If you want to Boo do it in your head...

That's where I do my best work!!!! Or so I think!

D-lander 1956
05-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Do people have nothing better to do then boo some one , and in public? How rude and child like. If you are going to say something do it in a letter, nor ruin it for everyone. If you want to Boo do it in your head or on paper, some people!
I agree Karla. I think that is why there was so much silence when he was announced, because a lot of people did keep it to themselves.

sediment
05-06-2005, 07:17 AM
I would have found it difficult to resist, even with my well-toned manners.

mzloolue
05-06-2005, 07:56 AM
So he was booed...

At least they didn't throw tomatoes :)

or rocks

Hakuna Makarla
05-06-2005, 07:57 AM
So he was booed...

At least they didn't throw tomatoes :)

or rocks

yes, and I would say to those that would throw tomatoe's if you are this ignorant in public, what are you like at home???

mzloolue
05-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Karla,

You know that I wouldn't throw anything.

Still Eisner is a big, strong, powerful, rich man, so a few unhappy patrons expressing their discontent.

Surely he knows that he really needs to make an effort to improve his image.

He's the Yoko Ono of Disney.

Disneyfun
05-06-2005, 08:25 AM
If anyone wuz actually there for the ceremony the morning of the 5th as i wuz, you may have noticed sumthin hilarious go on when Mike Eisner wuz introduced. HE GOT BOO'ED more than he got cheered for. I wuz watchin in the video that wuz just released here and you cant hear it. But i have it on tape and i wuz standing over in front of tomorrowland watching the ceremony and i swear to u, he got boo'ed. I felt bad, but i couldnt help but laugh. Maybe i wuz just in the ani-eisner section of the park that day. I personally have no problem with mike and i dont know y some people do. Wut are your guyz's opinion?
I was on the opposite side and yes he was booed ther too.

Hakuna Makarla
05-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Karla,

You know that I wouldn't throw anything.

Still Eisner is a big, strong, powerful, rich man, so a few unhappy patrons expressing their discontent.

Surely he knows that he really needs to make an effort to improve his image.

He's the Yoko Ono of Disney.

LOL! yes I know you would not throw tomatoe's I was making a general statement. I know people do not like him, but I believe he is doing what he belives is his best. I guess what I am saying is I do not judge the man, and would hate tosee people being so rude and ignorant.
You are a nice person, gosh ,you throw tomoatoes no way!!:)