PDA

View Full Version : 80% Chance of Rain Tomorrow [May 5]

Pages : [1] 2

nursemelis374
05-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Yikes, I just saw that there is an 80% chance of rain tomorrow! I really hope it doesn't rain tomorrow! I am not able to go, but I really want it to be agreat day for everybody!

Rain Rain Go Away! Come again next year!

Disneyfun
05-04-2005, 07:57 AM
Yikes, I just saw that there is an 80% chance of rain tomorrow! I really hope it doesn't rain tomorrow! I am not able to go, but I really want it to be agreat day for everybody!

Rain Rain Go Away! Come again next year!
Yup Rain is to start tonight and go on till friday!
Then back on Sunday.
All the days I was going to try to get to the fireworks. :eek: :crying: :crying: :crying:

jennyren
05-04-2005, 08:10 AM
Weather.com says it is gonna clear up tomorrow night and then the rain will start again on friday...what time will the call off the fireworks if they are going to?? *prays to the tiki rain gods that the rain just passed over us*

sediment
05-04-2005, 08:33 AM
"80%" means highly likely at some point in the day.

Disneyfun
05-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Weather.com says it is gonna clear up tomorrow night and then the rain will start again on friday...what time will the call off the fireworks if they are going to?? *prays to the tiki rain gods that the rain just passed over us*
I have been at DL when up to fifteen minute before they will announce it may not happen and then 5 minutes before they finally decide. This was due to winds.
I was there week before last sunday and There was one 10 minute down pour first thing in the morning. It later had cleared up to be a beautiful sunny day! BUt becuase they had already called cast members many places closed early. Like carnation Cafe. :(
So WHne it come to rain you just never know!

nursemelis374
05-04-2005, 08:54 AM
It better not rain on Sunday too, that was when I was planning on seeing the fireworks. I love fireworks so much and have been having withdrawls since New Year's Eve!

sunfun94
05-04-2005, 09:11 AM
aww, this weather is KILLEN me!!! C'mon tiki weather gods...work with me here!! :D

AlohaJulie
05-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Weather.com is now predicting rain only for tomorrow morning...still 80% of light rain for Anaheim now. Clear the rest of the weekend!

Wendi
05-04-2005, 11:00 AM
I don't mind a bit of rain, but I want to see ALL of the shows!!!

jennyren
05-04-2005, 11:01 AM
I don't mind a bit of rain, but I want to see ALL of the shows!!!

My feelings exactly!

SoCalDisneyLover
05-04-2005, 11:13 AM
I remember reading on these boards previously, that in order for the fireworks show to take place, there has to be a somewhat extended period of time during the afternoon/early evening, when there is no rain. That is because they need to uncover the launch platforms, and get them prepared for the show. If it rains, then stops, then rains, then stops....it won't allow a long enough time frame for them to take the necessary steps to prepare for a show.

I recall this specifically, since there was an instance where it rained all day, but then cleared up early evening, but they still had to cancel the show, even though it was clear at 9:30. My gut reaction is don't get your hopes up too much for a show on Thursday, and pray for clear skies on Friday.

The report I heard this morning calls for showers tonight, a break during the day tomorrow, and then severe Thunderstorms starting Thursday night into Friday. Not looking too great for the next 1-2 days at least. But perhaps the VIP's will get their show in tonight.

Hakuna Makarla
05-04-2005, 11:17 AM
( wish it would rain here, we are dry and cold ! I hope the weather stays fine foryou all out there so you can see fireworks ! :)

mkyears
05-04-2005, 11:39 AM
I remember reading on these boards previously, that in order for the fireworks show to take place, there has to be a somewhat extended period of time during the afternoon/early evening, when there is no rain. That is because they need to uncover the launch platforms, and get them prepared for the show. If it rains, then stops, then rains, then stops....it won't allow a long enough time frame for them to take the necessary steps to prepare for a show.

I recall this specifically, since there was an instance where it rained all day, but then cleared up early evening, but they still had to cancel the show, even though it was clear at 9:30. My gut reaction is don't get your hopes up too much for a show on Thursday, and pray for clear skies on Friday.

The report I heard this morning calls for showers tonight, a break during the day tomorrow, and then severe Thunderstorms starting Thursday night into Friday. Not looking too great for the next 1-2 days at least. But perhaps the VIP's will get their show in tonight.

The way I look at it is this. Tommorow is a huge huge Marketing Day for Disneyland and if there is anyway they can make sure those floats and fireworks go they will. Any other day maybe not but it seems like the last thing Disney want's to have happen on May 5th is to have both there main marketing tools make a noshow.

ksejr1
05-04-2005, 12:00 PM
I love going to disneyland in the rain ! :D that way there are less of a crowd. I cant wait to go on thundermountain in the rain :D

HTHgal12
05-04-2005, 01:12 PM
I love going to disneyland in the rain ! :D that way there are less of a crowd. I cant wait to go on thundermountain in the rain :D

While that is usually true, tomorrow might be an exception :(

bljfour
05-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Just checked weather.com again and they lowered the 80% chance of rain tomorrow to 50%. Hopefully it will keep going down.

Wendi
05-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Just checked weather.com again and they lowered the 80% chance of rain tomorrow to 50%. Hopefully it will keep going down.

woo hoo!!!

sediment
05-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Check the "hour-by-hour" forecast on weather.com. How accurate is this? Who knows.
It shows:
1. "Few showers" from 7AM to 10AM;
2. "Showers" from 10AM to 1PM; and then
3. "Few showers" again from 1PM until 7PM.
4. "Partly Cloudy" after that.

Bring a light, waterproof jacket. And baseball caps for you glasses-wearers.

ToursbabeC3po
05-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Well at least it won't be as crowded!!!! Sometimes you have to give up somethings to enjoy other things. It looks like it is going to rain pretty hard tomorrow.
Toursbabe

Disneyfun
05-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Check the "hour-by-hour" forecast on weather.com. How accurate is this? Who knows.
It shows:
1. "Few showers" from 7AM to 10AM;
2. "Showers" from 10AM to 1PM; and then
3. "Few showers" again from 1PM until 7PM.
4. "Partly Cloudy" after that.

Bring a light, waterproof jacket. And baseball caps for you glasses-wearers.
And if there is any chance of rain do not go on autopia. I wnet two weeks ago it was slightly misting Go in a car and it started to rain. Guess what you have no place to go! Were were soaked to the bone by the time we got off! Had to come home and change!

mkyears
05-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Tonight: Mostly cloudy skies with a few showers after midnight. Low 58F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Tomorrow: Overcast with rain showers at times. High 67F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Tomorrow night: A few clouds. Low around 55F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

That doesn't sound that bad. Hopefully

SoCalDisneyLover
05-04-2005, 04:53 PM
The way I look at it is this. Tommorow is a huge huge Marketing Day for Disneyland and if there is anyway they can make sure those floats and fireworks go they will. Any other day maybe not but it seems like the last thing Disney want's to have happen on May 5th is to have both there main marketing tools make a noshow.

Isn't Today the huge marketing day, when all the press & VIP's will be there? There will certainly be a lot of coverage on Thursday, but I thought today and tonight were the big events which are going to get a lot of publicity.

KeithOfTerror
05-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Man, bring that rain. Disneyland in the rain is awesome...

sediment
05-04-2005, 05:25 PM
I'll notify you when/if it starts to rain here in Ventura County.

Wesley815
05-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Man, bring that rain. Disneyland in the rain is awesome...Unless you actually want to see the fireworks or parade which are two pretty big things Disney is getting for the 50th, and the reason why most guests are going tomorrow. Buzz has been open and Space will open in a couple months, rain won't change that.