PDA

View Full Version : Add a day to a PH ticket & other questions

SirSydney
05-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Hi there -

(New member to the board, so bear with me).

I know everyone is focused/obssed with what's going on today, but I have a general ticketing question. We're going to be coming down for a week in October with 3 little ones (3, 4, & 7), and was wondering about how long of a park-hopper I should get. I see the advanced purchase price for all 5 of us would be $705 for a 4-day and $755 for a 5-day. My primary question is if I buy a 4-day PH, can I add a day to it later, and if so, how much would it be?

Right now, I see that DL.com has about the best online prices. (We're not parking so the AAA prices are identical to DL.com).

Is 4-days enough to leisurely see all of DLR (we've never been to DCA)? I guess $50 is chump-change as far as the 4/5-day difference is concerned.

Also, I've read ad-nauseum the threads on character dining, and just need to have someone confirm that the Princess Breakfast is enjoyable IF you get PS at the earliest time possible (30-minutes before opening on a non-EE day). How's Goofy's Kitchen for Dinner?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom y'all have for us!

Mark

bradk
05-05-2005, 01:20 PM
you can upgrade your hopper at the park, but you will have to pay the difference to what amounts to the full price of the ticket (which at a minimum would be 209/179, assuming prices don't go up). your logic is correct. if you think there's a possibility you might want to upgrade to a 5 day, pay the smaller difference now and just eat your loss if you don't use all 5 days.

4 days in october should be plenty, as long as it's not a holiday weekend and if you can avoid the weekends altogether, even better.

kos
05-05-2005, 03:17 PM
I am a lifelong DLgoer and returned a month ago from a 5 day trip with my husb. and kids (6,4,and 1). First, let me say that even when prices are equal AAA usually has something extra thrown in - i.e free parking, EE, pins, coupon books, etc.. Also, you don't mention whether you will be staying in a hotel but booking a package (whether inside or outside) the park is generally cheaper and includes more that booking hotel and tickets separately (of course there are sometimes exceptions.)
Regarding adding a day, you can do this and I believe it is somewhere around $10 -$30/person/day regardless of it is a child or an adult. Our original plan was to go into the parks early, swim/nap at the DL Hotel in the afternoon, and then return to the park. It didn't work out that way as everytime we tried to leave DL the kids would cry - we got there when it openned and left when it closed. We spent 1/2 of one day at DCA (not enough time but the kids prefered DL).
We also went to the princess breakfast on a Wed. (non-EE day). Main St. openned at 8:30 and our PS was for 8:40 - we finally were seated about 20 min after that and were able to meet Snow White, Jasmine & Aladdin, Cinderella, the Fairy Godmother w/Mice. Belle was there but we did not get a "personal" visit with her.
I hope this helps - we had such a great time, we're going back in October, too!

bradk
05-05-2005, 03:37 PM
EE comes with the hopper bonus, it's not an AAA exclusive. An AAA package (at one of the 3 resort hotels) will yield you free parking, enhanced/unlimited fastpass, passes to mickey's toontown madness and priority seating at the DCA shows. The latter two also come with a DTC booked package (and don't actually require staying at one of those 3 hotels in either case).

Buttercup
05-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Go to Mousesavers.com and sign up for their monthly newsletter, they always have offers on discounted tickets. I just checked the April issue and you would definitely save money purchasing them with the Mousesavers discount.