PDA

View Full Version : It's 3am and I'm posting live from DL

nightdesigns
05-03-2005, 02:16 AM
thats right. im helping w setup for the tv broadcasts. it is very differeny here at night, lots of activity going on. a stage has been set up at the main st train station, and behind the blue curtain is another mural. will update gain in a while

Tutter
05-03-2005, 02:26 AM
Ooooh I am envious. I am stuck at a desk here with tons of work to do. I'd do anything to be there amongst the excitement of setting up.

Darkbeer
05-03-2005, 02:58 AM
I am still working on my photos from last night..... Already have 400 up of the parade, still working on the 300 or so of the Fireworks, about to give up and take a nap for a few hours...

Have fun in the middle of the night!!!!! And thanks for sharing:fez:

sdfilmcritic
05-03-2005, 03:36 AM
Why can't I be there helping with a television broadcast? I'm so envious of you Darkbeer!

nightdesigns
05-03-2005, 04:00 AM
quick update while i eat breakfast in the staff caff. snuck in buzz, very cool. will try to get pics later. they were doung work on the brakes. doesn't look like they'll be testing for a while, all cars red tagged.

b52hbuff
05-03-2005, 05:41 AM
I am still working on my photos from last night..... Already have 400 up of the parade, still working on the 300 or so of the Fireworks, about to give up and take a nap for a few hours...

Have fun in the middle of the night!!!!! And thanks for sharing:fez:

So what do you mean by 'working on my photos'? Do you process your pictures or just upload them 'raw' from the camera?

sdfilmcritic
05-03-2005, 05:46 AM
Will we have updates about the Jungle Cruise ride? I want to know details and photos about the changes they've actually implemented into the attraction.

CrazyTrain
05-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Whee! Lucky Duck! :D

Disneyfun
05-03-2005, 07:14 AM
Keep us updated. TOOO COOOL.

nightdesigns
05-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Sorry everyone, just got a chance to update. Just woke up from some much needed sleep. Returning tonight sometime during the AM for another fun-filled day.

Things are getting crazy. There are currently about 6 TV trucks within disneyland, tonight all the local channels arrive for their set ups. I had a chance to walk throughout DL about 7am this morning when it was empty, pretty cool, but doesn't have the same charm. It is amazing how many personal vehicles are parked on Main Street when the park isn't open.

They were cleaning the carpets in the Great Moments/50th Exhibit. Didn't see anything new and exciting yet, but it was clean!. The new collage off of Main Street (behind the blue curtain) is of Mickey, it's in black and white (that might be temporary), but I think it's the best looking collage of them all. The pictures are big, 8x10, maybe larger. I guess that is getting unveiled tomorrow.

They were working on the display in the shops windows at the beginnign of main street too. Everything is covered up, but the displays look awesome.

They've installed jumbo-trons on each side of the castle for the TV broadcast, there's platforms in the moat on either side, and a large platform in the middle of the hub.

And a correction to above, i was in Space Mountain, Not Buzz, I'll create a new thread on that one.

kbanmen
05-03-2005, 05:50 PM
thats right. im helping w setup for the tv broadcasts. it is very differeny here at night, lots of activity going on. a stage has been set up at the main st train station, and behind the blue curtain is another mural. will update gain in a while

it is different at nigh isnt it.. Iwork at DCA graveyard

last night we had soooooooo many media there,, weird weird feeling but I loved it
sooooooo exciting