PDA

View Full Version : I just saw Remember... [merged]

Pages : [1] 2

disneyguy247
05-02-2005, 08:46 PM
OH MY GOD!!! I just saw remember from the hub. What an amazing show. Awe-inspiring, amazing, WAY better than Fantasmic!(i didn't think I'd ever say that). It's hands down the most amazing fireworks show EVER. Go see this show on May 5th. The fireballs, the lasers, the POTC cannonball sequence, the strecting room effect, the AMAZING castle lighting. ..........I can't wait to see this show again on Thursday.

On another note, I got to have a nice chat with Al Lutz before the show started......a very nice guy.

Also, PoD was awesome! Ursula is fully articulate, all the way down to her fingers. Very good parade, although I think that the floats should have gone by a bit slower. They seemed to zoom by, only trying to keep up with the next float. Another small complaint is that the floats are sometimes spaced too closely, and the music from the different floats become garbles and mixed. Hearing Be Our Guest and I Got No Strings simaltaneously doesn't sound so good.

Disneyfun
05-02-2005, 08:50 PM
OH MY GOD!!! I just saw remember from the hub. What an amazing show. Awe-inspiring, amazing, WAY better than Fantasmic!(i didn't think I'd ever say that). It's hands down the most amazing fireworks show EVER. Go see this show on May 5th. The fireballs, the lasers, the POTC cannonball sequence, the strecting room effect, the AMAZING castle lighting. ..........I can't wait to see this show again on Thursday.

On another note, I got to have a nice chat with Al Lutz before the show started......a very nice guy.

Also, PoD was awesome! Ursula is fully articulate, all the way down to her fingers. Very good parade, although I think that the floats should have gone by a bit slower. They seemed to zoom by, only trying to keep up with the next float. Another small complaint is that the floats are sometimes spaced too closely, and the music from the different floats become garbles and mixed. Hearing Be Our Guest and I Got No Strings simaltaneously doesn't sound so good.

bradk
05-02-2005, 08:51 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=41319

:rolleyes:

Disneyfun
05-02-2005, 08:53 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=41319

:rolleyes:
Bummer I missed that!!!!
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

DonaldDuck14
05-02-2005, 09:13 PM
May contain some spoilers....be advised

Yes I saw it tonite as well. Like it was so surreal how they can put on this show!!! Like It's not a firework show, its a special effect show. And Tinkerbell's flight was amazing, there is a point where it does look like she's flying around. Kudos to the imagineering team for putting this together. Like the castle is actually involved with the show and yes, the lighting effects were truly amazing. Also the 360 degree effect with pyro shooting off in multiple areas is amazing. I don't want to get into too much detail of the show because I know there will be reviews and pictures (and probably video) of the performance but all I have to say is there are lasers, strobe lighting effects (as seen in fantasmic in the finale), huge sparklers (like the ones that rotate on the mark twain in the finale of Fantasmic), and fireballs...yes fireballs!! It's truly amazing and I don't know what can beat this firework show and yes it does top our beloved "Believe...There's Magic in the Stars" So yes, you must see the show in the hub, otherwise you just missed out on great special effects. I say my favorite part was the Haunted Mansion and Star Tours segment...you'll understand when you see it ;) However what may pose a problem for the show is because the pyro is alot closer and more involved, the smallest chance of high winds will cause most of the effects to either go dark or end up cancelling the show....but besides that it is something to go out and wait for. Yes I consider it Fantasmic status...haha

Disneyphile
05-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I totally agree with the Fantasmic status. ;) Needless to say, I was completely in tears within the first minute of the show. It was the most awe-inspiring thing I've ever seen from Disney. :D

Wendi
05-02-2005, 09:25 PM
So, for those who saw the show... what is the best spot to stake out? Right in front of the Castle? A bit further back, like the Kodak Shop at the end of Main Street? Do tell... I only get one shot to see it May 5th as I'm leaving earlier than the next show on the 6th.

disneyguy247
05-02-2005, 09:27 PM
between plaza pavillion and plaza inn, right where the horse-drawn carriage forks arounf the actual central hub, if that makes any sense.

Wendi
05-02-2005, 09:33 PM
between plaza pavillion and plaza inn, right where the horse-drawn carriage forks arounf the actual central hub, if that makes any sense.

Excellent. Thanks!!! :D

DonaldDuck14
05-02-2005, 09:35 PM
yeah, I saw it in front of the castle adjacent to the plaza gardens, and the trees to my left got kinda in the way for the bigger pyro. but anywhere in the hub will do for getting at least most out of the show. Just make sure you get a nice clear view of the castle and the matterhorn. It's cool cuz they cast silohouettes (sorry i know i mispelled that) and images on the castle and the matterhorn, so watch out for that during the show.

pretty Omi
05-02-2005, 09:42 PM
yup saw then, friend who has a friend called me to tell me, i cried, it was so awesome!

Crazy4DL
05-02-2005, 09:46 PM
oh lordy, how am I going to wait until August???? :(

Osky
05-02-2005, 10:03 PM
After reading this thread, I had to book a trip in a few weeks. Kinda weird flying down for one night. Anyway, in case anyone is interested, Downtown Disney view in the GCH for $219 with AP discount.

mkcbunny
05-02-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't understand how we're all suppposed to get a view of this show. People keep emphasizing how you have to be in the hub to really appreciate it, and there's no way everyone in the park for fireworks will fit in the hub. I just picture lots of pushing and shoving and it gives me the willies.

Newseditor44
05-02-2005, 11:06 PM
What a great evening at the Magic Kingdom! Not only did I get my 6-disc CD collectors set (with the LE gold vinyl)... but we got to see the preview for the fireworks and the new parade. Below is a brief recap of the fireworks for those of you itching to get the inside scoop. I am NOT going to tell all, but hopefully it will be enough keep you jonesing for more!

