PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Disneyland Experiences

Pages : [1] 2

disneygalforlife
05-02-2005, 07:17 PM
If this had not happened to me, I would not have believed that it was possible. Last weekend, we decided to head to Pirates after seeing Fantasmic. We walked on the ride and we were ushered into row six (last row). The ride was going fine . . . we went down the first hill, we went down the second hill, then as we got to the bottom of the second hill we heard this rush of water behind us and just then this wave came up over the side of the boat and soaked me and my party. We were sitting in two inches for the rest of the ride and my whole left side was completely soaked. I looked like I had just gotten off Grizzly River Run!

When we got off the ride we showed the cast member at the exit and all he could do was laugh, as did the girl working in the Christmas shop.

My question is this, first has anyone heard of somone getting this wet on Pirates?? Second, I know everyone has a Disneyland story that if it had not happened to you you would not have believed it.

Earkid
05-02-2005, 07:26 PM
My question is this, first has anyone heard of somone getting this wet on Pirates?? Yep, happened to me. My entire right leg and butt were soaked. You don't expect it so it takes you totally by surprise. I gasped so loud the entire boat turned around to look.

Elways way
05-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Wow! Wonder if it was just one of those random things with the way the boats were flowing, weight distribution, etc. I know it is not their intention to cover people with a fluke wave but I'm not sure if they do anything to combat stuff like that. Sounds like it could have been a random happening.

I too have heard about some of the crazy things people have experienced at DL The strangest for me has always been the people that swear they saw an old man "strolling" down main street. Or the people who were admiring the statue of Walt and Mickey in the hub when they noticed what appeared to be the same older gentleman smile at their delight and disappear. I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts...but if there is such a thing...... I would like to think that Walt was able to witness the joy that he and his little mouse and the park they built bring to so many people after all these years.

PirateSmile
05-02-2005, 07:49 PM
I swear I heard The Thong Song playing a few years ago at what is the now not what it was Buzz Lightyear Stage. Nobody will believe, though.

Chadsgal
05-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Yes, It's happend to me I screamed soooo loud!! Then that was followed by laughter. :D

hlbtimes2
05-02-2005, 08:31 PM
I swear I heard The Thong Song playing a few years ago at what is the now not what it was Buzz Lightyear Stage. Nobody will believe, though.

What is the thong song?

PirateSmile
05-02-2005, 08:33 PM
What is the thong song?

It's a song that came out (I think) in the late 90's by artist Sisqo. It isn't about shoes if ya catch my drift.

wHiTe2k3eP
05-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Back in the mid 90's, I remember my family was having lunch at a food place near Space Mountain, and this guy had on a hat that said "F*** You" written accross the front. I remember my brothers and myself laughing about it, and it must've caught someones attention. A few minutes later security came up to the guy and told him to take the hat off, and the guy refused. It got a little ugly, and the guy finally removed the hat. As soon as security turned around, he put the hat back on, and we almost died laughing. Security came back and I think they ended up removing him from Disneyland. It was great.

SCUBAbe
05-02-2005, 09:22 PM
one time during the winter I was waiting for the main street train at night,,,when mickey stuck his face up to the window....then he waved...I waved back thinking it was cute...and kind of special seeing mickey behind glass, but hen he came into the station and those characters freak me out, but they kind of sense my panic, because they will rarely walk up to me...or maybe it's because I'm saying" "OMG please don't come over here"...LOL

oh I have one..one time we were going up the trazans treehouse and these teenage boys were spitting on people below them...like letting it run slowly out of their mouths until it dropped...it was soooo gross...*yuck*

SilverStyle
05-02-2005, 09:35 PM
LOL that is too funny. There is actually a way to soak the boat right in front of you. If you have a full load on your boat and you all lean foward on the drops. It creates this huge wave and soaks the other boat.

Once at muppets 3D u know when fozzy bear soaks the people with his flower. Well I guess one of those hoses got plugged and there went all that water that was stuck into it.

