PDA

View Full Version : How Sad it is (DL's bday so why hype WDW?)

AB29
05-05-2005, 06:46 AM
I can't believe it, I just got home from work(Graveyard) and turned on the TV and all the network live feeds are coming from WDW. How sad is that?....It's OUR birthday and even our own network ABC is hyping WDW and saying it is their birthday. I can't believe that is happening. BTW.....the Castle looks AWESOME in it's dressed up splendor.

AB29
05-05-2005, 06:47 AM
I can't believe it, I just got home from work(Graveyard) and turned on the TV and all the network live feeds are coming from WDW. How sad is that?....It's OUR birthday and even our own network ABC is hyping WDW and saying it is their birthday. I can't believe that is happening. BTW.....the Castle looks AWESOME in it's dressed up splendor.

P.S. I turned them all off

sdfilmcritic
05-05-2005, 06:50 AM
Read through the updates on MP and find out how they lectured and talked for a big chunk about WDW and than through in a comment or two about DLR as an afterthought. :mad: I'm PO'd!

girl anachronism
05-05-2005, 06:55 AM
Man, that Good Morning America was pretty crappy, except for when they wen't inside Walt's apartment. It seemed as if the rest of the show belonged to WDW. :crying:

AB29
05-05-2005, 06:57 AM
Man, that Good Morning America was pretty crappy, except for when they wen't inside Walt's apartment. It seemed as if the rest of the show belonged to WDW. :crying:

My point exactly, and I just e mailed ABC news and let them have it too :(

girl anachronism
05-05-2005, 07:00 AM
My point exactly, and I just e mailed ABC news and let them have it too :(
GOOD! :D

AB29
05-05-2005, 07:18 AM
GOOD! :D

everybody should mail them..... www.abcnews.com

sediment
05-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Well, for GMA, it's 4AM Pacific time when it goes on air. DL won't even be open by the time it goes off the air.
Let's see how Regis and Airhead are doing...looks like the're going to cut to DL and WDW as well. Eventually, after the small talk is done.

mraw
05-05-2005, 08:18 AM
I can't believe it, I just got home from work (Graveyard) and turned on the TV and all the network live feeds are coming from WDW. How sad is that?....It's OUR birthday and even our own network ABC is hyping WDW and saying it is their birthday. I can't believe that is happening. BTW.....the Castle looks AWESOME in it's dressed up splendor.

I can understand your frustration, but we all know that orders to show more of WDW than DLR came directly from Disney. As much as it is Disneyland's birthday, the heads of Disney are only concerned about making money off of this event. As proven in the past, many more people make trips out to WDW than DLR, and they wanted to target them. If guests thought that the celebration was only going to take place in Disneyland, they might not bother to take a trip out, but now that they realize that WDW is celebrating it as well- more people will head out that way. We have always known that regardless of how magical Disney makes you feel- it's magic for sale. They want to make sure they make as much money as possible for this event.

Smaller things that they are doing are for DLR's satisfaction, though (i.e. I believe that WDW having Golden Mickey Ears that say "Walt Disney World" are to keep patrons of Disneyland happy. If they could get away with it, I am positive that they would sell those in WDW even though they read Disneyland). I wouldn't consider that a consolation, but...

And I know that WDW's 50th Anniversary is going to be ugly! (In a good way). I wouldn't be surprised if they announced the development of a new land or something of that caliber for WDW's 50th.

pokeypoke
05-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Aside from the fact that WDW is getting equal (or more) recognition for Disneyland's 50th Celebration, the media is suggesting that today is the actual 50th birthday. I have seen many news stations and local programsstate "50 years ago today, Disneyland opened its doors...". What's that all about? Disneyland opened on July 17th not May 5th. Today is the official kick off of the celebration! On July 17th do you think they are going to give Disneyland as much attention? If they do, will the Disney bird-brains also do the same for WDW?

Pokey :mad:

mandi2728
05-05-2005, 09:33 AM
since may 5 isnt our real birthday its just a cool date to tie in the 50th thst they plan to do somthing special on the 17 a sunday to truly celeabrate the 50th birthday

mandi2728
05-05-2005, 09:34 AM
just a thought

SallySkellington
05-05-2005, 01:08 PM
I am also PO'd that WDW is getting more attention than DL. :mad: