PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion - Takes FastPasses or No?

Pat-n-Eil
05-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Reading on here that the Haunted Mansion sometimes takes FastPasses and sometimes it doesn't. The Disneyland website definitely lists it as a FastPass attraction.

Formerly, it was a non-networked FastPass attraction.. Is it still non-networked even when it is being offered?

Do you suppose it will be a FastPass attraction during the 50th or at least during the summertime?

I guess I don't care too much about the networked aspect right now since I'll have the "enhanced" FastPass capability to get multiple FPs, but I'd still like to be able to use them for the Haunted Mansion.

Anyone have the answer?

nursemelis374
05-01-2005, 01:19 PM
I believe that it is only using FP when the holiday overlay is up. POTC and HM both no longer have FP.

bradk
05-01-2005, 01:19 PM
it's only on FP during the HM Holiday season.

HM and POTC were taken off fastpass sometime ago because the fastpass systems actually ended up creating traffic issues.

Disney Vault
05-01-2005, 03:09 PM
That Disneyland website needs to be updated so bad. I bet is also says star tours has fastpass.

Pat-n-Eil
05-01-2005, 03:34 PM
That Disneyland website needs to be updated so bad. I bet is also says star tours has fastpass.

Ok then. Actually, I never ever got a FastPass for POTC even when I could - it just never made sense to me since the line, even when spilling out past the entry area never took long to get through.

Haunted Mansion, however, had some pretty long waits as I remember. We liked having a FastPass for that one when we wanted to cool down for awhile :)

Here's what the website says:

Disneyland® park

Autopia, presented by Chevron
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Haunted Mansion
Indiana Jones™ Adventure
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Splash Mountain
Star Tours, presented by Energizer

Disney's California Adventure™ park

California Screamin'
Grizzly River Run
Mulholland Madness
Soarin' Over California

mkcbunny
05-01-2005, 04:39 PM
And you can FastPass Tower of Terror at DCA, and they don't have that added to the list, either. I can't believe they let it get so out-of-date.

Disneyfun
05-01-2005, 04:58 PM
And you can FastPass Tower of Terror at DCA, and they don't have that added to the list, either. I can't believe they let it get so out-of-date.
this is one of the reasons I am here! I get so tired of goingto the site to find out dated or not working info. I can get better info here!
I can not tell you how may times I have wanted to find a time of a show before going inly to have the site coem up saying not avaible at his time!

mkcbunny
05-01-2005, 05:09 PM
So, are the park times posted on the Disney Web site correct?

HorizonsA
05-01-2005, 05:56 PM
You know what would be a good idea? Surprise Fastpasses. I don't know when, but a long time ago when the Splash Mountain Fastpass Distribution Area was by The Haunted Mansion exit, I went to get Fastpasses for Splash Mountain for me and my family. When I Got the Fastpasses, a second Fastpass was attached and it said, "SURPRISE FASTPASS, Use this Fastpass for the Haunted Mansion attraction during the one hour window." It had a seperate One Hour Window of time from Splash Mountain. But that was kind of cool. I think, on really crowded days, like during Spring Break where Fastpass is not used for Haunted Mansion, I think it would e a good idea to give Surprise Fastpasses to those attractions. And they should make it so not a hundred people or so gets one every hour. It should be a surprise surprise, like 1 out of 15 people would get one. And knowing that only one Fastpass won't be enough for an entire family, the Surprise Fastpass should be good up to at least 5 people, somewhat like those special passes they give you when a ride breaks down.

HorizonsA
05-01-2005, 06:01 PM

It's nearly been a year since the Tower of Terror has opened, May 5th will be it's one year anniversary, and they still list it as a "new" attraction. :rolleyes:

Darkbeer
05-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Here is the current list of FASTPASS machines at the DLR...

Disneyland

Autopia
BTMRR
BLAB
Indiana Jones
Roger Rabbit (Stand Alone)
Splash Mountain
And in July...
Space Mountain
And during the holiday season, Haunted Mansion Holiday.

In DCA...

Screamin'
GRR (Stand Alone)
Mulholland Madness
Soarin'
ToT