PDA

View Full Version : When to do DCA?

Grendel's Mother
05-03-2005, 02:37 PM
We will be at DLR (getting to the gate) at about 3:30 PM on Tuesday, 5/31. Then we have two full days on 6/1 and 6/2, followed by half a day (leaving the park by 2PM) on Friday 6/3. I am trying to figure out when would be the best time to do DCA for my Ridemax plans. Probably won't be spending a WHOLE lot of time there, as my 5 year-old is under the height requirement for quite a few of the rides (just the two of us, no switching). Any suggestions on what would be the best time to do DCA?

Niwel
05-03-2005, 03:11 PM
I don't think there IS a bad time (except maybe May 4). You might start one of the days at Disneyland (no lines) and then go to DCA when it opens -- then go back to Disneyland that night after the electrical parade if you aren't too tired.
I like having lunch at DCA --- it isn't as crowded.

bradk
05-03-2005, 04:18 PM
yeah, what she said. basically the best time to go to DCA is when it's a bad time to go to DL.

do i understand that right? are you operating on 4 day hoppers?

Grendel's Mother
05-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Yes, 4-day hoppers. But I was planning on going back to the hotel room for a couple of hours during the busy time (midafternoon) for a rest for my 5 year-old.

disneyfand
05-03-2005, 05:11 PM
WHOA, We're going to be there those same days. "Cept we're leaving Sat. morning. I didn't want to go to DL and miss Fantasmic. See you there!!!

bradk
05-03-2005, 05:58 PM
just to minimize jumping around, i'd say focus on DL on 5/31 (since DCA's almost closed by then), DCA on 6/1 (and don't kid yourself on the nothing for a kid to do, you have playhouse disney, aladdin, block party bash parade, it's a bug's life land, the carrousel, jumpin jellyfish, muppetvision 3rd, animation building, the redwood creek trail (with the koda storytelling). the park closes at 6, so it's either a good time to get some dinner and head back to the hotel, or head over to DL and stake out a good place in the hub for the fireworks (with 2 1/2 hours to spare, you'll probably end up with the best seats in the house).

then DL on thursday (taking advantage of early entry) and probably on friday too. that would give you ample time to take in everything and give you plenty of time to even double/triple up between DL and DCA favorites.

i'd definitely take the whole thing in stride and setup ridemax to operate in slow mode.