PDA

View Full Version : Best places to interact with Princesses

Pages : [1] 2

Grendel's Mother
05-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I am going to DL in early June with my daughter (a five year-old) who eats, sleeps and breathes Disney Princesses. I have heard the Princess breakfast is not that great, but I already have tickets for that, so we're doing it anyway. Which of the other locations (Goofy's Kitchen, etc.) also have princesses? Which can we expect to see?

Is Ariel ALWAYS at Ariel's Grotto? Ariel and Belle are my daughter's favorites and I would hate to take her there with her thinking she would see Ariel and have her be disappointed.

And are there other locations where we might actually interact with a Princess? Are there many princesses at DCA as well as DL?

Lastly, my daughter wants to make cards for all the Princesses. If she tries to give a Princess a card, will she be able to take it? (I'm thinking of those we happen to meet in the park. Do they have a way to carry things?)

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

ksejr1
05-02-2005, 10:34 AM
I have always seen ariel at the grotto, the map should have the times that she is there. And the other princesses, I've always seen in fantasy land next to the casey jr.

DangerMouse
05-02-2005, 10:54 AM
We just returned from the resorts, and we had the best luck finding princesses in the Animation Building at DCA. We saw Belle, Aurora, Snow White and Cinderella. You can check with the CM at the Animation Bldg. for their schedules.

stitchlvr
05-02-2005, 10:57 AM
I am going to DL in early June with my daughter (a five year-old) who eats, sleeps and breathes Disney Princesses. I have heard the Princess breakfast is not that great, but I already have tickets for that, so we're doing it anyway. Which of the other locations (Goofy's Kitchen, etc.) also have princesses? Which can we expect to see?

Is Ariel ALWAYS at Ariel's Grotto? Ariel and Belle are my daughter's favorites and I would hate to take her there with her thinking she would see Ariel and have her be disappointed.

And are there other locations where we might actually interact with a Princess? Are there many princesses at DCA as well as DL?

Lastly, my daughter wants to make cards for all the Princesses. If she tries to give a Princess a card, will she be able to take it? (I'm thinking of those we happen to meet in the park. Do they have a way to carry things?)

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

I have seen Jasmine at Goofy's kitchen, but I don't remember other princesses. We saw Belle at the Paradise Pier Breakfast, but it has changed now to Lilo & Stitch.

Ariel used to be at Ariel's Grotto in DCA, but she is no longer there. The best (and maybe only) place to see Ariel is in DL in her greeting area (Near the Castle on the way to tomorrowland). Belle sometimes does the Storytime reading in the Fantasyland toy shop and that's great.

In DCA, the princesses (they rotated) had a photo area inside the Animation Building. In Disneyland, you often find them near the castle or sometimes at the enterance. Your best bet is to see the CM's at the info booth (or maybe City Hall?) and ask when specific princesses will be out and where.

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to this one (cards).

sdfilmcritic
05-02-2005, 10:58 AM
In Disneyland the royal princess can be found near the castle.

Aurora can be found on the right side of the castle toward the Main Street end of the walkway that leads to Snow White's Wishing Well.

Snow White, of course, stands near the wishing well.

Belle and Cinderella usually stand on or near the wooden bridge on the left side of the castle.

Ariel is always located in her Grotto which is located between the castle and Matterhorn.

Mary Poppins, when she is dressed up in her caurosel riding best white dress, is found at the Carnation Gardens to the left of the castle. She usually has a penguin or even Bert in tow behind her.

Pocohantas can usually be found near the petrified tree next to the Rivers of America in Frontierland. If you are lucky you will see Pocohantos walking along the Big Thunder Trail that leads along Big Thunder Mountain Railroad back toward Fantasyland. She usually has Meeko in tow.

Alice is all over the place. She can be found at Coke Corner, Alice in Wonderland and Mad Tea Party attractions, the Castle, or in the mornings she and her crew can be found near the Mickey shaped floral bed near the front of the park.

Jasmine and Aladdin can be found at the Aladdin's Oasis place next door to Jungle Cruise.

Tarzan and Jane can be found near Tarzan's Treehouse.

Peter Pan and Wendy can be found on Main Street occasionally and I even foudn them back over near the patio area on the way to It's A Small World.

