PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast

tiggerpoo
01-18-2002, 11:57 AM
Hi-Can anyone tell me which character breakfast would be best for 2 adults that prefer to not have alot of interaction with the characters but still want decent food?
Thanks.

MammaSilva
01-18-2002, 12:09 PM
hands down, the best character breakfast FOOD is at the Grand Californian Storytellers Cafe....the characters stay by the door for the most part and don't come around to the tables while you are eating. Try the potatoes they are wonderful!

mad4mky
01-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
hands down, the best character breakfast FOOD is at the Grand Californian Storytellers Cafe....the characters stay by the door for the most part and don't come around to the tables while you are eating. Try the potatoes they are wonderful!

I 100% agree. And, the Potatoes were the BEST part of the breakfast. Boy, they were yummy.:D

tiggerpoo
01-18-2002, 12:24 PM
Thanks you guys!
Is this the Chip and Dale breakfast? We aren't real familiar with the layout of the hotels- how do we get to the breakfast? We love potatoes!

MammaSilva
01-18-2002, 12:39 PM
this is the Chip and Dale breakfast, depending on where you are staying, you go into the GC from DTD and get to walk thru the wonderful lobby then out and down the walk to the StoryTellers Cafe, the CM's will offer directions along the way .... be sure to take the time to stop in the bathrooms on the way out of the GC, hands down the NICEST in the entire resort LOL!

tjrj
01-18-2002, 02:50 PM
Must 3rd the above opinions-for breakfast itself-Storytellers-yummy, yummy. And the decor of the restaurant is one of the best too.

EandCDad
01-18-2002, 04:59 PM
Its unanimous, the Storyteller Cafe is excellent. Go to the Grand California hotel, ask at the front desk and they will point the way. Check out the buffet before you decide if you want to order off the menu or just splurge on the buffet. Warning-not cheap, but not sooo outrageous either.

tiggerpoo
01-18-2002, 06:06 PM
We bought the disney pkg. that has the option of an upgrade for the character breakfast, last year we ate for free at tomorrowland terrace. It was o.k. but for 12$ more I thought this would be worth it. Do they let you take pictures of the characters? Also when is the best time to go?

mousey_girl
01-18-2002, 06:42 PM
The big draw to the character breafasts is the ability to take one on one pics with the chatacters.
As for when to go... Earlier is better, at least it is for us. The crowds aren't as bad, lines are shorter and the food is fresher.
Depending on when you are going, I say make your reservations at least 2 weeks before your trip. We wanted to go to Goofy's Kitchen for The Boy's b-day. I called a week ahead and they were already booked solid, and this was on a THURSDAY!!!! They say only hotels guests can call ahead for reservations, but no one ever asked me where we were staying.

EandCDad
01-18-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by tiggerpoo
We bought the disney pkg. that has the option of an upgrade for the character breakfast, last year we ate for free at tomorrowland terrace. It was o.k. but for 12$ more I thought this would be worth it. Do they let you take pictures of the characters? Also when is the best time to go?

If it is $12 more and that is for the buffet, I would do it. They let you take pictures with the characters.

tjrj
01-19-2002, 08:17 AM
You can make reservations up to a month in advance at the Disney restaurants. That's what I did-and they were already booked for my first choice of time. Try this # 714-956-6755-but given that it's Disney that could change.