PDA

View Full Version : Show stops for Parade of Dreams - Main Street float locations

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
05-02-2005, 10:58 PM
I can't remember everyone who asked about this, but here are the float locations for the Main Street show stops when the parade travels from Small World to Main Street.

To see the lead float, grab a seat on the curb outside the Main Street Opera House.

The Beauty and the Beast float stops in front of the Main Street train station.

The Pinocchio float stops in front of City Hall, the "special effects" are on the rear of the float.

The Little Mermaid "float" has two units. Ariel's section stops between the Emporium and the Main Street Fire Station, while the Ursula unit stops outside 20th Century Music.

The Alice in Wonderland unit stops between the Market House and New Century Timepieces.

The Lion King float stops between the China Closet and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor. The west side of the street offers an excellent view of one of the arielists, the other is on the rear of the float.

The finale float stops between Coke Corner and the Corn Dog Wagon.
When the parade moves from Main Street to Small World, the locations are:

Lead float = between Coke Corner and the Corn Dog Wagon.

Beauty and the Beast float = between the China Closet and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor.

Pinocchio float = between the Market House and New Century Timepieces.

Ariel float = outside 20th Century Music. Ursula section = in front of the Emporium / Fire Station.

Alice in Wonderland unit = City Hall

Lion King float = in front of the Main Street train station.

Finale float = outside the Main Street Opera House.

I'll have the other two show stop locations later. I know cstephens wanted to know about the Lion King float - if you see the parade from Small mall, try to get a spot in front of Fantasy Faire - west side of the street for a south -bound parade, east side of the street for a north-bound parade.

AVP

sdfilmcritic
05-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Thank you AVP. Now I know where to sit to watch the parade.

rentayenta
05-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Thanks AVP! My flight leaves in 2 1/2 hours. :D

sdfilmcritic
05-03-2005, 02:09 AM
Thanks AVP! My flight leaves in 2 1/2 hours. :DGetting to go on vacation? Lucky. :D

Mommy2NicknMax
05-03-2005, 05:55 AM
Thank you so much for this information!!! :D

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-03-2005, 06:06 AM
I am thinking in front of City Hall for me. My oldest loves Pinnochio and love Alice.
Thanks for the tips!

sdfilmcritic
05-03-2005, 06:08 AM
I'm sitting in front of the Main Street train station for the first parade. :D

CrazyTrain
05-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Uhhh... for the directionally challenged, which is the east side and which is the west?

sdfilmcritic
05-03-2005, 07:19 AM
Uhhh... for the directionally challenged, which is the east side and which is the west?City Hall = West Side
Main Street Bank = East Side

cstephens
05-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the info, AVP, and thanks much for the great article today (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050503avp.htm). I've printed it out already and plan to bring it with me tomorrow.

If anyone wants to look for us on Thursday, we'll be planted in front of the Little Mermaid float.

CrazyTrain
05-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks, SD! :fez:

sediment
05-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Re DCA, in the linked article: I don't think DCA will be all that crowded (AP previews) on 5/4. Maybe I'll be wrong. Won't be the first time, won't be the last.

Disneyfun
05-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Okay I was wondering what each float does on the parade stops. I figure we could make a list if every one posted.

From what I have seen and heard, (So Please correct me if I am wrong) at the stops,
FIrst float does nothing but have the fairies dance around and peterpan gets out and dances too.

Little mermaid floats I hear is suppose to have "a water fight" between Ariels float and Ursals?

Pinocio has the bungie jumpers,
Alice has a trampoliners
Lion king has the tree that grows and then two woman swinging on their legs on ropes.

SO anyone got anything to add or change?

Disney Show Member
05-09-2005, 12:04 AM
OPENING- Nothing, everyone dances with banners and peter pan comes out of the float and dances

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST-Everyone has banners and dances

PINNOCIO- The fixture the bungee dances are hanging from raises about 10 feet into the air

URSULA-nothing

ARIEL- the shell she sits on raises about 5 feet into the air

ALICE- the cards get on the trampoline and do stuff

LION KING- Tree raises about 10 feet into the air taking the "spanish web girls" with it

FINALE- Everyone dances with banners

LLevy
05-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Ok- sorry- i haven't been keeping up to date.. where are the stops?.. if we only had one day to catch the parade, what would be the best place to sit/stand?

thanks

stan4d_steph
05-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Ok- sorry- i haven't been keeping up to date.. where are the stops?.. if we only had one day to catch the parade, what would be the best place to sit/stand?I merged this thread with an earlier one outlining the show stop locations. Scroll up to the OP to determine where you would want to stand based on your float interest. :)

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Trevor and I were watching from just outside the "little Princesses" room under Alice as the parade made it's way from Main Street to Small World and we got two stops, right in front of us...Beauty and the Beast AND Lion King.

-TLMt

GeminiAngel
05-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Is there a Snow White float?

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-09-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't quite remember. I do know that Trevor announced "there come the dwarfs..." but I think she was on the generic Princess float. I'm probably wrong, I can't remember what I had for lunch!

-TLMt

cstephens
05-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Is there a Snow White float?

Nope. She and Aurora and Cinderella and their respective princes are on the last float, with Mickey and Minnie riding higher up.

sdfilmcritic
05-14-2005, 06:03 PM
I have a question that I should know the answer to....

Am I correct to say the first showing of the parade will be heading from IASW to Main Street and the second showing of the parade will be going from Main Street to IASW?

Disneyfun
05-14-2005, 06:07 PM
I have a question that I should know the answer to....

Am I correct to say the first showing of the parade will be heading from IASW to Main Street and the second showing of the parade will be going from Main Street to IASW?
Yes this is how have seen it!

sdfilmcritic
05-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Yes this is how have seen it!Thank you. I'll be at the park tomorrow and I wanted to see the second showing of the parade and didn't want to be in the wrong spot for the parade float that I want to see the most.

disneyguy247
05-14-2005, 06:12 PM
I'll be at the park tomorrow

When?!?!?!:D

Disneyfun
05-14-2005, 06:13 PM
When will you be there and Which float do you want to see?