PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report and CM James

Hi-Ho
05-04-2005, 11:02 AM
I just wrote a looong thread and then lost it somehow. Hope it didn't post and now I am writing a duplicate. :)

My husband and I had a fantastic trip to DL - 7 days at Candy Cane Inn 4/19-4/26. I completely soaked up the Disney atmosphere in the hopes that it will tide me over for a while. Wait times for rides were really minimal, and we had the great opportunity to see the test fireworks display. Fabulous!!!

We hit all our favorite rides multiple times...went on Buzz Lightyear for the 1st time. I like that you can email the pics home to yourself! We saw the Electrical Parade, Fantasmic, Aladdin, etc. We took the opportunity to sit for a bit each day and just people watch, listen to the music and enjoy the surroundings. It was something we don't normally do....not only did it save our legs from giving out, it was just nice to not have to rush around from ride to ride in order to get everything in.

I do want to share a story about CM "James" at DCA. On the evening of 4/22, we were sitting and waiting for the Electrical Parade to begin. Since we were on vacation and eating all the things we shouldn't, I decided I wanted a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich. We walked around a bit trying to find one when we came across a group of CM's talking. I approached them with my "very important need of finding the ice cream sandwich". :fez: Turns out that CM James was working with a group of trainees. He immediately dropped what he was doing, made a phone call and asked us and the trainees to follow him so he could lead us to the cart that was selling them. Eventually he realized that all those carts were put away for the evening and he said he was going to call someone to bring it out to me at our parade spot - which I said wasn't necessary. He insisted, and it turns out it took a while and another phone call from James to get someone to locate and bring one out. Because of the wait time, he had them bring two and give them to us gratis.

Now I am not sharing this story because I think that 2 free ice cream sandwiches is a noteworthy story. Rather, I want all CM's (and hopefully James if anyone knows him) to know that customer service like that is SO greatly appreciated. I certainly didn't ask or expect him to do that, but he exceeded any expectations that I had. That's one of those little experiences at DL that make it such a special place. Not to mention that we thoroughly enjoyed talking with James while we waited (he has been a CM for 12 years). To make guests feel like they are important - even if it's for a small ice cream treat - makes such a difference! There are some CM's that seem to really get the whole "Disney Guest Experience" and some who could care less (and that drives me nuts...like the CM's at TOT who don't stay in character and talk to people they know...but that is another story). THANK YOU JAMES! You seem like a great guy and your Seattle friends appreciate you.

Anyway, I did everything I wanted to do while on our trip (aside from Space Mountain, of course). I will continue to look forward to our next annual trek to DL with incredible memories from this one!!

stan4d_steph
05-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks for sharing your story Hi-Ho. Hooray for James. I know how serious an ice cream craving can be. ;)

Hakuna Makarla
05-04-2005, 11:16 AM
vey cool, glad you had a wonderful time and saw what you wanted to see and do! Good for you CM James!!

Hawaiian Cinderella
05-04-2005, 11:18 AM
What an awesome story....that's what makes DL exceptional. Thanks for sharing!!

Hi-Ho
05-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks for sharing your story Hi-Ho. Hooray for James. I know how serious an ice cream craving can be. ;)

You know it! Maybe James saw "that look" in my eyes and figured he better get me some ice cream fast! :)

Andrew
05-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Great trip report! Please consider submitting it to MousePlanet's Trip Report Archive (http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/trip.rpt/), so it can be featured on our front page.

Hi-Ho
05-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Great trip report! Please consider submitting it to MousePlanet's Trip Report Archive (http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/trip.rpt/), so it can be featured on our front page.

How exactly do I do that Andrew?

Andrew
05-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Just visit the Trip Report Archive (http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/trip.rpt/) page and read the instructions there.

ToursbabeC3po
05-04-2005, 01:07 PM
It is so nice to here a positive report from the park. I was there on Saturday with my son who has aspergers (a form of autism) and he had to go on buzz lightyear about 50 times. Not my ideal of a memorable trip but at least he had fun!
Toursbabec3po