AlbertaMinnie
05-02-2005, 11:46 AM
I head that Ariel isn't always at her grotto anymore........and when she is there, of course remember that she doesn't come to your table - you go to her. (the rest of the characters take turns visiting your table throughout your meal - VERY well organized!) The cast members at the entrance to the Grotto could let you know for sure (I found them VERY helpful and didn't have a problem getting a reservation on an "off-peak" time)

Would you please send me an update of your impression of the Princess Breakfast when you get back? We are going in July, and upon reading the reviews, I am trying to determine the best place to have a character meal. I have two daughters who LOVE the princesses but I don't want to leave them with a bad feeling and a disappointing experience.

sdfilmcritic
05-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Just so people won't get confused I'll mention there are two grotto's for Ariel. The character dining grotto is the one DisneyNutso is referring to and that is located in DCA. The Disneyland grotto is a meet and greet experience that everyone has an equal chance to meet Ariel and it's not a character dining experience.

Darkbeer
05-02-2005, 12:13 PM
The Disneyland area where you can find Ariel is "Triton's Gardens"...

The Ariel's Grotto restaurant featuring Captain Mickey is in DCA, and no longer features Ariel. I was there yesterday, and heard a family complain that she was missing, since their two daughters love Ariel.

They need to change the signage and change the name of the restaurant(which they have been too cheap to do), or bring back Ariel to join Mickey and his friends.....

Zigen
05-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Be sure to check out the fanastyland toy store, a few times a day a princess will read or tell a story to children there. Get there early, sometimes that small room fills up fast.

percytheguineapig
05-02-2005, 03:32 PM
We just returned from the resorts, and we had the best luck finding princesses in the Animation Building at DCA. We saw Belle, Aurora, Snow White and Cinderella. You can check with the CM at the Animation Bldg. for their schedules.

Just wanted to echo this. My little girl suffers from Disney Princess Addiction, and we've also found this the best "1-stop shopping" location to see the various Disney Princesses. Jasmine also shows up there from time to time. Plus its air-conditioned.

Disneyfun
05-02-2005, 03:43 PM
in the Animation Building at DCA. the pricess even play Duck duck goose with the children very cute but very hard to get pictures with just you and the Princess. THere is a wing off to the left that switches out the princess and you can get a picture by your self and a disney member also takes a picture you can buy$$$$
sdfilmcritic Gave a great detail. My ugestion is go to guest service info, (even before the park opens ot sid ehte gate THey have the schdeule and can tell you exactly when and were.

Also to confirm I was told just last sunday by The city hallin DL that Ariel is no longer at the grotto in DCA but yes she is still over on the back wall of the new buzz light year ride.

sdfilmcritic
05-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Be sure to check out the fanastyland toy store, a few times a day a princess will read or tell a story to children there. Get there early, sometimes that small room fills up fast.FYI - For those who don't know where this store is located I will tell you. It's located on the northwest side of the castle within Fantasyland territory. It's the princesses themed shop.

Darkbeer - I apologize for my incorrect information about Triton's Gardens when I referred to it as Disneyland's version of Ariel's Grotto.

PirateSmile
05-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Princesses can also sometimes be found hanging out in the Cartoon Corner (I think that is what it's called.) by IASW and the Snow White stage. I've seen Mulan hanging around Main Street.

sdfilmcritic
05-03-2005, 06:29 AM
I don't have the showtimes schedule in front of me and I was wondering if anyone knew the time the princess storytime is held in the princess shop. I know it's held twice a day on busy days, usually around early afternoon. But I can't remember the exact times.

kohl
05-03-2005, 08:31 AM
In Goofy's Kitchen, the Princesses change daily. They never know which one will be there. (We have asked before)

ChipmunkStar
05-03-2005, 08:58 AM
The Storytimes are:

Normally, it will be CInderella or Aurora (they switch daily), Belle, and then Snow White.... Or maybe I've got that order wrong. In any case, daily it's Snow White and Belle, and the other two switch :)

momto3princesses
05-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I think if you are going to be at DL/CA for three or more days, you don't need to worry about not running into princesses! :) They are around. The only characters we found hard to find were Daisy Duck and Pocohontas - everyone else was pretty easy (but we were there for five weekdays this last time).

I am disappointed to hear that Ariel is not in her restaurant - that makes no sense. They will need to change the name or bring her back. Truth in advertising if you please...