Crazy4DL
05-02-2005, 09:55 PM
oh I have one..one time we were going up the trazans treehouse and these teenage boys were spitting on people below them...like letting it run slowly out of their mouths until it dropped...it was soooo gross...*yuck*

That is so disgusting! I hope you smacked them over the head! I am just kidding - but truly that is one of the grosses things I have heard. I have such disgust for people spitting - I mean I would have literally thrown up if I had seen that! yuck yuck YUCK! sorry . . . but YUCK!! :( :mad:

sunfun94
05-02-2005, 10:29 PM
What is the thong song?

yeah, the song came out late 99 early 2000, we got married in 2000 and the song was VERY popular ( I remember hearing it on the radio ALL the time!!) :D

The old man
05-03-2005, 08:58 AM
We too got soaked in the back row a couple of weeks ago.
David

Neon Cactus
05-03-2005, 10:32 AM
I remember once when they had those big phone booths at the exit of American Journeys. We saw a guy sitting in there talking on the phone with a bright red apple next to him. All of a sudden a cast member opened the door, grabbed the apple and shook his finger at him. We were curious obviously and asked the cast member what was going on and it turns out the guy had swiped the apple out of the witch's hand on the Snow White ride.

mickeynminnie
05-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Right in the middle of Pooh's segment of Playhouse Disney, Tigger's arm fell off, it was kinda funny. But you should've heard the "Momma, what happened to Tigger's arm?" all around in unison.

HTHgal12
05-03-2005, 11:05 AM
I was at the opening of the new tomorrowland in 1998 and was in line for rocket rods. there was this guy in front of us who looked exactly like Robin Williams(maybe it was him?) and he kept yelling stuff so everyone would look at him like "I need drugs" and stuff it was weird.

sunfun94
05-04-2005, 08:58 AM
I remember once when they had those big phone booths at the exit of American Journeys.

OMG!!! The giant phone booths! I remember those! We used to call our parents all the time on those to come and pick us up...My then BF (now DH) called his work from those to call in sick!! :)

Opus1guy
05-04-2005, 09:59 AM
I remember once when they had those big phone booths at the exit of American Journeys.

They were officially called and labeled "Chatter Boxes."

ToursbabeC3po
05-04-2005, 01:20 PM
one time during the winter I was waiting for the main street train at night,,,when mickey stuck his face up to the window....then he waved...I waved back thinking it was cute...and kind of special seeing mickey behind glass, but hen he came into the station and those characters freak me out, but they kind of sense my panic, because they will rarely walk up to me...or maybe it's because I'm saying" "OMG please don't come over here"...LOL

I am totally terrified of the "beast" character and all of the people that played him knew it and would chase me backstage when they spotted me.

As for the wild pirates experience. Yes this does happen from time to time but the way the cast members handled it was not appropriate. I was just reading a wonderful story about cast member "James" and how he went out of his way to help out a guest and it still gives me hope that cast members might be heading in the right direction but then I saw he had been working for the park for years. If they keep on pushing people that have experience out and replacing them with short term employees this is going to continue to happen.
I love the park and I hope that for everyone's benefit the take care of this problem before they loose repetitive visitors. People will not come back if the service is bad.
toursbabec3po

amarvel
05-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Yup this happened to me last time. Both my dad and I got drenched, my mom thought we went on splash mountain :)

Earkid
05-04-2005, 01:37 PM
As for the wild pirates experience. Yes this does happen from time to time but the way the cast members handled it was not appropriate. :confused: I didn't get the impression that the OP was complaining about the way the CM's responded to her unexpected drenching. I read her comment to mean that they were all laughing together. Maybe I'm wrong, but how would you expect the cast memeber to respond to a funny situation? :|

When I got soaked I thought it was funny. That's what rides are supposed to be, fun. If you go on a ride that includes water in any way, shape or form you can not rule out the potential of getting wet.

hayesmama
05-04-2005, 02:18 PM
PirateSmile-
I heard that Thong Song in TL too! My Dh was so shocked! I couldn't believe it myself!!!

splashmtngurl
05-04-2005, 03:39 PM
i got soaked on pirates once and the boat had like 2 inches or so of water in the bottom. the cast member operating the ride said it was a water bumper malfunction.

PirateSmile
05-04-2005, 04:07 PM
PirateSmile-
I heard that Thong Song in TL too! My Dh was so shocked! I couldn't believe it myself!!!

AaaaHA! A witness!! Lol, such lovely Disneyland music. :rolleyes:

disneygalforlife
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
:confused: I didn't get the impression that the OP was complaining about the way the CM's responded to her unexpected drenching. I read her comment to mean that they were all laughing together. Maybe I'm wrong, but how would you expect the cast memeber to respond to a funny situation? :|

When I got soaked I thought it was funny. That's what rides are supposed to be, fun. If you go on a ride that includes water in any way, shape or form you can not rule out the potential of getting wet.
I thought it was cool that the cast member was laughing with us, becuase standing in that Christmas store we were positively giddy. The cast member quickly caught herself and apologized for laughing, and once we assured her that she was laughing WITH us, she continued right along!