PDA

View Full Version : Home with a Trip Report

slanders
05-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Okay...DAY ONE. Left here at 3 am and by the time we got to our hotel it had been 9 hours of travel. We were so very tired and hungry so off we went to eat. Then back to the hotel to try and nap. NOPE...kids wanted nothing to do with that so we walked over to Downtown Disney and looked around. Kids didn't like walking but oh well. Then we had a reservation for dinner at the Rainforest cafe. Kids loved it. Food was okay. Walked back to hotel and fell into bed exhausted...and we were all asleep by 7pm, lol.

DAY TWO....off we went very early to get to Disney first thing. Had a plan in action. Managed to go on lots of rides before it got too busy. We managed to convince Payton to go on most of the rides but she didnt' really like all of them...lol. She didn't like the Matterhorn bobsleds but loved the carasoule. We got lots done before lunch and then headed over to find Pooh Bear. Just in time and we got in line for pics with Eeyore, Tigger and Pooh. Payton was thrilled. Off to Splash mountain....Payton didn't really care for it and neither did I, lol. WE also then realized that somehow we LOST Neil and Liam's park hopper tickets. OMGolly. Looked and looked. Reported it to lost and found. Ended up having to dish out another $200 for two more tickets. Oh well. WE made a decision to not dwell on it and argue about who lost them, lol. So, that was good. Stayed that night for the Electrical parade and we loved it. Kids thought it was great. Back to the hotel and crashed again. Have to admit that my ridemax plan got tossed out since the park wasn't really busy. We got lots of rides done that first day and didn't have to wait in line too much since we were there early and used the fast pass wisely.

DAY THREE....day off from Disney. Got up later and had a nice breakfast and decided it would be easier to rent a car for the day to get to Newport Beach and the Medival Times dinner. Got to the car place and dh decided to rent us a Red Mustang convertible so off we went to the beach with the top down. LOL. Kids LOVED the ocean and I got some great pics. Waves were high and while we weren't planning on swimming the kids immediately got wet and had a grand time. Drove back and kids went swimming in the hotel pool before heading to Medival times. LOVED it. Food was good...though I think they should have a kids meal/portion as sooo much food seems to go to waste. Liam loved the show and Payton even got a flower from our Knight. She was thrilled to pieces. Came back to hotel and crashed again. Are you seeing a pattern here.

DAY FOUR....off to Disney's California Adventure. Hit it right when it opened and Liam and dh went on the Huge californial screaming roller coaster. Liam LOVED it and they went on it 6 times that day. Did lots of other fun things and rides. My favourite was the Soarin over California. LOVE that ride. So neat and fun. Ds loved the roller coaster type rides. Another busy day. That night we did the Fantasmic show and it was great. Kids were sooooooooooo tired though. Crazy getting out of there that night and we ended up piggy backing the kids ALL the way back to the hotel. LONG day.

DAY FIVE...last day at Disney and we had early entry so we made good use of it. Got lots done and by 2 pm we were done. Luckily they had some new things planned. They decided to show everyone the New parade and fireworks show that night so we went back to the hotel for the afternoon and then went back to Disney for the parade and fireworks. The parade was great but the firworks were FABULOUS. Totally awesome show and I was SOOOO HAPPY that we and the kids got to see it since technically we were missing the 50th anniversery thing. It was a great display and the kids were in awe. Payton just kept saying, "wow...wow....wow".

DAY SIX.....slept in. Packed up. Headed over to downtown disney again to go to the ESPN ZONE for lunch and some games since I had a coupon and game cards. Prices were wildly high but we had fun. All of us were getting cranky and tired though. Caught the shuttle to the airport and made our flight. Got home at 2 am. Long, long day.

Have to say that I enjoyed most rides. Peter Pan was wonderful but not quite as good as I thought. So much talk about it but it wasn't quite what I hoped. Tiki room was neat. Star Tours was okay. My favorites are still the old standbyes like Pirates and Haunted Massion and Small world. Love the new Soarin over California ride though. All in all I just plain love the magic of Disneyland...espeically at night.

Thats my trip.

Sonja

PirateSmile
05-04-2005, 07:49 PM
I love trip-reports :). Wow, sorry about losing your tickets!