PDA

View Full Version : Golden Vehicle Venom

Pages : [1] 2

mraw
05-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Maybe it's just me- but I can forsee guests acting really crazy and possibly fighting over getting to ride in the golden vehicles. Especially on rides like Dumbo and the Carousel where they just open the gate and let you run free. I know that they have the photo op vehicles, but that won't satisfy some...

MrsG
05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
I see that happening too. I hope they have a plan of action in place.

disneygurl92
05-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Oh wow! It'll be sort of like opening day. The fighting, kicking, screaming, etc.

PirateSmile
05-04-2005, 07:37 PM
That should be a bitterly humorous thing to see.

disneygurl92
05-04-2005, 07:39 PM
lol. I've never seen a fight at dl before. this should be very interesting.

Disneyfun
05-04-2005, 08:12 PM
First person to see a fight MUST post!!!

SCUBAbe
05-04-2005, 08:19 PM
maybe the first person in line will get first dibs at the gold painted ride vehicle.:)

hlbtimes2
05-04-2005, 08:42 PM
I wonder if they will maybe have a special area for people to wait for the gold cars. After you wait in the regular line, you have a choice between getting on the available cars or waiting in a second line for the gold one.

SCUBAbe
05-04-2005, 08:45 PM
I wonder if they will maybe have a special area for people to wait for the gold cars. After you wait in the regular line, you have a choice between getting on the available cars or waiting in a second line for the gold one.

that would make sense. It's what they do for the front seats of screamin...:)

bradk
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
here's my opinion on the matter (and forgive me for my tone, i feel like i'm on my deathbed right now), if you get your butt kicked because your entire life depends on riding a golden vehicle at the precise moment in time, you probably deserve to. of course i expect a lot of parents to not understand that, and of course a lot of kids (but through no fault of their own - so please, stop beating up the kids, people - you know who you are).

KeithOfTerror
05-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Tomorrow I plan on punching my way through the little kids to get on that gold dumbo. Video will follow. It will be brutal. You have been warned. :D

I Heart Disneyland!
05-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Tomorrow I plan on punching my way through the little kids to get on that gold dumbo. Video will follow. It will be brutal. You have been warned. :D
HAHA! Love it!

A CM told us yesterday that on Dumbo, when they pass out the feather to ride it, that the person who gets handed the gold feather, gets to ride the gold Dumbo. Good luck to us ALL!!

mkcbunny
05-04-2005, 10:34 PM
I like the ide of a line for people who want to wait for that. It works for Screamin' front-row seats, and they'll often do it at Splash, too, if you ask nicely. If people want to do the same for golden vehicles, that's the best way -- although some of the queues might not allow for it.

Opus1guy
05-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Goldmember would be so proud.

;)

KarenW2
05-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Isn't that why all the horses on the carousel are WHITE (except for the one now gold!)? There was some sort of fairy tale or whatever, about a white horse being good luck or something and Walt or whoever decided to make them ALL white, so that way ALL riders have the chance to ride a white horse and don't have to fight to ride one??!!

Seems to defeat that purpose now, doesn't it??

millionairegirl
05-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Does the Dumbo queue still use the black feathers? Maybe they'll give one party a golden feather, so there's no confusion as to who gets the golden pachyderm.

kbanmen
05-05-2005, 12:08 PM
I had that very same thought on the 4th when they revealed the golden dumbo

I know my girls would want to ride the golden one, so of course everyone else will.. Hope there arent fights over this

AliciasMom
05-05-2005, 12:50 PM
I was a dork yesterday. I actually sprinted for the golden tea cup. Luckily for me everyone else in line was going for the closest ones. :D

mraw
05-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Does the Dumbo queue still use the black feathers? Maybe they'll give one party a golden feather, so there's no confusion as to who gets the golden pachyderm.

I don't think that will stop some people unless it's announced to everyone in line. Also, imagine being in the line holding the golden feather and everyone is looking at you like they want to knock your lights out.

For the attractions that have the golden vehicles, all of them should have been painted gold. I can imagine stars coming in now, jumping the line and riding every ride in the golden vehicles while commoners have to wait for a slight possibility of getting to ride in one of them.

JBarb
05-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Did I miss something? What are the golden vehicles?
Thanks

TempoNZ
05-05-2005, 01:54 PM
One each of the origional rides in Disneyland they have installed a "Gold" ride car. For example there is a Golden Teacup, Golden Dumbo and a Golden Horse etc etc

mraw
05-05-2005, 08:06 PM
One each of the origional rides in Disneyland they have installed a "Gold" ride car. For example there is a Golden Teacup, Golden Dumbo and a Golden Horse etc etc

How many golden vehicles are there in all?

Pilot Mickey
05-05-2005, 08:28 PM
What about the Jungle Cruse, i haven't heard of a golden boat yet?

mraw
05-05-2005, 08:43 PM
What about the Jungle Cruse, i haven't heard of a golden boat yet?

I saw the golden Jungle Cruise boat on laughingplace. It seems that they also painted the Casey Jr. Train gold, and one of the Storybookland boats.

Osky
05-05-2005, 09:03 PM
What about star tours? Did they paint one seat? :)