PDA

View Full Version : tour [showing first-timers around]

disneygurl92
05-03-2005, 08:20 PM
i'm going to be showing two friends around dl and I would like suggestions for food and interesting things to do. i polled almost everyone I know and now it's time to ask the experts. Thanks.
disneygurl92

disneygurl92
05-03-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry I just noticed the thread above about resturaunts. I would still like to know fav rides and all that though. Tahnks.

Disneyfreak
05-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Everything is good at Disneyland. Never had a bad experience on anything. All the attractions are amazing especially Indy and Pirates. If you want a restaurant I would recommend Redd Rockets Pizza Port for lunch and Blue Bayou for dinner.

mkcbunny
05-03-2005, 09:37 PM
For a first-timers tour, I would try to do these things. The rest would be gravy.
Stop in the hub
Fantasyland
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mtn
Ride the train
Indy
One performance/event/parade/fireworks [take your pick]

Fantasyland note: Peter Pan and Matterhorn are favorites. Dumbo if there are small kids involved, but not otherwise. For my money, I'd do all the dark rides and Matterhorn. Teacups if the mood fits the crew.

Be sure to have a fun snack and relax. [Maybe it's Mickey Mouse ice cream. Maybe it's a turkey leg.] Don't try to do too much. Enjoy the view and the company.

disneygurl92
05-04-2005, 07:11 PM
thanks for the suggestions. i didn't know they had turkey legs at disnsneyland. I thought that was only at epcot! :confused: where would those be?

PirateSmile
05-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Everything is good at Disneyland. Never had a bad experience on anything. All the attractions are amazing especially Indy and Pirates. If you want a restaurant I would recommend Redd Rockets Pizza Port for lunch and Blue Bayou for dinner.
I agree with this. Also, you might go to the Snow White Musical or DCA if you happen to have a Park Hopper when Disneyland gets too crowded.

disneygurl92
05-04-2005, 07:45 PM
wow i never thought of that. thats a good idea. i haven't seen the musical either. We should probably do that.

stinkerbell
05-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Oh man! I'm in the same boat! In December, we're going to have my step-father with us....and it'll be his first trip to Disneyland. I'm not at all looking forward to playing tour guide!! :~D

I guess if I was taking someone for one day, I'd make sure they see Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Indy, Splash, Peter Pan, Small World, the Tea Cups and Matterhorn. Hopefully a late lunch at Blue Bayou and fireworks, too! Plus, shopping on Main Street.....gotta go shopping!

Have fun!! :)

bradk
05-04-2005, 09:07 PM
for those less than enthused to provide tours, may i suggest the following, adapted from the episode of one day at a time where schneider gave a full tour of his trailer.

walk directly up to the hub, point to any direction (doesn't really matter which - believe me, i know, since i work in an industry where you're gold as long as you know one more thing than the next guy), exclaim 'adventureland!' another, 'frontierland!,' 'tomorrowland!,' 'new orleans square!', 'the castle!' and (to paraphrase the original (?) theme to gilligan's island) 'the rest!'

at this point, offer to answer any questions, but immediately drown any out with 'okay, it's lunchtime!'

mkcbunny
05-04-2005, 10:39 PM
thanks for the suggestions. i didn't know they had turkey legs at disnsneyland. I thought that was only at epcot! :confused: where would those be?
Well ... last I was there was just over a year ago, so my info is not the most current. There was a cart between the Matterhorn and Small World that appears to still be in service, based on very recent pics I have seen.
Someone on another thread [you can search turkey leg, lol] said there was now a cart in the hub. Have to confirm that next week when we go, though.