PDA

View Full Version : Live broadcast from Disneyland on KRLA Radio

DisneyBubbles
05-05-2005, 03:12 PM
They are broadcasting live from DL right now on KRLA. They have one of their producers riding Smal World ride over and over again. So far he has been on there 38 times and still going!! :eek:

Opus1guy
05-05-2005, 03:17 PM
You can listen to it live via streaming audio from their web site:

http://www2.krla870.com/listen/

He's finished 39 trips in-a-row and is going for 50. :)

I'm listening and watching all the reports on my laptop from onboard a yacht at Ventura Marina where IDockUSA provides Wi-Fi coverage to the entire harbor! Ain't technology great?

Stacia Martin is on with him right now.

DisneyBubbles
05-05-2005, 03:30 PM
You can listen to it live via streaming audio from their web site:

http://www2.krla870.com/listen/

He's finished 39 trips in-a-row and is going for 50. :)

I'm listening and watching all the reports on my laptop from onboard a yacht at Ventura Marina where IDockUSA provides Wi-Fi coverage to the entire harbor! Ain't technology great?

Stacia Martin is on with him right now.

You're lucky you get to watch it on your laptop too. I am just stuck at work listening to it from the internet stream.

DisneyBubbles
05-05-2005, 03:32 PM
OMG!! I never knew that Jerry Orbach was the voice of Lumiere!!! They are just talking about it right now.

bradk
05-05-2005, 03:57 PM
according to steven davidson's presentation covering the fireworks and parade of dreams, the lumiere recording for the parade of the dreams was the last thing orbach ever worked on.

DisneyBubbles
05-05-2005, 04:12 PM
They just said that the guy going around in Small World started at 10am and has not stopped since. He has just been going around and around and his goal is 50 rides for the 50th.

Hawaiian Cinderella
05-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the link!!!

Opus1guy
05-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Imagineer (15 years) Chrissy Allen, the Show Producer for Buzz Lightyear AstroBlasters and the new Space Mountain is being interviewed right now.

She said that Michael Giacchino, the composer for The Incredibles, did the scoring for the new Space Mountain music. She also talked about the new internet deal where folks at home will soon be able to interact and effect the rider's blasting and scores on the Buzz attraction.

The radio host tried to con his way into an advance ride on Space Mountain. She shut him down on that one pretty darn quick. :)

Opus1guy
05-05-2005, 05:00 PM
They just interviewed a gentleman named Seth (sorry...don't recall his last name) who is in charge of all Disney theme park web sites. He's the guy that came up with the idea of the internet interactive link/feature with Buzz Astroblasters. He said they are looking for a June 6 launch.

Then they took a phone call from someone that used to work at MAPO, and who worked on the fabrication of the original Small World dolls! He humorously and jokingly stated it was company punishment to be assigned to work on Small World and gave his sympathy to the show's producer.

The producer was crawling though the Grand Finale scene on his 50th trip when the radio show had to end. The host said because he didn't finish completely in time, that he'd have to come back and do it all again tomorrow! :)

It was an entertaining couple of hours of live radio with lots of good Disney stuff, IMHO.

DisneyBubbles
05-06-2005, 02:29 PM
They said that the guy that did the 50 rides on Small World stayed home from work today :D