Not arguing but sources please. Thanks!

Not Afraid
01-19-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by gautry
HRC TO OPEN SRRING 2003

BEARS TO LEAVE FALL 2002

OLD NAVY TO COME DEC OF 2002

HRC? What is that?

Build-a-Bear leaving? Its always packed. Why even I was sucked into to (and happily so).

Just what the world needs - another Old Navy.

They need a shoe store with walking shoes. Now, that would be a good addition.

justagrrl
01-19-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid

HRC? What is that?

Build-a-Bear leaving? Its always packed. Why even I was sucked into to (and happily so).

Just what the world needs - another Old Navy.

They need a shoe store with walking shoes. Now, that would be a good addition.

Yeah - the Bear store seemed to be the busiest store there last night...and I resisted my temptation to go in but maybe I should - if it's leaving soon. (Although they have one at every mall now, don't they?)

And what's with Old Navy...they just closed a store down the street from us...and we are really REALLY close to DTD....ahhh....maybe they are just moving over there?

And I agree BIG TIME about a shoe place with walking shoes...of course they will probably be more expensive then I would like - but what isn't that way around there?

driftwood714
01-19-2002, 09:10 AM
I believe HRC stands for Hard Rock Cafe. I do wish people would just spell out entire phrases instead of abbrievating them... A shoe store is a good idea too. Perhaps like the Walking Shoe Company store over at Crystal Court/South Coast Plaza.

FOOD_AND_DRUG
01-19-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl

And what's with Old Navy...they just closed a store down the street from us...and we are really REALLY close to DTD....ahhh....maybe they are just moving over there?

Old Navy actually relocated it's Anaheim store to the new shopping center in Fullerton at Gilbert Street and Malvern. It's called Amerige Heights Town Center, site of the former Hughes Aicraft plant. I don't consider moving a store 5 miles away in heavily populated suburban area a relocation. It could be that's the term they used so they didn't have to pay severence.

Supposedly, the reason Old Navy left Anaheim Plaza was that it was one of their underperforming stores and the demographics of the shoppers patronizing that location were not meeting the expected sales goals set by the company.

In southern California, many young people (especially young men) shop at Anchor Blue (formerly Miller's Outpost) and it would be reasonable to expect that Anchor Blue's store in the same center as Old Navy just killed them.

Old Navy was asked to consider Anaheim Hills, but Old Navy stated to the Chamber of Commerce that they have scaled-back their store opening program for 2002 and 2003. Much has to do with the overall performance of their parent company, The Gap. It's been speculated in the trades that Gap will spin-off Old Navy as a separate company.

As far as Old Navy coming to DTD, I doubt it as they already have a store nearby at The Block of Orange.

As far as Build-A-Bear leaving DTD, I highly doubt that Bulid-A-Bear signed on for a one-year lease. If they are leaving, one could assume that they would be paying lease cancellation penalties to Disney, unless Disney has asked them to leave and needs the space for another use. Most retail leases begin at a minimum of 5 years and in popular centers, it's usually a 20 year lease.

As we have already seen with the abrupt closure of Mondavi and Wolfgang Puck, anything is possible.

bluepearl
01-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Oh dear. If Old Navy did come to DTD, I would be spending way too much money there (as if I wasn't already). Though I'm not sure they'd have the same sales in other places.

And a shoe store would be really cool! Though I'd wonder if it'd be a variety shoe store or be like CityWalk where there's a Skechers and Vans (which are WAY overpriced compared to the already pricey malls). But I'd love a Vans store.

SteveCJB2001
01-19-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by driftwood714
I believe HRC stands for Hard Rock Cafe. I do wish people would just spell out entire phrases instead of abbrievating them... A shoe store is a good idea too. Perhaps like the Walking Shoe Company store over at Crystal Court/South Coast Plaza.

Yes I agree about the Walking Company. My dad use to be pretty big in that company but then he moved on to a bigger shoe company so I grew up in Walking Co. stores and they are really nice and I feel that one would fit in quite well in DTD.

ionfreeway
01-19-2002, 12:06 PM
Old Navy? There are like 4 Old Navy's within a 20 minute drive of my house in NJ. Why would I want to go all the way to the DLR in California, spend an evening (or afternoon) at DTD shopping at places I see every day.

Hey maybe they can tear down the World of Disney Store and put in a Walmart, now that would be an attraction!

Largent81
01-19-2002, 03:25 PM
And then they can change the name to Disney's American Shopping Adventure and charge everyone 43 bucks to get in. But, from what I hear, that would be the same as DCA. I think a Hard Rock Cafe could do ok, but Old Navy? Please. They could do better.

Ace
01-19-2002, 04:55 PM
the same sources as the list of possible third gate themes?

tabacco
01-19-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by tjrj
Not arguing but sources please. Thanks!

Plus turn off your caps lock, man! We can see lowercase letters just as well as uppercase ones.

Nigel2
01-19-2002, 10:54 PM
Hmmm Hard Rock Cafe eh...

Aren't they tied in with Universal? (House of Blues has 20% int from disney)

Also where would they put it? (Without causing problems and so forth)

tjrj
01-20-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by tabacco

Plus turn off your caps lock, man! We can see lowercase letters just as well as uppercase ones.

Haven't a clue as to what you are talking about as I've checked the original post and there are no caps in it. Neither are they any in the quote that you listed.

Largent81
01-20-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by gautry
HRC TO OPEN SRRING 2003

BEARS TO LEAVE FALL 2002

OLD NAVY TO COME DEC OF 2002

I think everyone is referring to this post, whereas I have to AGREE~

2CN
01-20-2002, 04:27 PM
I could see Old Navy and Hardrock Cafe coming.. but where? I also can't see Build-a-Bear closing down the store- I've seen the location at Fashion Island and it wasn't as crowded as the one at DTD.. so if any, I would think the Fashion Island one would be closed down before the one at DTD with lines going all the way outside on a weekday (when I was at Fashion Island, it was before Chrismtas, on a Friday or Saturday).

tabacco
01-20-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by tjrj
Haven't a clue as to what you are talking about as I've checked the original post and there are no caps in it. Neither are they any in the quote that you listed.

I wasn't talking to you, I was adding onto your post. My comment refers, of course, to the all-capitalized thread starter.

tjrj
01-20-2002, 07:27 PM
Ok, got it. Can anyone else confirm the additions, deletions?

tabacco
01-20-2002, 09:30 PM
No, but I can ask one major question: Where?

There isn't an awful lot of room at DTD for a Hard Rock or an Old Navy. Especially the latter.

Largent81
01-20-2002, 10:00 PM
How would Old Navy fit in the atmosphere? It would look pretty funky imho. I love old navy, but keep it to the malls. I don't see it happening.

Hard Rock Cafe could probably be smushed in there somehow between buildings. Atleast it could match the atmosphere a little better.