PDA

View Full Version : May 4th DCA Trip Report (Super Lame) (The Report, not the trip)

katya
05-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Dudes, it's 12:20AM on the 5th, and I've been up since 6:30 AM on the 4th and drove my butt from San Jose to Anaheim. This is a really weak report, but here it is.

http://katechrist.typepad.com/

Whadda you want from me, Shakespeare?

I'm going to bed now. See y'all tomorrow! I'll be wearing khaki capri pants, a white linen top, and if I can get them, Mouse ears that say "Katya".

Gramiangel420
05-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Loved the pictures and I scrolled down and caught the picture of Ethan. Cute! Do you have a Day #2?

katya
05-05-2005, 10:50 PM
I'll put some day 2 stuff up soon. I'd do it right now but I'm totally wiped out.

It was a long, long, long day. I'm really glad that I went, and the fireworks were amazing and made me cry, but it was a long, long day. Being trapped in front of the hub with all those skillions of people and not being allowed to leave until after the ceremony (which nobody could see) was extremely off-putting, as was Christina Aguilera's horrible, horrible singing. It took Julie Andrews (not that I could see her, but still! Julie Andrews!) to restore my spirits.

And then with the castle blocked off, the traffic (I was on the Tomorrowland side) was absolutely brutal, and it was like a Fourth of July day. It wasn't until about 2:00 when traffic finally thinned out and normalized. But by then I was totally exhausted.

I left at 10:30PM, and I don't really know how I made it that long.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm SO glad I went. Despite all of the aggravations, it was an exceptionally special day.