SPOLIER ALERT!!!! DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!!!

First I need to stress, do whatever you have to get into the hub to see the fireworks. If you don't, you'll miss half the effects. Make sure you are close to the castle and have a clear view, there are some new themed lighting effects that use the castle as the backdrop. Those of you who were around us tonight near the TV Cameras know what I mean. The strobe lights on the castle re an amazing effect as well. Also, I would say there have to be at least 5 times more fireworks shot from inside the park than in Believe. There was so much smoke in the park following the show that I thought we all might need oxygen.

Julie Andrews does a superb job narrating the show. Her voice adds that classic Disney touch that the show needs to get all sentimental and magical.

Tinkerbell shows up about 2 minutes into the and goes up, down, and all around. A great effect, though some how I was expecting more. None the less it was fantastic! After about 3 minutes of introductions, the scene shifts back to Walt’s opening address and some "regular" fireworks. the show then goes through the years and focuses on each of the "lands" of Disneyland and some of the attractions that have made them famous.

One of my favorite moments was the lighting effect on the castle during the MSEP music. The castle strobes go off and a mired of different colored lights blink all throughout the castle. The crowd was clapping throughout the MSEP segment, bringing back chills to those of us remembering the "good ole days".

As the show progressed to the New Orleans segment, the sounds of the Haunted Mansion brought the nights first glimpse of the fireworks in the hub area. I couldn't count all of the locations, but it seemed like eight or ten locations surrounding the hub, fireworks shot straight up into the air, lighting the hub up like I have never seen it before. It was AMAZING!!!!!

Another new effect during Indiana Jones were the "flame throwers" from atop the castle. Flaming gas was shot up into the air from ontop the castle from six different cannons, kind of the same effect that you see in the Wizard of Oz as Dorothy and friends meet the Wizard for the first time. You could feel the heat from the fireballs as they exploded in the air. Big fireballs, very big! This as done as red fireworks were launched behind the castle. A goosebump moment.

Aside from goosebump moments, there were some funny moments as well. The castle as transformed into the shooting arcade as ducks with targets raced around and and firewroks marked the moments where they were shot.

I think my favorite position of the show was the laser fight during Star Wars, as lasers ere shot around the hub with fireworks explosions as different targets were hit. This had the biggest crowd response of the night!

I purposely have left out other portions of the show, simply because it needs to be seen by one and all. I thought Disney would have a very hard time beating Believe, but I think they may have done it with this one.

Again, I need to stress, this show must be viewed from the hub, no ifs ands or buts about it.

As a Disneyland old timer and a harsh critic of Disney entertainment, I can safely say that this show is one of the best to come out of the park in a very long time and shows that Matt and the new cast in TDA get it! Disneyland is finally starting to show signs of that quality we once expected from Walt's magical kingdom. It's cutting edge, its exciting, and beyond worthy of the two hour wait you'll have to forgo in the hub to see it.

Enjoy everyone!

d00mbuggy
05-02-2005, 11:15 PM
mkcbunny: Your best bet it to just get situated close to the castle about an hour before the show. It will get packed by the time it starts, but unless you're very short, or have a bad vantage point, you should be able to see everything. And assuming that you're going around May 10th, the crowds might be a little less than on the 5th.
By the way, I saw it last night, and I am without words!
But I'll try a couple, AMAZING!, SPECTACULAR!, and not even close to what I was expecting. As some have said, tears...to my eyes.
Enough said.
:)

d00mbuggy
05-02-2005, 11:43 PM
I too was there tonight, (with all of this being to my unbelieveble surprise), I saw the parade as I walked into the park.
Heard about the Fireworks show by word of mouth, and I was ecstatic! NO F***ING WAY! TONIGHT! AWESOME!!
Kudos on not spoiling the REALLY cool stuff! I wish I could, but... :p

Brisal73
05-03-2005, 12:07 AM
DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS

be sure to save it to the computer to save bandwith... I have a feeling the site might not last.

www.remainseated.com

Osky
05-03-2005, 12:12 AM
DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS

be sure to save it to the computer to save bandwith... I have a feeling the site might not last.

www.remainseated.com (http://www.remainseated.com)

I only see the buzz light year ride... Am I missing something?

Brisal73
05-03-2005, 12:17 AM
refresh ;)

Osky
05-03-2005, 12:20 AM
refresh ;)

Ahhh. There it is! Thanks for sharing.

bradk
05-03-2005, 12:50 AM
re: getting a view in the hub

am i mistaken in that those who are attending the first viewing of fantasmic are more or less kept in that position during the fireworks? should make navigating to the hub easier.

Disneyfreak
05-03-2005, 12:54 AM
Video of the whole show:

Video 1: http://www.mouseinfo.com/video/remember/rem2561.rm

Video 2: http://www.mouseinfo.com/video/remember/remember2562.rm

Video 3: http://www.mouseinfo.com/video/remember/rem2563.rm

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-03-2005, 06:09 AM
I am not even going to read replies, for fear of hearing more than I want to, and spoiling it. But I truly cannot wait for the fireworks. If it rains I will cry! I plan to get a good spot in the hub and plant myself there within plenty of time for Remember. I can't wait! Hope I can get a good camera spot too, I plan to video it.

got2travel
05-03-2005, 08:00 AM
I was fortunate enough to be there last night. I was supposed to be on a flight home at 4:30 but after I heard the announcements of the sneak previews, I cancelled the flight. I had to see these shows since I didn't know when I was going to make it back.

As I am sitting here on 3 hours of sleep (had to drive home to SF Bay Area so I could work today) I am crying all over again. I am simply amazed at what they were able to do.