PDA

View Full Version : I just can't take this anymore... anxious for DL vacation

Pages : [1] 2

ima_mickeyfan
05-03-2005, 10:02 AM
ok, so our vacation is not till sept. but I think i have become obsessive compulsive with the thought of going. I am here on the mb several times a day, looking for trip reports and other intresting and informative information. I talk about plans for our trip to dh like almost everyday, he is to the point where he has told me he no longer wants to hear about it.. lol or he will listen with that blank look on his face. I am excited and want my vacation to hurry and come so that we can go, but yet don't want it to fast so that it never ends. I think I am going to have to go to DLA (disneyland annonymus). (SP) I can't even spell today. I think I feel this way from a lack of experiencing disneyland as a child my other siblings, ages 36, 29, 28 yrs. have yet to experience it...I am already planning next years trip. told dh we are up grading to AP's on our last day so we have to come back!! lol
:| I think for my sanity I am going to have to take a few days away from this board and focus on other things. Hmmm maybe catch up on my scrapbooking.
How do you all get through the countdown days till your next vacation?

bradk
05-03-2005, 10:03 AM

virtual hibernation.

Osky
05-03-2005, 10:05 AM

www.subsonicradio.com (http://www.subsonicradio.com)

hlbtimes2
05-03-2005, 10:55 AM
I feel the same way, and my trip is a MONTH after yours. Its going to be a long summer. My big fear is I'm setting the trip up to let my children down. You know what I mean- we talk about it all the time, my 3 year old wants to watch the old planning video all the time, we look at pictures, etc. I'm afraid if the trip isnt perfect, they'll be let down.

ima_mickeyfan
05-03-2005, 11:11 AM
I feel the same way, and my trip is a MONTH after yours. Its going to be a long summer. My big fear is I'm setting the trip up to let my children down. You know what I mean- we talk about it all the time, my 3 year old wants to watch the old planning video all the time, we look at pictures, etc. I'm afraid if the trip isnt perfect, they'll be let down.
same here, I have told my 2 girls whom this will be the first trip for who they will see, eating dinner at goofy's kitchen, I just want it magical for them all. I am not going to talk about it anymore so they don't feel like dad does when it's time to go. I have decided that the more I talk about it, they don't think its going to happen since they don't have concept of time, all they know is that we are going when the froggie slide opens (pool) and we will be gone when all the cowboys are here for the rodeo. they are only 4 yrs. old. my 2 boys have been there once before and still remember their vacation, they are just excited that they are finally tall enough for Indiana Jones and other rides to go by them selves and not squeeze dad between the 2 of them. :)

GrimmGreen
05-03-2005, 11:27 AM
we have all been there... i'm leaving in exactly a month... and it seems like forever away... then it will be over far too fast...

Rhiannon8404
05-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Disney fever has hit our household hard in the last week or so. With just a month of school left, and a month before our trip, DS (6½) is beside himself. And well, so am I. Every morning while I drive him to school we talk about what we're going to do first, where we're going to eat, what rides are our favs. He got his own Power Rangers luggage set for Christmas last year and is already talking about packing for our trip. DH has started wearing his Disney shirts to work more and more often. He used to just wear them on "Hawaiian shirt" Fridays, but now it's 2-3 times a week. He has several.

Ah, anticipation...

jennia
05-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Don't forget that these are kids.... they will think the trip is perfect even if *you* don't!! :D :D :D :D :D My son thinks every trip we take is perfect. There is always something that he focuses on to remember about the trip.

Yes, catching up with your scrapbooking is a GREAT idea!!! Now that the weather is nice I need to do the same. My scrapbooking space is a sun room. In the winter it is chilly in there ( it was an add-on and although it has heat it never gets WARM) but the spring, summer and fall are PERFECT for me to scrapbook!!!

topmouse
05-03-2005, 12:28 PM
I know exactly what you mean. We planned a surprise trip for our 7-year-old and it is absolutely KILLING us not to tell her. We leave next month, but because of a last minute canceled trip (long story) last year, we don't want to disappoint her (even though WE will be crushed) if something happens and we can't go. We are going to tell her on the day before the last day of school (we leave on the last day of school) and that can't come fast enough! The surprise, though, will be so worth it.

richas
05-03-2005, 01:32 PM
My next trip is in September and I've been plotting it for months!

hlbtimes2
05-03-2005, 01:33 PM
We always talked, before having our kids, how much fun it would be to do a surprise trip. We just can't do it though. We get to excited and talk about it before we even get it booked. We've already been talking about this trip for months, and we arent going until Oct. We actually knew last fall that we would go this fall. Cant keep a secret that long- at least not such an exciting secret!

Rhiannon8404
05-03-2005, 01:35 PM
I cannot imagine trying to keep a trip to Disneyland a secret from DS. I would give it away just by grinning that goofy grin I get by thinking about Disneyland.

hpagels
05-03-2005, 02:40 PM
I cannot imagine trying to keep a trip to Disneyland a secret from DS. I would give it away just by grinning that goofy grin I get by thinking about Disneyland.

We leave this weekend and I've kept it from my DS (also 6 1/2). Just like Topmouse, we had to cancel our Disneyland trip last year too. :( This year, all systems go! I've almost broke a few times, but so far all he knows is that we're going to So. Cal. to see grandma for Mother's Day.

