PDA

View Full Version : Non Disney Hotel

kohl
05-04-2005, 07:27 PM
We are hoping to go to Disneyland this summer. It looks like we won't be staying at any of the Disney Hotels (Unless we can get a good deal). I know many people recommend HoJo's, but I was wondering what other hotles are goodand do you walk to the hotel or do you drive. We don't need anything fancy, just a place to sleep. We appreciate your help. :D

disneymania
05-04-2005, 07:31 PM
We just stayed at the Anaheim Plaza. It's gotten some bad reviews, but it's clean, real real close (like a 5 min walk), huge room, balcony, and it's cheap. We had two queen beds for $211 for three nights (including tax). We've stayed at the Castle Inn, The Tropicana, and at Paradise Pier (my fav). But I think we'll stay at the Anaheim Plaza for our trip in Sept. The value just can't be beat.

PirateSmile
05-04-2005, 07:32 PM
If you're looking for a place to just sleep, Carousel is cheap, clean and across the street. Candy Cane is pretty, cheap, but a bit further a walk. They have a free shuttle running about every 15 minutes or so. I usually walk to Disneyland.

hlbtimes2
05-04-2005, 08:46 PM
We stayed at the Fairfield in Dec. 03. We liked it. We had a party of 7, so two rooms. We didnt have a car, so we just walked back and forth. It was less then 15 min, with 3 seniors and two small kids in tow.

SCUBAbe
05-04-2005, 09:01 PM
I've stayed at the carousel...hard lumpy pillows, but pretty quiet. (walked to park)

HOJO's was very nice..I would say it's on the same level as PPH (I have nver stayed at DLH) (walked to park)

park in anaheim was great the first time, but we were on the top floor..ourlast trip was horrible..LOUD people above us for both nights and rude front desk people. (walked to park)

travel lodge international. the bed and pillows were comfy and the room was big, but it was drab and depressing. (drove to park)

the nest hotel we want to stay in is the tropicanna or candy cane.

Pirate Princess
05-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Carousel!!! I love it. Simple but with everything I want to save a bit of money: microwave (to heat up leftovers or a little late night popcorn and movie), refrigerator (to store water since it is $2.50 at DL), a coffeemaker (because I like to bring my own brand of coffee.. yeah, I'm picky), and a continental breakfast so I can splurge on expensive dinners. The rooms are newly remodeled and excellent for a inexpensive hotel. It's very clean and the toilet is separate from the sink and mirror (a must!) Only a 5 min walk to the front gates!
The only complaint I have heard from people is that the pool is small. To be honest I don't go into pools on vacation, I can do that at home and I'm there for Disneyland anyway!!!