PDA

View Full Version : Do you think... (Spending the whole night in the park)

DisneyBrudy
05-01-2005, 05:30 AM
Do you think you could get away with hiding somewhere in the park, and spending the night there? I think I could. Has anyone done this or heard of anyone doing this?

bradk
05-01-2005, 05:33 AM
many years ago, there was a runaway who lived in the tepees of the indian camp on tom sawyer's island i believe. so at one point it was definitely possible. nowadays, you could probably pull it off, although if you're thinking may 3 or may 4, i highly doubt it. aside from security sweeps, there will probably be so many people in maint working that it'd be very hard to find a place that would go overlooked.

tod
05-01-2005, 05:52 AM
Sure you could, if you put your mind to it. There's a cot in the Mark Twain wheelhouse, there are places to sleep and hide in Tarzan's Treehouse, and if you want to rough it there are all sorts of nooks and crannies where you could hide out.

But why would you want to? You would have to hide, you couldn't just walk around and enjoy the feeling of being in Disneyland after hours. If you got caught, you would be thrown out, maybe arrested for trespassing. I've heard that there are rats that come out at night and scavenge. Obviously that cat population over by the Hungry Bear is eating something.

I thought about it, for about a minute, decades ago, and decided against.

--t

05-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Didn't someone say they have dogs sniffing around after the park closes?

disneyhound
05-01-2005, 07:01 AM
But why would you want to?
Exactly, what would be the point? True it would be cool to walk about in silence and solitude, but that would never be possible. You would have to remain hidden the entire time. Try visiting the park in late January, closest thing to having the park to yourself, and it's available to the general population!

Lekta
05-01-2005, 08:32 AM
The only real benefit I see, and this is assuming you make it through the whole night undetected is, you get free admission the next day!! =)

I still think that the idea sounds cool to me, actually spending the night in Disneyland. If you were to choose a calm weekday night, you might even be able to move about, in stealth of course. But, as they have already mentioned, there isn't much that you could actually do. And yet, the idea interests me. Perhaps you could get some photos of the dark park? At any rate, if you do this, give us a report =)

sdfilmcritic
05-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Do you think you could get away with hiding somewhere in the park, and spending the night there? I think I could. Has anyone done this or heard of anyone doing this?If it hasn't been suggested already I reccomend you read David Koenig's book Mouse Tales and his sequel book More Mouse Tales. I can't remember which one has the story of the kid who actually did spend several nights at Disneyland.

nightdesigns
05-01-2005, 08:59 AM
I think if you snagged a maintenance uniform and put that on at night, you could get away with it. If anyone saw you, they'd just think you were maintenance. That would also enable you to get into the kitchens and snag some grub!

stan4d_steph
05-01-2005, 11:07 AM
These days, it's not a good idea. DL takes security very seriously. There are motion sensors, bomb-sniffing dogs etc. Even if you have a uniform, if you don't have valid ID you would likely be stopped and challenged. Interesting fantasy, but as tod said, the reality is not as exciting.

sleepyjeff
05-01-2005, 11:36 AM
I still think that the idea sounds cool to me, actually spending the night in Disneyland. If you were to choose a calm weekday night, you might even be able to move about, in stealth of course. But, as they have already mentioned, there isn't much that you could actually do. And yet, the idea interests me. Perhaps you could get some photos of the dark park? At any rate, if you do this, give us a report =)

Dark park? The park is darker before it closes.

...and yes, there are dogs who don't need to see you to know that you are there.

...also, not a few of the few deaths at Disneyland have occured to people who thought they were being stealthy :eek:

HorizonsA
05-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Would you really want to risk getting caught and then being banned from the park?! :eek: Then you wouldn't get to so much as set toe inside Disneyland.

disneyfn
05-01-2005, 02:53 PM
I did spend the night at DL on Feb 7th 2001. Not a pleasant expierience though. Sleeping on hard cement in front of the castle,38 degrees and the main st music loop going.Try getting some sleep,impossible.And waking up and using the restroom.DL restrooms were not designed for cleaning up in the morning.No mirrors above the sink and no showers. A one time event and I would not do it again.

mkcbunny
05-01-2005, 05:13 PM
This came up with a CM on a tour we took once. All of the reasons cited above came up. Plus, if you REALLY want to blow the magic, they turn the lights on inside the dark rides to check them and look for trash and stuff. Imagine being inside Pirates of the Caribbean, and then it's completely illuminated. Blech. Why ruin it all?

Lekta
05-01-2005, 05:59 PM
I'd rather just believe that some kind of magic happens at night. I dont want to hear the truth!

And, about the dogs.. sure they don't need to see me, but, why would they know my scent? They WOULD need to see me in order to discover that there was a reason to find me in the first place =)... if that makes any sense :)

bradk
05-01-2005, 06:03 PM
yeah i don't think the dogs are a major threat to the plan. although they can smell fear which usually works for fugitives. there are way too many people working in the park to just use the dogs to id trespassers.

PirateSmile
05-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Do you think you could get away with hiding somewhere in the park, and spending the night there? I think I could. Has anyone done this or heard of anyone doing this?

I think I'm small enough to be able to hide somewhere in there, but if I did the characters would be too afraid to come out and have their nightly Magical Masquerade Ball!

Lekta
05-01-2005, 06:12 PM
I did spend the night at DL on Feb 7th 2001. Not a pleasant expierience though. Sleeping on hard cement in front of the castle,38 degrees and the main st music loop going.Try getting some sleep,impossible.And waking up and using the restroom.DL restrooms were not designed for cleaning up in the morning.No mirrors above the sink and no showers. A one time event and I would not do it again.

Where in front of the castle did you stay? Was that where you intended to stay? Were you alone? What did you intend to do there.. sleep? Great to hear about it from someone who did it. Oh yeah, why did you try to stay in Disneyland during the winter? :)

Promo-Man
05-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Nana, nana, nana, nana as a former graveyard custodian I have spent many a night at Disneyland :D

sleepyjeff
05-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Where in front of the castle did you stay? Was that where you intended to stay? Were you alone? What did you intend to do there.. sleep? Great to hear about it from someone who did it. Oh yeah, why did you try to stay in Disneyland during the winter? :)

I am pretty sure disneyfn was there with hundreds of others waiting in some line for an opening of some sort ;)

bradk
05-01-2005, 06:33 PM
and if they only knew then what they know now, would they have risked hypothermia for it?

sleepyjeff
05-01-2005, 06:42 PM
and if they only knew then what they know now, would they have risked hypothermia for it?

lol... ;)

capst
05-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Well, there was grad night, June 17 and 18, 1971, 11 PM to 6 AM. And there was a dress code. Coat, tie and slacks for the guys, knee length dress or dressy pantsuit for the girls.

disNeytEen
05-01-2005, 08:47 PM
if you really wanted to hid out in the park hide some snorkel of some sort bring warm clothes and extras, and hide out in the water, then swim over to the island and camp out in a tent. If they come for you then jump back in the water......or just walk around the park with your eyes closed if you want dark.

disneyfn
05-02-2005, 09:58 AM
With reply to Letka, It was for the grand opening of DCA. I was one of about 500 others who camped out all night starting at 3pm by lining up in the parking garage. At 11 pm we were let into DL to camp out.No sleeping bags were allowed.As for the weather we weren't prepared because most thought we were going to be put into the Rocket Rods building to sleep. Big surprise when we ended up in front of the castle on the ground.The only concession was hot chocolate but they even ran out of that! I did see some people sleeping in the stalls of the restroom later that night. Something I didn't think I wanted to try.