PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotels

GrowupDisney
05-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Do you think it's worth it to fork over the extra cash to stay at one of the Disneyland hotels? Or is money better spent on an outside chain hotel so there's more money to play with at Disneyland itself?

stan4d_steph
05-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Here are some previous threads discussing this topic:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=38305
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=31323

It's a highly personal decision; you will get arguments for both sides.

yellowrosedtxn
05-03-2005, 11:02 AM
I can't really answer that because I haven't been there for 25 years, but I will tell you I am going to stay on site (Disneyland Hotel) because of the convenience and because I want to keep the magic day and night. There has been a lot of discussion on this board regarding this issue, and it is really a personal preference. If I were to go back to DLR anytime soon, I would probably stay offsite for the next visit.

hlbtimes2
05-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Its a personal opinion- depends on what is important to you.

We have always stayed off property. We used to go about once a year, since having kids its every other year or so now. We've always been on a tight budget and could never afford to stay on property (except one night at the Disneyland hotel, about 11 years ago, when my BIL manged the Blue Bayou- he got us an employee rate of $50 for the night). We've always enjoyed our trips.

This year, we are doing a little better, and are staying at Paradise Pier. We ae super excited to stay on property. We want that feeling of never leaving the magic while we are there.

topmouse
05-03-2005, 11:47 AM
I highly recommend staying at one of the DLHs at least once. We stayed there our second time at DL and it was a "magical" experience. It's worth forking over the extra cash at least once simply for the experience.

Wendi
05-03-2005, 12:34 PM
If I could afford to stay at the Grand Californian each time, I certainly would. But I just don't have that kind of dough, so I must schlep on over to Hojo's... I don't think it's a huge deal, honestly. I really enjoy the GCH for it's proximity, perks, and luxury - I feel really special when I stay there. If you can afford it, do it... if not, off-property is not bad, and a lot of it is closer to the parks than the PP or DH. Most of the time I'd rather have the extra money to spend on food and goodies.