If you look in the brochure that is handed out at the entrance (on occasion I had to ask for one), the character sighting places/times are listed. Just be there at that time and the character will show up. :)

I second (third?) the princess storytime in the gift shop off the castle. Times should be listed on the map. Ariel is in her area as others have mentioned. Note - the princesses are not allowed to hold babies (I wanted a photo of my kids with Ariel without me in it). When we were there two trips ago, it was the same Ariel for three days in a row and she remembered my daughter when we went back on the second and third days! That made her trip. She also pointed at her from the parade float (maybe she points at a lot of kids but we thought it was cool). :)

We have always had one princess at each character meal. They come to your table, kids can dance the macarena with them, take photos, etc. So I think it is worth it. You don't know which princess but my kids love them all so were never disappointed. We've had Snow White, Belle, can't remember who else - would have to go back and look at my photos....

Seems like a lot of princesses "hang" around the castle. We found Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella near each other in an area just before Small World, on the right side of the path on little decks?

Have a blast! Your daughter is a great age to go.

DopeyWife
05-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Ariel is in her area as others have mentioned. Note - the princesses are not allowed to hold babies (I wanted a photo of my kids with Ariel without me in it). When we were there two trips ago, it was the same Ariel for three days in a row and she remembered my daughter when we went back on the second and third days! That made her trip. She also pointed at her from the parade float (maybe she points at a lot of kids but we thought it was cool). :)

We were just there a couple weeks ago, and Ariel held my daughter with no problems so I was able to get a picture of her by herself with Ariel. I wonder why they told you that princesses weren't allowed to hold babies??

bradk
05-03-2005, 10:27 AM
i would think for obvious liability issues.

one of the mouse tales books has some interesting stories about parents wanting to have the costumed characters hold the babies, even going as far as to stuff the baby in the pants of one of them.

kos
05-03-2005, 12:15 PM
We were at DL for the princess breakfast about a month/3 weeks ago. My advice is to book it early (we had the 2nd sitting of the day at 8:40) and ask to be seated outside. We waited about 15 minutes to be seated and then we were visited by Snow White, Jasmine and Aladdin, Cinderella, and the Fairy Godmother w/mice. Belle was also there at the beginning but on the other side of the restaurant. We spent about an hour or so there and some of the princesses were starting to leave/break at the same time or shortly before that. After we left the restaurant, we went to Fantasyland to ride Dumbo. (I've posted this next part before...) While waiting in line, they brought Belle down to ride on Dumbo and my daughter was chosen to ride with her. After that, we went right onto the carousel and Cinderella was on there, also. I don't know if they do that kind of thing regularly but it was exciting even for the people not on the ride. I hope this helps!

DopeyWife
05-03-2005, 02:47 PM
one of the mouse tales books has some interesting stories about parents wanting to have the costumed characters hold the babies, even going as far as to stuff the baby in the pants of one of them.

That's crazy!

sdfilmcritic
05-03-2005, 03:55 PM
I think if you are going to be at DL/CA for three or more days, you don't need to worry about not running into princesses! :) They are around. The only characters we found hard to find were Daisy Duck and Pocohontas - everyone else was pretty easy (but we were there for five weekdays this last time).Another FYI regarding Pocahontas - Last time I checked she only cmoes out to visit the guests on the weekends (Friday through Sunday) but not during the week. I don't know if this schedule has changed at all, but that's the last thing I heard about her.

PirateSmile
05-03-2005, 07:30 PM
I don't have the showtimes schedule in front of me and I was wondering if anyone knew the time the princess storytime is held in the princess shop. I know it's held twice a day on busy days, usually around early afternoon. But I can't remember the exact times.

I've been there a couple of times, and I believe it was at 11? This was a few years ago, though. It's probably changed.

Disneyfun
05-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Another FYI regarding Pocahontas - Last time I checked she only cmoes out to visit the guests on the weekends (Friday through Sunday) but not during the week. I don't know if this schedule has changed at all, but that's the last thing I heard about her.
I ahve only seen Pocahontas once in all of my many trips to DL and that was in frontier land.

Note a princess but my daughter enjoyed seeing Jane of trazan, At the front gate~ also have seen Jasime there many times!

sdfilmcritic
05-03-2005, 09:17 PM
I ahve only seen Pocahontas once in all of my many trips to DL and that was in frontier land.That is correct. I had mentioned her location earlier in the thread but forgot to add about the days of the week she appears.