PDA

View Full Version : New Character?

disneygalforlife
05-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Can someone settle a bet that I have going?
We were in Disneyland last weekend and saw in the new "parade" Flora, Fauna and Merriweather characters. I say that these are new costumed characters that have not been in the park before and my aunt says they have always been. Who is right?
I know that there are at least two other costumed charaters. Tinkerbell (finally) and Rabbit from Pooh. Does anyone know any more???
Thanks for the help!

Disney Vault
05-01-2005, 04:14 PM
I know that Block Party Bash has a lot of new characters.

hlbtimes2
05-01-2005, 04:14 PM
I dont think they are new. I seem to remember them in a parade in the past. But, I dont ever remember seeing them walking around the park. Seems like I saw Rabbit in 2003 when we were there, but might be wrong on that.

mkcbunny
05-01-2005, 04:32 PM
So, Tink is walking the park now, or just in the parade?

The SB fairies were definitely in the previous parade. ["Parade of Stars"?] I always wondered why Piglet was in that parade but not used for character greetings. Maybe he isn't as popular as the other three, but it never made sense to me to have Pooh and no Piglet.

tmshpkns
05-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I always wondered why Piglet was in that parade but not used for character greetings.

Although I've never seen Piglet there for greeting in Pooh Corner, he was in the Pooh & Friends character breakfast before it was converted to princesses.

Tom

Disneyfun
05-01-2005, 05:02 PM
The fairies have been in the pricess Show that was a filler between the old parade and the new one. I just saw it last sunday! Befor that they were in the parade of dreams I think that was the name. It was the one that just finished this past summer. The came in right after the Blue fairy I believe.

mkcbunny
05-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Although I've never seen Piglet there for greeting in Pooh Corner, he was in the Pooh & Friends character breakfast before it was converted to princesses.

Ah, I see. Never went in there. Still wish they'd let him out for park greetings. I could do without Tigger, myself, but I know he's imprtant and popular...

PirateSmile
05-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Tinkerbell (finally)

Yay! Tink in the flesh!

Tinkerball
05-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Were they ever in the Very Merry Christmas Parade years ago? I swear I remember them in there while Aurora and the Prince were dancing around....I know... brought something up so un-PC as a Christmas parade *giggle*