PDA

View Full Version : My day at DL on May 4, 2005

kbanmen
05-04-2005, 05:13 PM
I had such an exciting day today. I being a CM was told we couldnt go into the park unless we were working. THen our managers said we could go but only for the parade at 9:30. My friend and I went into the park at 8 am. I had to go backstage to get some paperwork for my husband. While back there, they were getting ready for the parade. We were sooooo close to all the floats. It was sooooo amazing, I could actually touch them, I talked to a few performers and was sooooo mesmerized by it all. Even though I work there, the magic was still with me

We went back to where the CM;s were to be for the parade. I just loved the parade. But was a bit dissappointed because they didnt perform their routines in front of us, guess they were for the VIP;s but still AMAZING

After wards we started to head towards the main gate. but got pushed back by the crowds.. and ended up In fantasyland, I said we could go on rides you know.. and we did until about noon.. NO LINE UPS.. WOW... this is the best time I have had at DL in such a long time.

THere were soooo many media there, and VIP's, I was caught up in the moment as being a part of history.

This makes me sooooooo proud to be a CM at the happiest place on earth. DISNEYLAND

MrsG
05-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Glad the magic is back for you, Kelly!!

sdfilmcritic
05-04-2005, 05:15 PM
<------- Jealous of you and everyone else who got to participate in all the events during this week.

kbanmen
05-04-2005, 05:17 PM
YEs the magic is still with me, thought I had lsot it since I started working at DCA.. glad it isnt lost..

i was soooooo caught up in the moment today... I wantd to see celebs but didnt, but that was ok, DL is about tradition, Walts tradition and I am sooooo happy it is still there.

I am proud to work for DL like I said, and this just brought it back home to me

Emma
05-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Kelly, I'm so jealous!

Glad you had fun! :)

--Emma

kbanmen
05-04-2005, 05:22 PM
I did hear though, that EVERYONE would be cleared out of DL at 5 pm... EVERYONE

THere was speculation is the special guests would be able to stay. I am sure they cant

After 5 pm tonight, the celbrities would be brought back in (and some media) for their own special party. Boy I now wish I volunteered for that event. I am kicking myself now.. oh well too too late...

You should have seen and felt the excitiment in the air today,. It is sooooo hard to describe.. UNBELIEVABLE.. from the media to the CM's to me..

EXCITMENT.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DISNEY

AliciasMom
05-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Today was so much fun! The only ride we had to wait for was Autopia. Every other ride was walk-on. We had great seats for the parade. Everywhere my husband and I turned there was a camera filming or snapping.

Edited to add: I had my first Dole Whip today. OMG, it was fantastic! :) I told my husband we had to try one because I read so much about them here.

kbanmen
05-04-2005, 05:32 PM
It ws exciting wasnt it.. NO LINE UPS.. just AWESOME

I am going to remember this day for the rest of my life.. and to say I WORK AT DL RESORT

WOW

kbanmen
05-04-2005, 05:35 PM
You know I have worked at DCA for about 8 months now, and thought I was getting into this RUT.. day in day out...working and No satifaction, feeling it was like any other job.. until today...

Today put a new perspective for me... Like i said the lsot magic is back with me..and me working soooooo hard at night makes it worth the while to make the magic happen for guests

blueckles
05-04-2005, 06:48 PM
That sounds SO fun! I am so jealous of you (and everyone else that was able to go today).

Did you get to see any "notable" celebrities? :)

Hakuna Makarla
05-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey friend, I am so glad you got to go in and have a great time. YOU deserve it!! you work hard, get hardly any sleep and you needed a good day! heres looking at you kid a pic of you and I :)( notice my drunk look :)) thought this might make your week, it did mine ha ha ha one drink and I am off the wall falling down( NOT ) :D
woops I will send this to you in email instead ha ha ha ( do not want any one here to think I am a party girl :eek:

kbanmen
05-04-2005, 07:33 PM
That sounds SO fun! I am so jealous of you (and everyone else that was able to go today).

Did you get to see any "notable" celebrities? :)

I didnt see any celebs too too bad

kbanmen
05-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey friend, I am so glad you got to go in and have a great time. YOU deserve it!! you work hard, get hardly any sleep and you needed a good day! heres looking at you kid a pic of you and I :)( notice my drunk look :)) thought this might make your week, it did mine ha ha ha one drink and I am off the wall falling down( NOT ) :D
woops I will send this to you in email instead ha ha ha ( do not want any one here to think I am a party girl :eek:

Thanks karla.. i did have a great time.. it was sooooo exciting to be part of the magic and being a cm as well

I loved today

PirateSmile
05-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Aw, that sounds like a lot of fun :). Wish I were in your shoes!

disneygurl92
05-04-2005, 07:37 PM
i heard from a cm that they had trouble getting the tea party float to move somewhere along the parade route when they were practicing it. I guess they worked out the kinks.

kbanmen
05-04-2005, 07:52 PM
where we were standing the tea party float was working great

must have been down further

disneyfn
05-04-2005, 08:11 PM
My day started sad as I was knew I couldn't get into DL. I was waiting at DCA when Matt Ouimet came by.While he didn't let me into DL ( I hinted) he did let me take his picture.Just before DCA opened this couple came by and offered tickets to DL to the couple next to me in line. They turned them down! I spoke up and to my surprise was given at ticket to DL woo hoo! I jumped out line and headed for DL. Saw a wonderful parade,got Michael Eisner's autograph,talked to Tony Baxter and Bob Gurr. Only thing missing was a chance to see the Disneyland exhibit which opened late. Went to DCA and saw Block Party,wow! What a day!

bradk
05-04-2005, 09:10 PM
if it's any consolation, the disneyland exhibit was closed off to the public anyway (it was a media only event). very nice story though.

SoCalDisneyLover
05-04-2005, 09:37 PM
got Michael Eisner's autograph

HISSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :mad:

shawnarae
05-05-2005, 08:52 AM
I have been super curious, did everyone with "sneak peek" passes get in? Even those who did not have a annual pass and bought them off Ebay? I was wondering if anyone got turned away, or if it was not a big deal not having the annual pass for admission.

kadiehl
05-05-2005, 08:52 AM
You know I have worked at DCA for about 8 months now, and thought I was getting into this RUT.. day in day out...working and No satifaction, feeling it was like any other job.. until today...

Today put a new perspective for me... Like i said the lsot magic is back with me..and me working soooooo hard at night makes it worth the while to make the magic happen for guests

I am so glad that you found your happy place again. We all have moments like that in our jobs but I am so jealous that you have gotten to experience some of the 50th stuff already...But happy for you in the same token...thank you for helping to keep the magic real :) You do your part too...whether some days you may think that!

kbanmen
05-05-2005, 09:20 AM
I am so glad that you found your happy place again. We all have moments like that in our jobs but I am so jealous that you have gotten to experience some of the 50th stuff already...But happy for you in the same token...thank you for helping to keep the magic real :) You do your part too...whether some days you may think that!

thank you kadiehl for those kind words

Gramiangel420
05-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Thank you for sharing your magical day, kmatsumura, I wish I could have been there with you to fill up on Disney Magic. :D