PDA

View Full Version : How Many DL Regulars Are WDW Virgins?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Wendi
05-04-2005, 12:36 AM
I've never been to Disneyworld, but I've gotta say, with the latest offer in my email today I am extremely tempted!!! I was planning to go in about 5 years, but I'm not sure if I can wait that long now...

Just wondering how many of the Disneyland "regulars" have never been to Disney World... raise your hand if you fit the description.

sdfilmcritic
05-04-2005, 12:37 AM
{hand raised} Haven't gone to WDW, but I will go someday.

Pilot Mickey
05-04-2005, 12:42 AM
*looks at "clue man" and rases hand* me too, some day *sniff and wipes a tear* maybe someday *looks out the window at a star* :)

disney jones
05-04-2005, 01:35 AM
i don't think i'll ever go to WDW and i don't have any desire either.

pretty Omi
05-04-2005, 04:26 AM
i'm a wdw virgin too... although i doubt its anything like being a rhps virgin.. thank god i'm not one of those :p

DL addict
05-04-2005, 05:17 AM
You can count me in too. I grew up going to DL, but have never made it to WDW. I plan on going someday, but not anytime soon.

05-04-2005, 05:47 AM
I dunno, Wendi. Once you have the best, why look any farther?

sdfilmcritic
05-04-2005, 06:00 AM
I dunno, Wendi. Once you have the best, why look any farther?That's right. Who needs anything else after going to the original House of Mouse. :D

Rhiannon8404
05-04-2005, 06:11 AM
I've never been either. We've been talking about it, but so far haven't done it. Airfare is the problem. Disneyland is just so close. Last time we started looking at airfare to Florida from SFO, we discovered it was cheaper to fly to London, so we spent a week there instead.

tod
05-04-2005, 06:27 AM
i don't think i'll ever go to WDW and i don't have any desire either.

I have been going to Disneyland since it opened. I know the place backwards and forwards. I don't see the point to taking a 3000-mile trip to go to another Disney park, especially one modeled on the Disneyland I know so well.

--t

MsYumiBr
05-04-2005, 06:40 AM
I have been going to Disneyland since it opened. I know the place backwards and forwards. I don't see the point to taking a 3000-mile trip to go to another Disney park, especially one modeled on the Disneyland I know so well.

--t

Huh? I've been going to DL my whole life and actually went to WDW when I was 19. The whole mindset of trying to find Disneyland in Disneyworld is a big mistake. Disneyworld is a different park. It's Disney enhanced and should be considered as such. I loved Epcot with the different regions of the world represented and loved Figment and the hydroponics. It was Disney expanded and I cannot wait to go again some day. I thought the campground looked just like Goofy going camping with tv antennas sticking out of behind trees everywhere. It was so cool. Is it worth travelling 3000 miles? Only if I fly.

sdfilmcritic
05-04-2005, 06:42 AM
Can't WDW be described as DLR on steriods? Isn't that illegal drug intake? :eek:

Leash81
05-04-2005, 06:47 AM
I have never been to WDW but my boyfriend and I have been talking about getting married and honeymoon abd stuff and we decided to go to WDW for the honeymoon.

DopeyWife
05-04-2005, 07:02 AM
I've been once when I was younger, but my husband has never gone. We are thinking about planning a trip so that we can take our daughter.

SCUBAbe
05-04-2005, 07:06 AM
I am...and I would love to see epcot, but not that interested in WDW or the other parks..:)

Terri
05-04-2005, 07:31 AM
Nope! Never been...maybe someday I'll go out of curiosity, but then again...even if I ever do go, I'm not sure I'll go to the magic kingdom since it sounds like a DL wannabe. :p

jennia
05-04-2005, 07:41 AM
I've never been to WDW but DH has been. DS is currently doing a state report on Florida (because of WDW) and would love to hop a plane and visit!

hlbtimes2
05-04-2005, 07:50 AM
We havent been there. The hubby wanted to go this year, but I insisted we spend the 50th at the original. So, now we are talking about doing a Cruise and land package in 2-3 years. Its going to be expensive, so we'll have to save for a while. I also dont want to go until my kids are old enough for long days, as there is a lot of gorund to cover there. It takes us 4-5 days to do DL and CA, and get our fill- I can just imagine how long it would take us at WDW.

THpoohbear
05-04-2005, 07:52 AM
I sort of fit the description... I went to Epcot once for half a day when I was in 7th grade. I had just finished space camp and my grandparents took me after the graduation ceremony. I didn't get to stay for the night time show... I'm not sure if it was illuminations or not back then. I was dissappointed. But - I'm trying to plan a trip for December 2006! Does anyone know if the "18 month celebration" is ending for sure in Novemeber? I was wondering if they'd leave the castle decorations up through the holidays.

I CAN'T WAIT to visit WDW, but DL will always hold the supreme place in my heart. It's what I grew up with and where I have countless special memories. :D

wenderella
05-04-2005, 07:52 AM
I too am a WDW virgin...However, my entire family (16 - 17 of us) are planning a trip there next spring. My dad has so kindly volunteered to purchase airfare for all of us. The problem is...I don't know where to begin. Disneyland is a breeze, but WDW seems like a whole new project for me. WENDI

Disneyfun
05-04-2005, 07:55 AM
i'm a wdw virgin too... although i doubt its anything like being a rhps virgin.. thank god i'm not one of those :p

What is rhps?

ANd yes I have never been to WDW. :(
SOme day I will and Iwant to do a disney crusie too!!!

mraw
05-04-2005, 08:02 AM

--t

There is a big difference between Disneyland and Walt Disney WORLD. There are four theme parks there, three of which no one who's only been to Disneyland would know about, two water parks, golf courses, mini golf courses, a HUGE Downtown Disney (inlcuding Pleasure Island), and much more. One park (named the Magic Kingdom- not Disneyworld), Is fashioned after Disneyland. You still have the entire Epcot park with Future World, Test Track, Mission:Space, The Land, and World Showcase with many different countries (my favorite park because of how different it is). Then you have the Studios (which I DON'T like and wouldn't pay to enter), but they do have the Tower of Terror with the elevators that move into the 5th dimension and is one of the coolest tricks I've ever seen, and the Rock N' Roller Coaster. Then there's Disney's Animal Kingdom with the Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids, The Tree of Life, Dinosaur, and soon to premiere will be Expedition: Everest. I know that it will be the biggest draw to WDW since the Tower of Terror.

I just want to clarify that I am not putting down Disneyland at all, I just want you to know (the ones who said that they have no interest in going) that it shouldn't be brushed off, and should be seriously considered.

mraw
05-04-2005, 08:05 AM
I too am a WDW virgin...However, my entire family (16 - 17 of us) are planning a trip there next spring. My dad has so kindly volunteered to purchase airfare for all of us. The problem is...I don't know where to begin. Disneyland is a breeze, but WDW seems like a whole new project for me. WENDI

I would suggest that you start with Epcot, Disney's Animal Kingdom, and the Disney-MGM Studios. That way, you will see all that WDW has to offer besides the "Disneyland Clone" first. Go to the Magic Kingdom last. You might want to try Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon as well.

adriennek
05-04-2005, 08:06 AM
:raises hand:

:SNIFF:
Adrienne

bradk
05-04-2005, 08:07 AM
What is rhps?

(gasp)

Rocky Horror Picture Show (based on the staged musical Rocky Horror Show)