PDA

View Full Version : Surprise visitor to DL on Sunday, May 1

cstephens
05-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Well, not a surprise to Disney, but definitely a pleasant surprise to us. We were wandering around New Orleans Square in the afternoon and noticed that they had some kind of set-up on the balcony of the Disney Gallery, where they have the Fantasmic dessert buffet. There was a camera and lights and reflectors and stuff, all around a man sitting in a chair with his back to the river. I thought he looked kind of familiar but dismissed the notion. Then we looked a bit more, and sure enough, it was him.

Here's a wider picture: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/roy-1.jpg.

And here's a closer picture: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/roy-2.jpg.

Cool, huh?

blueckles
05-01-2005, 10:23 PM
That's very cool. Did you think you were seeing things when you first saw him?

Pirate Princess
05-01-2005, 10:39 PM
It's late and I can't figure out who it is. (I'm sure I will feel stupid after everyone tells me).

E-ORLover
05-01-2005, 10:42 PM
That is very cool. I but you did a double take. I would have loved to have seen him in person. Thank you for sharing the picture.

H22kai--It is Roy Disney (Walt Disney's nephew).

Pirate Princess
05-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Okay... well I don't feel stupid then.. I would have never got that. Whew.
So cool!!!
Now that's a relative I would like to be.

Photographer
05-02-2005, 05:22 AM
I hope Roy is there May 4th and 5th!

Disneyfun
05-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Wow My first reaction was it must be a poster of Walt disney. Then I realized no it must be Roy! Too Cool. I new I should of gone yesterdaty.

cstephens
05-02-2005, 09:51 AM
That's very cool. Did you think you were seeing things when you first saw him?

Well, it was really a matter that while I've seen pictures of him and might be able to recognize him if I saw a picture of him or saw his face, I didn't think I'd seen enough pictures to be able to recognize him from the back of his head. Apparently, I can, at least in this instance.

Christiii
05-02-2005, 10:08 AM
wow..now THAT is special!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Neat! He looks so much like Walt.