PDA

View Full Version : I saw the inside of Space Mountain Today

nightdesigns
05-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Well not the mountain itself, but the queue area, and loading area. If you read my other thread, I've been spending nights in DL setting up for the tv broadcasts (and the person who asked teh question how hard would it be to spend the night in DL, right now, not that difficult). I walked in the back door of SM and took a little look around. It looks very nice. Basically the layout of everything is the same, new paint all around, the never working exit ramps have been replaced with stairs, a new "ship" is hanging from the ceiling in the queue area. It looks like the old one, only modern. Air gates have been installed, and the new cars are dark grey with either orange or yellow (slipping my mind at the moment, lack of sleep). They were doing some work on the braking systems when I was in there. Didn't look like any of the cars would be running today, they were all red tagged. I'll try to get pics, no guarantees though.

Oh and the fuzzy pictures someone else posted, it looks 100x better than those pics.

sdfilmcritic
05-03-2005, 06:12 PM
You're so lucky to get a peek at the loading area. It's been two years already and I can't wait to get in there again!

bradk
05-03-2005, 06:13 PM
i have been inside the mountain - and it is good.

(just paraphrasing butthead i think)