PDA

View Full Version : A Musical History of Disneyland / Scratches?

b52hbuff
05-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I was reading over on www.magicmusic.net that someone had a set with scratches.

I am sad to report that some of my discs had scratches as well. Discs 1, 2, 4, and 5 had small 'angular' scratches that followed the curve of the disc. It was almost like someone scratched them while they were spinning.

Everything else about my set was pristine.

Did anyone else have any problems?

btw, from what I've listened to it, the mixes sound great. I am so glad that Disney has released such a great package. Please folks, don't share this over the net. Just buy it, you'll be glad you did...

DwoernAdale
05-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Mine has the same type of scratches. It hasn't affected the play of the discs at all so I haven't decided whether or not to ask for replacements. I mean how would that work anyway? I'm obviously not going to send back a LE set that they are out of and accept a non-LE replacement. So I may just live with the scratches. They are pretty minor anyway, at least on mine.

stan4d_steph
05-02-2005, 11:19 AM
I didn't look at the back of my discs, but they played fine for me so I'm not concerned.

tod
05-02-2005, 11:38 AM
We got an Incredibles soundtrack with gouges in it. I guess quality control ain't what it usta be.

--t

Andrew
05-02-2005, 12:38 PM
If you're concerned about the scratches affecting playback, I think you should contact Disney. Ask if they can exchange just the CDs, not the entire package. Since we know the LE and the SE and the "standard" editions all have the same tracks, it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I recommend ripping the originals and storing them in a safe place. Don't share them, just use your backup copies--especially if you want to listen in the car.

b52hbuff
05-02-2005, 12:38 PM
I mean how would that work anyway? I'm obviously not going to send back a LE set that they are out of and accept a non-LE replacement. So I may just live with the scratches. They are pretty minor anyway, at least on mine.

...well, I'll let you know when I find out. My home time is pretty hectic, and the only time I really listen to music is at work with the iPod. So once I've ripped all of the albums, my biggest fear is that some many weeks later, what I think is a ripping error turns out to be a 'pop' from a scratch.

What I asked for was a replacement of the scratched discs. As I said, the rest of the set was in excellent condition...

One question, my understanding is that the only difference between the LE/SE/national release is the gold/black/missing album. The CD's should be the same, right?

b52hbuff
05-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Also, I recommend ripping the originals and storing them in a safe place. Don't share them, just use your backup copies--especially if you want to listen in the car.

Hahaha. I learned this lesson when my 1991 Official WDW/DL album got taken as part of my car stereo. Now every disney CD gets ripped to my media center in Windows Media Lossless Compression format and I also rip to my ipod with AAC compression.

I have most of my Disney original CDs in zip lock baggies in rubbermaid tubs in the basement. :)