PDA

View Full Version : favorite character to visit at DL

lisap
05-09-2001, 02:14 PM
Ok, here is a new question.

A) What character to you make a point of spotting/saying hello to when in Dl?

B) Who is the most unusual character you have seen at Dl?

We always try to see Snow White and hope our "favorite one" is visiting that day.
The most unusual character I've seen must be....I can't remember his name....the Kevin Kline character from Hunchback. He was having to introduce himself a lot, cause kids did not have a clue who he was.

:confused: :confused:

Rick
05-09-2001, 02:38 PM
I always try to see Mickey Mouse at the parks.

merlinjones
05-09-2001, 02:59 PM
I'm always happy to see the Princess Aurora. She didn't appear for many years, and after all this is her kingdom. Mary Poppins always pleases me too.

I'd like to see the Cheshire Cat appear, and Aurora as Briar Rose would be great back in the forested Thunder Trail area near Fantasyland. I'd love to see Zorro back in Frontierland if they ever cut a new liscensing deal.

I loved finding Clarabelle Cow in the recent parade! Let's see more of her (and Horace too!).

:)

Rick
05-09-2001, 03:00 PM
I always try to see Mickey Mouse at the parks.

lisap
05-09-2001, 03:15 PM
ooohh, Briar Rose in the Big Thunder area---brilliant! That area is totally underused. They could bring the peasant/fairies there too.

Morrigoon
05-09-2001, 07:54 PM
Idea for a new land: The Enchanted forest.

A well treed area including attractions for pooh, sleeping beauty, robin hood, etc. It could either go where the motor boats were, or start at big thunder ranch, go under the berm and expand into backstage. They could plow down that eyesore in the old parking lot and build the misplaced backstage areas there ;)

Or I suppose they could put it in critter country, but they'd better leave CBJ right where it is. That would be another candidate for under-berm expansion. But it would fit well, wouldn't it?

Okay I was off topic...
I like seeing Aurora/Briar Rose, and my faves are catching Alice and the Mad Hatter romping around Main Street. They're the only talking characters who can really "play" in the park. I say, add Peter Pan and Wendy to that!!!!

Matterhorn Fan
05-10-2001, 05:29 AM
I hardly ever meet the characters--there's always a line of little kids, and need to have those pictures a lot more than I do. The "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" thread made me think of this--I'd really like to see Mr. Toad out in Fantasyland! That's a picture I'd have to have!

Does anyone else remember when Pooh had a giant Hunny pot on his head?

Morrigoon
05-10-2001, 04:52 PM
The most unusual (rarely seen) character I've ever seen in the park is Paul Pressler ;) .... once.

Lost Boy
05-10-2001, 09:20 PM
I always see Mickey Mouse and Goofy. I look for Max.
The most unusual was a short lived character who only came out on Main Street just as the sun went down. Can you guess?

Goliath from Gargoyles. And he was impressive.

madamemortem
08-05-2002, 01:14 AM
I go gaa-gaa for Daisy Duck! I see her mostly at DCA now. I used to spot her now and again in Toontown.
I get all stupid and start jumping up and down like a 4 year old when I spot Daisy....man, I need a life!

Gemini Cricket
08-05-2002, 07:22 AM
I always try to find Donald Duck at the park.

The most unusual would have to be one of the face villains. They can be hard to find.

I'd like to see the seagull from "The Rescuers" walking around, just to see how they'd do it. :D

awinner
08-05-2002, 08:13 AM
my little buddy...Pluto

PXSgeek
08-05-2002, 02:40 PM
this isnt in DL but i LOVE meeting Cruela Devil at DCA, i make fun of her prissy lil face, in my book shes the best Character WITHOUT a mask!
The most unusual is Chip And Dale and Goofy in their Frontierland outfits:p

Gemini Cricket
08-05-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by lisap
The most unusual character I've seen must be....I can't remember his name....the Kevin Kline character from Hunchback. He was having to introduce himself a lot, cause kids did not have a clue who he was.

Phoebus. :)

mousey_girl
08-05-2002, 07:18 PM
When we go we always have The Boy, so Woody, Buzz and Cap'n Hook are must sees. I love the Mad Hatter, he has the best one-liners and bad puns!!!

The most unusal/unexpected character was Gaston. We had breakfast at Minnies one year and the only character in the place (right after opening) was this guy with a bad wig. We were clueless, I felt really bad that I didn't know who he was. It wasn't until 20 mins later, when Belle arrived, that I figured out who it was.

Also, I am still surprised when I see Esmerelda. She seems to be a "regular" at Goofy's Kitchen. We also saw Baloo there once. I think I have decided the best place to see obscure characters is at the hotels.

disneynut
08-05-2002, 07:36 PM
When we were there last week, Prince Phillip was out with Sleeping Beauty. That was pretty cool seeing a prince. We also saw the Evil Queen~Snow White's Stepmother~over by the villain shop one time. That was a neat surprise. She played the part to a tee. My daughter wouldn't even go up to her and my son was as white as a sheet when he was standing next to her.
My favorite character to see is the Beast. We always have to see him. That guy must be huge to be able to carry that costume...it's gotta weigh a ton.

Good question lisap!

Lost Boy
08-05-2002, 08:22 PM
I have seen the Wicked Queen over by the "Old" villians store in Fantasyland about 4 times now and she is just the greatest villian character ever. She just gets away with so much as that character. I saw her once when a young couple came up to get their picture taken and the guy said something to his fiance and the Wicked Queen just had a fit. I don't know what he said, but she didn't like the way he was talking to the lady and she had him on his kness (both) bowing and scraping and applogizeing like crazy to his girlfriend/fiance and she was loving it.
This character is so great and such a great costume also. It is a lot of fun to stand off to the side and watch, just don't get caught or you might be next to be thourghly humiliated by this Wicked Queen.:D