CAN'T HARDLY STAND IT!!!

Hakuna Makarla
05-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh man I know how you feel! Last year we booked our trip for August and we booked it in March. the wait was a killer and so hard to do. I packed, unpacked and repacked all the time until we went. Gosh, its a hard wait but over way to soon, Have the best time on your trip :)

Tutter
05-03-2005, 03:19 PM
What I find really weird is that there are people in the world that DON'T feel like this about going to Disneyland :eek: . I try not to think to much about those people, they're just weird.

Checking on these forums many times a day is the normal thing to do. I am glad my normality is shared by everyone else here. ;)

jennia
05-03-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm not good at keeping the excitement to myself either but I did do one suprise trip for DS. We are local so it wasn't the magnatude of planning a vacation trip like you all have planned. One of my fondest memories as a kid is my parent's driving us to Disneyland and pretending that they got "stuck" in the line for the parking lot. There were 3 of us and I'm sure that planning the trip this was saved them a lot of "are we there yets" as well as the dreaded "I can't fall asleep" issues that begin every Disney trip! :D :D We told my son we were going to a scrapbooking store because he's always been good with navigation. He believed us until he spotted California Screamin'. :D :D Then it was all over!

Sneaky parent tricks, gotta love 'em!!! :D :D :D

Hawaiian Cinderella
05-03-2005, 03:32 PM
I FEEL EXACTLY like you....EVERY word that you said!!!! :) ...We just went in March and will not be going until next March :crying: ...Before we went my dh was calling me Disneyland kookoo because that is all I would talk about...now he is saying I'm NUTS because I am talking about our next trip :D ...This Saturday will be the first day that I can purchase airline tickets for our trip so I'll be up bright and early and doing just that :p ....The trip went way too fast and when I got back I was soooo sad....but just like you...visiting this website several times a day, looking at Darkbeer's pictures and reading all the trip reports makes me feel better ;)

ima_mickeyfan
05-03-2005, 04:55 PM
I just want everyone to have a blast!! especially me!! lol :D
We also cancelled our trip to disneyland last year :( but on the up side to that, we bought a nice house instead, kids understood, so now i am really going to make sure we have a great time. I have a few suprises for the kids and dh 2, when we arrive the kids will have baskets and autographed pictures and since we are doing a character dinner at goofy's kit. I thought I would suprise them with breakfast with stitch. dh's favorite. shhhhhhhh it's a suprise!

disneyfand
05-03-2005, 05:16 PM
It dosn't help me that I have a countdown calender in my work car, desktop, and here. I want to know what's going on at the parks but I don't want to see any spoilers! Anyone feel the same?

DangerMouse
05-03-2005, 05:31 PM
It dosn't help me that I have a countdown calender in my work car, desktop, and here. I want to know what's going on at the parks but I don't want to see any spoilers! Anyone feel the same?

Oh yeah, I just keep staring at Darkbeer's most recent pic thread and telling myself "don't you dare open that!" I already saw a sneek peak of the fireworks when we were there a week ago, and it was enough of a spoiler for me. I want the rest to be a magical suprise.

P94501
05-03-2005, 05:38 PM
When ever I go i and come home I am always looking forward to my next trip . However I am going next week, I can't wait, We have the 50 th anniversary tour booked for next weds afternoon.

mkcbunny
05-03-2005, 05:49 PM
It's an addiciton. I have been checking about three times a day. It's getting bad. Sometimes, I have been on the boards for hours. I get all loopy. When I am done reading the threads that pertain to my visit, I start reading threads that have nothing to do with my particular trip. I see a thread like "Strollers at DLR" and start in. I don't have kids, and I won't need a stroller, but I find myself reading it anyway Aaaaaaaaaargh.

And now that I am one week away from departure, I have my home page set to Anaheim weather. That's not helping matters at the moment.

My husband laughed at me tonight for organizing my lanyard for the trip. I told him it's easier to do it ahead of time and not at the last minute. He thinks I am insane.

As for how to occupy your time before the trip, I just keep planning. If it's not this trip, it's another. But I highly recommend taking a few days off from the forums. Step away from the computer ...

RocketRob
05-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Hi my name is Rob and I'm a Disney addict.

[HI ROB]

I'm nine days, twenty-three hours, fifty-seven minutes away from my flight from Seattle to The Happiest Place on Earth....

I have to confess that tonight I sat down to check "the boards" for the tenth time today and I finally broke down and watched the videos at mouseinfo of the new fireworks show. I'm less than ten days away but I JUST COULDN'T RESIST.

It's a sickness and I need help. It's affecting my job and my wife thinks I'm gonna sprout ears, red shorts and yellow shoes and start walking around saying "Some imagination, huh?" to everyone I meet.

[ROB WE'RE ALL HERE FOR THE SAME REASON. WE'RE HERE FOR YOU]

I'm so ashamed. :(

amarvel
05-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I know how you feel, I dont go till August 30th and its driving me crazy I sooo wish i had time off from work now to go!

PirateSmile
05-03-2005, 07:27 PM
I don't get through it. I deal with my insanity. I quite like this whole ordeal of being mad, now :~D