PDA

View Full Version : Televised Happenings

mandi2728
05-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know if any of the things from tomorrow morning are going to be televised on TV?

Would love to watch it!

pirateabbie
05-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know if any of the things from tomorrow morning are going to be televised on TV?

Would love to watch it!

The only thing my Tivo has found is the coverage tomorrow on Good Morning America. If I see anything else I'll let you know.

kbanmen
05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Yes good morning america will be at DL at 3:30 am.. I know this because CM's can participate.. so I am not sure when it will be on OUR TV out here in the west...

I wanted to go at 3:30 but it is my day off from DCA.. dont know if I can get up that early

I am sure alot of the TV stations will have coverage though.. as there are at least 1500 media from all over the world there, and some are at DCA

I will be watching tomarow morning as well..

PirateSmile
05-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Yes good morning america will be at DL at 3:30 am..

Yes! For once my troubled sleeping habits are paying off!

experiment626
05-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Access Hollywood will also have coverage. Check your local listings for time and channel.

SCUBAbe
05-04-2005, 08:56 PM
I enjoyed watching the little bit I saw on out local KTLA. I didn't even think to turn on ABC...LOL..I wish I had recorded some of it...maybe 50 years from now it will be sold on the latest media for the 100th celebration...:)

stan4d_steph
05-05-2005, 05:30 AM
GMA had some footage of Walt's apartment in the 8:00 half-hour. Robin Roberts is there, Diane and Charlie are in NY, Tony Perkins (weather guy) is in FL covering the events at WDW. They showed some of the Lights, Motors, Action! stunt show.

oregontraveler
05-05-2005, 06:29 AM
Dave Price, weather person for CBS morning show is at WDW today.

ima_mickeyfan
05-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Dave Price, weather person for CBS morning show is at WDW today.
Once again it's all about WDW. do you think DL will get this kind of attention when it's WDW's birthday? I think NOT! :mad:

GeminiAngel
05-05-2005, 07:45 AM
GMA had some footage of Walt's apartment in the 8:00 half-hour. Robin Roberts is there, Diane and Charlie are in NY, Tony Perkins (weather guy) is in FL covering the events at WDW. They showed some of the Lights, Motors, Action! stunt show.

Are Robin's reports live? The sky is pitch black.

Pilot Mickey
05-05-2005, 08:00 AM
Once again it's all about WDW. do you think DL will get this kind of attention when it's WDW's birthday? I think NOT! :mad:
i agree, WDW's 25th happened and DL didn't get anything for that, i don't believe i was just watching GMA and they went out to DLR for the big finally to talk about WDW and DL, they said that soarin' will be new in WDW and i think they showed WDW footage, they should have said that DCA had it before and at least showen that building.

Tyuasd
05-05-2005, 10:10 AM
The reason why WDW gets so much attention on the morning shows is because they are live on the East Coast, and taped for the West. So for WDW it is 7:00-9:00 and the sun is shining, wwhile at DL it is 4:00-6:00, and it is still relatively dark when they go off the air. They want to show Disney in the daylight, not in the dark.

mandi2728
05-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Are Robin's reports live? The sky is pitch black

at that time yes but it is only live for the east coast it was about 330 4 in the morning here on the west side

brerbear77
05-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Did they show the inside of the apartment? I had to go to work before I saw that segment. (I did call in and say I was running late so I could watch a little more!) ;)

Animalia
05-05-2005, 02:29 PM
On GMA, Diane Sawyer said the 5 gold crowns on the castle represented the 5 Disney parks around the world. I thought they represented the 5 decades that have passed since the parks opening. Am I mistaken? :confused:

DisneyDon
05-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Am I mistaken? :confused:

No they are mistaken. They do represent the five decades of Disneyland.

evrythngwmn
05-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Are Robin's reports live? The sky is pitch black

at that time yes but it is only live for the east coast it was about 330 4 in the morning here on the west side

Yep, they were live. I was there. We were the crowd for a "day" in the park at Disneyland. It started raining just as we went on air at 4am PST. Most people were pretty good about it though.

tod
05-06-2005, 08:03 AM

They actually took pictures in Walt's apartment? That's disgusting. The one private place in the whole park -- private by Walt's personal decree, only one picture was ever allowed, with the grandkids, for his pal Mel Grosvenor's National Geographic -- and they put it on television between plugs for Florida?

On GMA, Diane Sawyer said the 5 gold crowns on the castle represented the 5 Disney parks around the world. I thought they represented the 5 decades that have passed since the parks opening. Am I mistaken?

Ol' Diane was wrong, twice. They represent the five decades and oh by the way there are more then five theme parks. (I believe there is a reason there are 10 little red flags on the castle logo.)

Do not get me started on Diane Sawyer. She was the forerunner of biased right-wing reporting when Fox "News" was a fever dream of her boss Richard Nixon, who she followed to San Clemente like a lovesick groupie after he resigned the presidency when he got caught lying, and she engineered a personal attack on a colleague of mine who told me that she was ambushed and that the "profile" was full of falsities --- her reactions to Sawyer's questions were re-edited to follow different questions -- and I can still hear her voice saying "They just keep the cameras on you till you cry."

--t

Disney Vault
05-06-2005, 12:27 PM
They actually took pictures in Walt's apartment? That's disgusting. The one private place in the whole park -- private by Walt's personal decree, only one picture was ever allowed, with the grandkids, for his pal Mel Grosvenor's National Geographic -- and they put it on television between plugs for Florida?
--t
Don't you watch the travel channel? They went in Walt's apartment for the Disneyland special. And they showed more than GMA did. The travel channel even showed the deck area he had.

tod
05-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Don't you watch the travel channel? They went in Walt's apartment for the Disneyland special. And they showed more than GMA did. The travel channel even showed the deck area he had.

Didn't see that.

Thanks for giving a little perspective.

--t

Disney Vault
05-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Didn't see that.

Thanks for giving a little perspective.

--t
I'll make a post telling people when it will be on again. It is a very neat speacial.

Disney Vault
05-06-2005, 12:51 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=606952#post606952

Here it is. It will be on again on the 12th.

jennia
05-06-2005, 12:55 PM
I was rather suprised to note that the local ABC affiliate (KABC Los Angeles is what we get here) made absolutely no mention of Disneyland's birthday on the 11 PM news. I expected at least to see a shot of the park behind the weather report or some small mention of the festivities but no, nada, zip.

Opus1guy
05-06-2005, 03:14 PM
There have been many photos, broadcasts and videos of Walt's Main Street Apartment of the years. There have even been public tours given by Disney and contests where winners have dinner in there (catered by Club 33) and such.

At one time just a couple of years ago disneyland.com even had a QuickTime VR360 virtual tour of Walt's apartment on their web site. They don't anymore, but someone else is hosting the same QTVR and you can "visit" Walt's pad here:

http://www.disneylandian.com/exploredisneyland/mainstreetusa/walts_apartment.html

From the same now gone disneyland.com VR page, was the QTVR of Club 33:

http://www.disneylandian.com/exploredisneyland/neworleanssquare/club_33.html