PDA

View Full Version : Nestle Junior Chef program at Plaza Pavilion.

Disneyfun
05-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Okay I know this is new but maybe one of the CMs out there can answer this How much is this going to cost a little chef to do. It sounds like fun. And does this mean the birthday show is gone?

biolabetty
05-04-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm not a CM but I asked that question of someone directly involved with the project. I was told that it was free since it was sponsored by Nestle.

Opus1guy
05-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I just don't know about that attraction tag line though.

"Come On In And Pinch A Loaf!"

;)

AVP
05-04-2005, 10:53 PM
It's free.

20 kids per "show," ages 4-10 only, takes about 30 minutes. LOTS of photos Monday.

AVP

Disneyfun
05-05-2005, 05:38 AM
Thanks My daughter will love this!

Gramiangel420
05-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Sounds like something that DGD#1 and DGS would love. He is quite the little chef already. :)

Deogge's Mom
05-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Because of the light crowds on Wednesday, I got to be a Jr Chef. It is a lot of fun and the kids really seemed to have a great time.

Disneyfreak
05-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Enclosure

I don’t agree with this:

1. Only kids can enjoy this, not the whole family.
2. Only a limited amount of people can see this every 30 min.
3. A whole restaurant sized area is wasted for a little nestle cookie making area.
4. They should make it a restaurant like it was intended along with Tahitian Terrace.

AlbertaMinnie
05-08-2005, 05:55 AM
Enclosure

I don’t agree with this:

1. Only kids can enjoy this, not the whole family.
2. Only a limited amount of people can see this every 30 min.
3. A whole restaurant sized area is wasted for a little nestle cookie making area.
4. They should make it a restaurant like it was intended along with Tahitian Terrace.

I don't fully agree with you....nor do I disagree with you:

1. While I am biased and do have small children, if my kids are enjoying themselves, then that allows the whole family to enjoy themselves!

2. I agree with you there......it would be nice if more children or families could get in on the "action" at one time.

3. Ah, but if Nestle is paying for the space.......... ;)

4. There are an adequate number of resturants already aren't there? :confused:

But I have a #5. Who is going to buy that cookie dough, or who really wants to buy a cookie from there after the 4-10 year olds have had their fingers in it????? I'm sure you know where I'm going from here.......don't they tend to lick their fingers, pick their noses, sneeze, cough etc etc?????

EandCDad
05-08-2005, 06:09 AM
But I have a #5. Who is going to buy that cookie dough, or who really wants to buy a cookie from there after the 4-10 year olds have had their fingers in it????? I'm sure you know where I'm going from here.......don't they tend to lick their fingers, pick their noses, sneeze, cough etc etc?????

They don't eat the cookies that the kids actually made. They have the kids make the dough and put it on a tray and then they cook the cookies by "magic" and bring out a cooked tray almost immediately. The dough the kids work on gets tossed, along with all their nose pickings and sneezes, and they eat cookies made by the DL chefs.

Disneyfun
05-08-2005, 08:51 PM
They don't eat the cookies that the kids actually made. They have the kids make the dough and put it on a tray and then they cook the cookies by "magic" and bring out a cooked tray almost immediately. The dough the kids work on gets tossed, along with all their nose pickings and sneezes, and they eat cookies made by the DL chefs.
NOw I get it! I was wondering about the magic ovens!!!!

Okay I have another question? I believe some where it is mentioned about a tin. Is this just a great thing for kids or are they trying to sell you something?

Oh and to rely above as for taking up a whole resurant. Does any one kow whne this was last used as a restuarnt. It has been a pin trading area and pass holder picture place for a awhile now, I think it is kind of a good use of the area personally. I can not wait to take my daughter,

Andrew
05-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Oh and to rely above as for taking up a whole resurant. Does any one kow whne this was last used as a restuarnt.
It was last used as a restaurant in around '97. It closed, apparently for good, after Redd Rocket's Pizza Port opened and (rumor has it) that location's management complained that Plaza Pavilion was taking too much of R2P2's business. The alternate explanation, that PP was closed to spite those who agitated for the HCA ramp, has never been proven.