PDA

View Full Version : If Disney were to spend a $100 Million...

LifelongAngelsFan
01-19-2002, 03:14 PM
...if Eisner and friends could drum up an extra $100 million to spend on DLR above and beyond what they already have in the budget, how would you recommend Disney spend it?

Would you add another E-Ticket attraction to DL or DCA?

Would you perform desparetly needed renovations and deffered maintentenace at DL, such as filling pot holes in Main Street, complete refurb of Tom Sawyers Island, repair peeled paint on lamp posts in ToonTown, etc. ?

I'd go for the later. DL is really showing its age and lack of TLC from Disney.

Gauchograd99
01-19-2002, 05:04 PM
I would do the repair work plain and simple. If you decided to put in a new attraction, you would still have to find another huge chunk of money to repair what is already there before it ends up being a "take and toss" situation (tear out and replance with something else). Better to get the park up to speed than add something else that will soon become neglected.

LIMANDL4EVA
01-19-2002, 05:23 PM
I think they should built a 50 million dollar attraction, you could do someting great with that (indy was 100 million ) so maybe a lower scale dark ride, and then with the extra 50 mil patch up the MAJOR problems in the park, painting toontown, paths, ie. matinence in general

AliKzam
01-19-2002, 06:13 PM
I agree with the renovations. I would take probably take about half of it and focus on the park itself. I'm no accountant, but I imagine fifty million dollars would do a great deal of good. The other fifty million would go back into extended training of cast members (didn't it used to be a two-week period?). Perhaps an image consultant (because everyone should look their best), and maybe a manners manager (to help cast members deal with rude guests their best). Both of those could be added to whatever they used to do and do now. Though, I must admit, I'm not exactly sure what is done, now. Any money left over, and I'm sure there could be quite a bit, could hopefully be used to increase castmember's wages. The goal would be over the minimum $6.75 to maybe $7.50 or $8.00. And then the next time they'd dish out one hundred million dollars, maybe they could fix up DCA with eighty million of it, and raise Cm's wage again. Maybe it would help slow the high turnover rate.

HBTiggerFan
01-19-2002, 07:23 PM
I think as much as the 100mil should be used for repairs, maintence, rehabs, etc and to repair, redo Costumes. The rest should be used to put $$ in an account for maintence, a Costmume acct. And kept far away from Eisner/Pressler/any suit.

Ace
01-19-2002, 09:08 PM
I would personally go around the park pointin gout things to fix. any money left over would be used to bring back the Peoplemover. any money after that would change the sound system on SM.

Nigel2
01-19-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
I would personally go around the park pointin gout things to fix.

The sad thing is that with anything when you try to fix small problems it all leads to larger and larger problems. Most people that have renovated can vouch for that. :D

9oldmen
01-19-2002, 11:31 PM
I would spend it on one major E-ticket attraction, designed with the advice and consent of veteran Imagineers. This would probably cause a surge in attendance, creating further revenue to finance the additional maintanence needed.

DisneylandKid
01-20-2002, 09:43 AM
Even though an "E-ticket" would be more fun, I think that they should use $100million to renovate the park. Brighten up Toontown... give Small World's facade a facelift... repaint TL... repaint... repaint... redo Tiki Room, Tom Sawyer's Island, and Grand Cyn scene... add some small details to DCA, etc.