PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Kinkade

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mouse Legend
05-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Does anyone have info about when the Thomas Kinkade painting of Sleeping Beauty's Castle will be released? He was at the park last summer on Main Street painting it.

Thanks In advance. :D

sdfilmcritic
05-03-2005, 06:47 AM
I totally forgot about that. I was wondering about it too when I first heard the news a while back. An update would be nice news to hear.

itig
05-03-2005, 08:31 AM
I just received a mailing on this from a TK gallery. It says that some will be available on May 5th at the park and that DLR is going to have exclusives on some of them. TK is going to be there at the park. There are like 5 or 6 different levels/types (SP,AP,GP...etc...) and I can't remember which they are getting. I think it was exclusive on the SP's and half of the AP's. "Signature Galleries" will get the other half of the AP's. Again, this is off the top of my head, which is lacking caffeine and foggy at the moment.

Mouse Legend
05-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Thanks. I just got an e mail from Thomas Kinkade that says there is NO set release date as of yet. Can you tell me which store will be selling it, if it is there on May 5th?

itig
05-03-2005, 09:08 AM
They didn't mention which store would be selling it in the letter...sorry.

mmurray54
05-03-2005, 10:28 AM
I would check the Disney Gallery above POC. When I last talked with a cast member up there, they seemed to think that it would be on sale in the Gallery.

itig
05-05-2005, 03:24 PM
OK, just found out a little more info for those of you interested. I guess Thom was sick and cancelled on being at the opening. He may be there in June to do whatever kind of unveiling thing they have planned.

Follydaces
05-12-2005, 12:13 PM
How do you get on theyre mailing list? I totally am into Thomas Kinkade and I LOOOOOVE Disneyland! I want to put a deposit on a painting too, but I don't know which gallerys are going to have it? Can anyone help?

hlbtimes2
05-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Yesterday, at laughing place, some one said that they understood the project to be off. They story they heard was that Disney and Kincade were unable to reach some agreements. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

Tinker Bell
05-12-2005, 02:45 PM
I went to the gallery to get a print and not Kinkade there :(

Follydaces
05-16-2005, 09:08 AM
:crying:

Follydaces
05-16-2005, 09:11 AM
that would be awful if the deal was off. :crying: :crying: :crying: Where on OLP did you see the post, hlbtimes2?? I did a search and couldn't find anything...

Tinker Bell
05-16-2005, 12:09 PM
For my desk top back ground I have a pix of his painting before he packed up and went home I guess that is as close as I am going to get on it.

bradk
05-16-2005, 12:16 PM
you have pictures of the painting? to share?

i'm really curious to see it. but not like curious enough that i'm going to pay $700 for a copy.

hlbtimes2
05-16-2005, 12:21 PM
that would be awful if the deal was off. :crying: :crying: :crying: Where on OLP did you see the post, hlbtimes2?? I did a search and couldn't find anything...

This thread
link (http://mb.laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-61806-P-1&Refresh=0516092441)

Brad- if you follow this link there will be a link in the thread that will take you to a picture someone took of the picture he was working on.

bradk
05-16-2005, 12:49 PM
awesome.. thanks.. wow... absolutely nothing like i would have expected.

05-16-2005, 02:57 PM
They story they heard was that Disney and Kincade were unable to reach some agreements. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

Wouldn't that imply that Kinkade works on spec? Super unlikely.

My educated guess is every dot was on every "i" on every page of his contract with Disney before Kinkade agreed to get out of bed.

AmandasDad
05-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Ya know, I'm _really_ not a fan of TK's stuff. But this one looks pretty good.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4280268&a=31624256&p=71746048

hlbtimes2
05-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Wouldn't that imply that Kinkade works on spec? Super unlikely.

My educated guess is every dot was on every "i" on every page of his contract with Disney before Kinkade agreed to get out of bed.

That is exactly why I said the rumor should be taken with a grain of salt. Its simply a rumor at this point, and I was just passing it along.

Follydaces
05-17-2005, 07:34 AM
This thread
link (http://mb.laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-61806-P-1&Refresh=0516092441)

Brad- if you follow this link there will be a link in the thread that will take you to a picture someone took of the picture he was working on.

THanks for the info!

Follydaces
05-17-2005, 07:35 AM
OK, just found out a little more info for those of you interested. I guess Thom was sick and cancelled on being at the opening. He may be there in June to do whatever kind of unveiling thing they have planned.

itig - where did you get your info? did you say you had put a deposit down on one of these? gosh, i hope you get your money back if nothing happens!

itig
05-17-2005, 08:36 AM
itig - where did you get your info? did you say you had put a deposit down on one of these? gosh, i hope you get your money back if nothing happens!
Hey Follydaces (fun name btw..)

We did put a deposit down on it at a gallery in Monterey. We're actually heading down there this weekend and plan to stop by the shop to check in. If for some reason the print doesn't happen, they will give us our money back. If I find out any more details that might be helpful, I'll post them here.

Take care!

Follydaces
05-19-2005, 06:49 AM

We did put a deposit down on it at a gallery in Monterey. We're actually heading down there this weekend and plan to stop by the shop to check in. If for some reason the print doesn't happen, they will give us our money back. If I find out any more details that might be helpful, I'll post them here.

Take care!

itig - THANKS! Let us all know what you find out - have a great weekend!!!!!! :) :) :)

Follydaces
05-25-2005, 09:22 AM

Take care!

Hey itig - did you find out anything over the weekend? Was it beautiful in Monterey? Thanks!!!!! :) :)

itig
05-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Hey itig - did you find out anything over the weekend? Was it beautiful in Monterey? Thanks!!!!! :) :)
They didn't have a ton of information. The person at the gallery said that it will happen, but they are still negotiating on things and nothing is final regarding who gets what and when. Not the most solid answer, but I got the impression that they were confident the print would be made available. Sorry, that's all they could tell me...

And yes, the weather was fantastic and we had a great time!